Wind tomorrow

Ha. Sorry. Im retired lose track...my bad

LOL, I've been there too. Just having a little fun with ya.

I agree that the wind could be a big factor. If we win the coin toss at the start of the game, we might pick the side with the wind at our back instead of taking the ball or deferring. Could be one of those games.

There is a change now for how to dress for the game. Attractive women only are encouraged to wear either a black or yellow skimpy dress.

4%2Bwindy%2Bday.jpg
9528241.jpg

LOL, I've been there too. Just having a little fun with ya.

I agree that the wind could be a big factor. If we win the coin toss at the start of the game, we might pick the side with the wind at our back instead of taking the ball or deferring. Could be one of those games.

I had no doubt..lol

Amen. Outdoor stadiums are kinda self cleaning with the rain and snow.

Iowa City in general smelled like urine this morning, at least downtown. Well, I guess it is Friday morning. Wonder if the rain is mixing with all of last nights urine pissed around downtown and in the alleys. Yuck!

Iowa City in general smelled like urine this morning, at least downtown. Well, I guess it is Friday morning. Wonder if the rain is mixing with all of last nights urine pissed around downtown and in the alleys. Yuck!
North wind, it was probably General Mills funk working it's way down from CR.

With the size of the north endzone and the west stadium, I think the wind will be negligible at ground level. Now if it was coming out of the south, that would be a different story. I still think our two TE’s give us a unique mismatch that other teams scout team cant duplicate in practices. I fine with our run game as it is, we still have these backs for two more years and there is no need to put unnecessary miles on them. They will be especially important during their senior years when we transition from Stanley to Mansell/Petras starting.

I'm smoking some ribs and mac'n'cheese tomorrow while I tailgate, I hope the wind doesn't affect it!

With the wind as a factor, I am concerned that Stanley will have to go back to rifling passes. He has had a nice touch the past two games and players have been able to hang on.

Potato/Potahto.

Either way Cedar Rapids smells like somebody tried to boil out-of-date chicken in the Wrigley Field urinal trough.

What was it they called Cedar Rapids? "The city of five smells." I can still remember going to Cedar Rapids as a little kid in the late 60',s back when Penick & Ford had the Sorghum plant going full swing. Now that stank, big time. I would liken it to cotton candy vomit, fermenting on hot pavement. The stuff create a brown film that would stick to windows, and tiny moths would congregate by the thousands to feast on the stuff and lay eggs.

Even after all these years, just the thought of it make a fellow want to hurl.

Not super worried. The run game was fine against the Hoosiers, we just happened to hit a lot of big plays off of the pass. It also seems like Brian's playing with tendencies again by passing on 1st down more, which I love. If the wind is that bad, I still think we'll have enough of a ground attack that will keep them honest until we get it at our backs.

Looking back at the stats, I was a little surprised to see that we had 159 rushing yards on 32 attempts (5 yard average).

That being said, I expect Maryland's defense to be much better. Maryland is 29th Nationally against the run, 17th in total defense...but they drop to 42nd in pts/game given up. Indiana is 86th, 92nd and 79th respectively. Iowa is 4th and 7th and 13th)

I was also a bit surprised to see Maryland at #107 in total offense (though they're #55 in scoring...right behind Iowa at #54)

Here's a link for you stat hounds.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics

Last edited: