Will We Have Football in the Fall?

Will we have a football season this fall?

• Season Cancelled

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Games played with no fans

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Games played with some fans

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Games played as normal

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it's a drag race or one of those cigarette boat races my attention to circular track races diminishes rapidly. Miles and miles of left turns are boring to me, even with the occasional wreck. I can see the fascination of those attending in person but my interest doesn't extend to tv viewing of NASCAR.

I can watch documentaries or series about racing or Formula one like Drive to Survive on Netflix, the biopic on Ayrton Senna, or A Life Of Speed about Fangio. But when I turn on the television and a big race like the Monaco GP is on I can only watch for about ten minutes before getting tired and nearly falling asleep.

Also, I have a friend who told me that he personally thinks we will have to just bite the bullet for all sports until the fall of 2021.
Your friend is likely onto the truth.
Read about the 4 guys who died attending Hawk b-ball recruit Tony Perkins playoff game in Indy-one of whom in his 40’s.

it’s all fun and games until it’s you going on the vent.

I've gone back and forth on this for the last few weeks.

At the end of the day, from what the data tells us (especially some of the serology tests), this thing was much more prevalent within the population, which means the mortality rate was a lot lower than we first thought.

If you are under 60 and don't have a comorbidity condition, this virus is about as lethal as a bad year of the flu (think 2018).

If you are between 60 and 75, it's pretty rough, especially if you couple it with a pre-existing.

If you're over 75, it's damn near a death sentence.

So based on that, it stands to reason that we should be able to come up with a plan that lets younger, healthy individuals participate in normal activities after, say, July 1st. Older folks and those with pre-existing should continue to practice social distancing, stay away from crowded places, wear a mask, and wash their hands liberally.

California’s governor said pro sports without crowds are welcome back in June. (Don’t remember the date.)

I really believe there will be football, with some form of crowds. College and pro.

I'm not a racing fan per se, but probably would classify as a driving enthusiast.

I haven't actually raced, but I have driven sports cars on tracks a few times, and would do it a lot more but it's a time consuming and expensive hobby - good racing tires are ridiculously expensive and don't last.

I think most people would be surprised at how violent it is in the cockpit. You can't really appreciate it watching it from outside the car, but the repeated hard braking and acceleration is much more physically demanding than most would think. I've taken some friends out on back roads and "bent" a few laws in the process. I think it's fair to say that most of them were fairly rattled by the time we were done.

I'm interested to see how this unfolds. You have different sized towns spread around the country that are home to conference campuses. Will they all be on the same page?

Interesting approach how sports are moving forward. Iowa Soccer with the help of a model from the U of I announced last week that they are using a 4 phase approach to return to competition with the 2nd phase (small group training sessions) resuming the beginning of July with no clear date as to when to move into full team training sessions and competition. Yet high school baseball's given the green light to start up June 1st. On one hand I'm glad things are up and running, but on the other hand I'm wondering if it might be too soon. Either way I find it fascinating how different organizations are deciding to move forward to get things up and running again.

I'm interested to see how this unfolds. You have different sized towns spread around the country that are home to conference campuses. Will they all be on the same page?
My employer is looking at reopening offices all over the place. One of them is in a county in WI that has 1 case. In Minneapolis offices would be fined $25,000 if they reopened right now. It will greatly vary from place to place.

Hopefully with accurate data we, and college campuses, can make the most educated decision possible.

My employer is looking at reopening offices all over the place. One of them is in a county in WI that has 1 case. In Minneapolis offices would be fined $25,000 if they reopened right now. It will greatly vary from place to place.

Hopefully with accurate data we, and college campuses, can make the most educated decision possible.

What do you do? My office never closed. I have had a ton of calls where people have kids screaming in the background. I'm doing a deal opposite folks in NYC. My guess is everyone there who has a little spawn and decided to stay in the City because they're too cool to move to the suburbs is going to be rethinking that really soon, if they haven't already. The Germ may save America's suburbs. Funny how stuff like that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts