Will anyone be providing match updates tomorrow?

That is what a few people on Hamilton's live chat are saying, the Hawks need to go 6/6 in the championship side this morning.

It will be tough to go 6/6 but not impossible. I could see Iowa going 2-4 as well (McDonough and Ramos only winners) and if that happens then turn out the lights as it is over.

McDonough and Ramos should move on to the semis.
Marion will have his hands full with Novachkov but can beat him
St.John has a huge match with Alton of PSU and has beaten him this year
Lofthouse is 1-2 against Storley this year but should be 3-0.
Telford has the defending national champ in Rey, but he hasn't looked anything like the DNC in his first two matches and I think Bobby can give him a run for his money.

So like I said, 6 for 6 will be tough but not impossible and I do think Iowa needs to win all 6 to have any shot at the title.

It will be tough to go 6/6 but not impossible. I could see Iowa going 2-4 as well (McDonough and Ramos only winners) and if that happens then turn out the lights as it is over.

McDonough and Ramos should move on to the semis.
Marion will have his hands full with Novachkov but can beat him
St.John has a huge match with Alton of PSU and has beaten him this year
Lofthouse is 1-2 against Storley this year but should be 3-0.
Telford has the defending national champ in Rey, but he hasn't looked anything like the DNC in his first two matches and I think Bobby can give him a run for his money.

So like I said, 6 for 6 will be tough but not impossible and I do think Iowa needs to win all 6 to have any shot at the title.

Telford should have a good shot at Rey. He always keeps the matches close. The HW really opened up when Gelogaev was hurt. He was going to win the NC IMO before the injury.

Bonus points are soooo easy to get: from behind a keyboard. This is getting annoying. You guys ***** and moan like the Hawks could win every match by 8 or 15 but they are not doing it for some reason other than The fact that this is the national tournament and every match is a dog fight. These whiney ,complaining ,self-pitying "fans" are so pathetic. What do you get out of coming on here degrading the Hawks and selling them short? How is that productive? There are 8 guys alive, 6 fighting for the finals and THANKFULLY those 8 guys don't waste any of their time doubting this team.

You seem kinda butt hurt over something...

What makes you an expert on the sport? Let me guess..you wrestled in highschool and won a few matches, maybe tried to wrestle in college but couldn't cut it because you didn't have the nuts for it.

What really gets me is the fact that nobody doubted this wrestling team. People simply said not getting bonus points was going to keep them from winning the thing. If you can't realize that or admit that then you don't know **** about the sport. So in the future STFU and stop acting like a 5 year old little *****.

So again with ur ******* comments can u tell me if u have ever wrestled??
Your on a mini vacation in St Louis, trying to have a good time, (im assuming) and your concerned with the credentials of a message board poster. I suggest you back away from the computer and enjoy the rest of your stay in Mizzou.

I never wrestled so do I dare comment on this board?

I thought Iowa wrestled pretty damn good in the semi's. Ramos lost a tough one. Marion has turned his wrestling up a notch this weekend. ( should have been like this all year) Very exciting match that he won. I also thought maple was stalling at the end but they seem reluctant to call it. If DSJ can beat Dake, that will be amazing. DSJ has had a great comeback from his injury and the future looks bright. I would love for Matt McD to take it to Megadouche. Anything better than to finish the weekend off by beating a PSU wrestler? IMO Iowa has had a very good finals. Obviously getting more bonus points would help but so would qualifying another wrestler. That is not a shot at the team. just obvious we need to get better at 149 and 197. Can anyone seriously be mad about possibly getting 2nd this year? This was the teams worst season in what, 3 years? Speaks volumes on what kind of kids they are if they can place 2nd and by some miracle maybe 1st.

I thought Iowa wrestled pretty damn good in the semi's. Ramos lost a tough one. Marion has turned his wrestling up a notch this weekend. ( should have been like this all year) Very exciting match that he won. I also thought maple was stalling at the end but they seem reluctant to call it. If DSJ can beat Dake, that will be amazing. DSJ has had a great comeback from his injury and the future looks bright. I would love for Matt McD to take it to Megadouche. Anything better than to finish the weekend off by beating a PSU wrestler? IMO Iowa has had a very good finals. Obviously getting more bonus points would help but so would qualifying another wrestler. That is not a shot at the team. just obvious we need to get better at 149 and 197. Can anyone seriously be mad about possibly getting 2nd this year? This was the teams worst season in what, 3 years? Speaks volumes on what kind of kids they are if they can place 2nd and by some miracle maybe 1st.

Very good analysis. Please post more often as it is refreshing to have someone post who is more honest and realistic in regard to the Hawks team.
I also thought the Hawks had a very good qtrs/semis yesterday and look forward to today's consolation/finals action.
I think some casual fans forget that with the loss of Carew and Byers the Hawks had major holes to fill at 149 and 197 before the season even started. (knee injury and administrative issues)
The serious concussion that GG had set him back for most of the year and DSJ also had a significant set back in regard to his knee injury.
This team wrestled a good part of the season with 4 Freshman and two sophomores in its line up so I actually am very excited about the potential of next years team.
What I really appreciate is that not once did Coach Brands make any type of excuse for the adversity his team encountered this year.

I'm happy for all the Hawks who are still wrestling today but am still amazed that DSJ has been able to perform at such a high level considering his knee injury. That kid is one mentally/physically tough hombre.
Was also pleasantly surprised to see Telford wrestle as tough as he did in the consolations last night. (Pin in his last match) I honestly thought Telford would struggle at the Tourney and am glad he has proven me wrong.

Would love to see the Hawks have a good consolation/final round today and finish out the tourney on a high note.

GO HAWKS!

Very good analysis. Please post more often as it is refreshing to have someone post who is more honest and realistic in regard to the Hawks team.
I also thought the Hawks had a very good qtrs/semis yesterday and look forward to today's consolation/finals action.
I think some casual fans forget that with the loss of Carew and Byers the Hawks had major holes to fill at 149 and 197 before the season even started. (knee injury and administrative issues)
The serious concussion that GG had set him back for most of the year and DSJ also had a significant set back in regard to his knee injury.
This team wrestled a good part of the season with 4 Freshman and two sophomores in its line up so I actually am very excited about the potential of next years team.
What I really appreciate is that not once did Coach Brands make any type of excuse for the adversity his team encountered this year.

I'm happy for all the Hawks who are still wrestling today but am still amazed that DSJ has been able to perform at such a high level considering his knee injury. That kid is one mentally/physically tough hombre.
Was also pleasantly surprised to see Telford wrestle as tough as he did in the consolations last night. (Pin in his last match) I honestly thought Telford would struggle at the Tourney and am glad he has proven me wrong.

Would love to see the Hawks have a good consolation/final round today and finish out the tourney on a high note.

GO HAWKS!

I'll give you losing Byers. But Carew I still ? I understand injuries have slowed him up. But you are talking about someone who really hasnt competed at the varsity level just my 2 cents

Great post and I love that a person who never wrestled follows the sport. I will say that I cringe every time I see the "Megadouche" moniker though. This young man hasn't done anything to earn the ridiculous nickname other than winning for PSU. I think it makes Hawk fans look petty and jealous.

I would love to say that the Hawks should be proud of their tournament this year, but I know it will fall on deaf ears. Penn State is just a cut above us right now and it's not going to change anytime soon. Now throw in the fact that Minnesota has the most complete team out there, Illinois and Perry, Ohio State and Wisconsin with studs coming next year, Iowa will be pushed every year. I think it's great for the sport and hopefully we can get someone out west and in the south to really grow this thing.

Let's enjoy tonight, hope for 3 champions and 3 3rd places, and look forward to the USA trials.

He doesn't deserve the moniker but no one liked Metcalf and he did nothing but win. Same with pretty much any Iowa wrestler. If you want to be dominate, be prepared for any names/undeserved negative attention you get. I'm sure he is a good kid but I highly doubt he reads this message board so his feelings should be ok

No just trying to prove a point with so called hawk fans
I have been a hawk fan since I was born. Dont ever question my loyalty. I posted about how i felt the hawks left bonus points out there that they should have got. Not sure what point it is you are trying to prove. Whats your deal with me anyway?

calm down everybody.

that said, didn't Ramos just win? trying to get updates around here is near impossible!

Latest posts