Will We Have Football in the Fall?

Will we have a football season this fall?

• Season Cancelled

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Games played with no fans

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Games played with some fans

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Games played as normal

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonezero chance of unrelated/unforeseen catastrophe hitting our society before the B10 season is wrapped up.

It goes well beyond that.
Every little gas station on the way to the game. The college town itself. Every vendor.
Don't for a second think college football doesn't have a part of the economy.
I find the whole thing rather fascinating.
Everyone sitting in their rooms or private talks trying to figure out what's what and how to proceed. I'm sorry, I am not trying to make fun of, but it's quite fascinating.

Oh, it's absolutely fascinating. Look at the 2023 and 2024 schedules. Think the Iowa City Chamber of Commerce doesn't look at those and go, "Oh, f**k, another two-season stretch with crap-all for home games?!"

People look and see, at first glance/react with, "Well, there's Wiscy and/or Nebby...", but don't seem to realize those are two games of quick-hit from visiting fans. Few stay overnight or even hit up local restaurants/bars. Iowa City literally needs a Michigan/O$U/P$U on the home schedule every year to have the best year possible. 2023 and 2024 have literally nothing that will send tons of overnight and/or long-weekend visitors. Unless one thinks Maryland and Rutgers will have folks filling the streets.

Oh, it's absolutely fascinating. Look at the 2023 and 2024 schedules. Think the Iowa City Chamber of Commerce doesn't look at those and go, "Oh, f**k, another two-season stretch with crap-all for home games?!"

People look and see, at first glance/react with, "Well, there's Wiscy and/or Nebby...", but don't seem to realize those are two games of quick-hit from visiting fans. Few stay overnight or even hit up local restaurants/bars. Iowa City literally needs a Michigan/O$U/P$U on the home schedule every year to have the best year possible. 2023 and 2024 have literally nothing that will send tons of overnight and/or long-weekend visitors. Unless one thinks Maryland and Rutgers will have folks filling the streets.
I didn't even think about it that way. I was thinking college football as a whole.
The one thing is, football in the fall can be so much nicer than football in November but you are right, non conference game tickets are a lot and I mean a lot easier to come by.

No, just like sex, where a condom, which is a mask in this environment.
Kinda reminds me of a meme I saw that said "driving un a car by yourself while wearing a mask is like laying in bed by yourself wearing a condom".

Disclaimer: that meme in no way reflects my opinion on make wearing. Just something I thought was a little funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts