Wind tomorrow

Intellicast which of course gets its data from the NWS has winds in Iowa City on Saturday being 20-25 mph by that through the game. There will probably be some gusts.

It is that time of year now opposite the spring season when the ground is warmer than the air which causes a lot of air movement. Nothing we can do about it so dont fret.

Now that being said the hawks depend more on the passing game than the turtles so that could be more of a negative for Iowa. Stanley has a strong arm but not the tightest of spirals to cut the wind but anything short of 20 yards a pass should be ok.

Not super worried. The run game was fine against the Hoosiers, we just happened to hit a lot of big plays off of the pass. It also seems like Brian's playing with tendencies again by passing on 1st down more, which I love. If the wind is that bad, I still think we'll have enough of a ground attack that will keep them honest until we get it at our backs.

There is a change now for how to dress for the game. Attractive women only are encouraged to wear either a black or yellow skimpy dress.

4%2Bwindy%2Bday.jpg

Intellicast which of course gets its data from the NWS has winds in Iowa City on Saturday being 20-25 mph by that through the game. There will probably be some gusts.

It is that time of year now opposite the spring season when the ground is warmer than the air which causes a lot of air movement. Nothing we can do about it so dont fret.

Now that being said the hawks depend more on the passing game than the turtles so that could be more of a negative for Iowa. Stanley has a strong arm but not the tightest of spirals to cut the wind but anything short of 20 yards a pass should be ok.
The real question is......why do we not have a domed stadium.........for goodness shakes little brother UNI has one

The Wave alone is worth keeping Kinnick an open air stadium.

No problem. Just put in one of those translucent roofs with translucent windows and walls. The Vikings and Rams are doing it with their new NFL stadiums.

Come on, I am guessing it would only cost 4.0 billion dollars.

So I read in one of the articles not sure but may have been a Hawk Central article (SORRY lol) that Maryland has not been good defending against the use of tight ends. That being said I feel like the Hawks often do and still can have success keeping passes between 10 to 20 yards with Hockenson and Fant. The run game seems to have picked up as well and we are going to have to grind away in that facet as well.

Has me a bit worried as it seems the Terrapins best game is the running game. But, if the d-line and LB's can contain them then Iowa should be in good shape.

One upside with Iowa's passing game is that the TE are a huge part of it, which this game with the wind could be in Iowa's favor since don't want to challenge going downfield that much with a bad wind. I think they can still do the short passing game and still exploit with our TE's.

Latest posts