Will anyone be providing match updates tomorrow?

Well there is no doughting what we have to do tonight. Everyone has to win and MD's are a must. Hopefully GG will be motivated and make another run through the back side of the bracket over the next couple of days

The Hawks have already lost. Penn State knows how to get bonus points. Pathetic effort by several guys in the lineup. Matt Mcd is the only guy wrestling like a champion.

I agree it's sad that we fallen from the top but you can't expect to dominate a sport like we did for 20 plus years. There's more parity now which is good for the sport.

It could be worse, look where Iowa State is and they used to dominate like Iowa did before Gable was the coach.

Penn St is definitely in the drivers seat but the tourney is far from over.
Hopefully they get beat at 125 and 197 this evening.
125: Megs wrestles #7 Patterson (Okie)
197: McIntosh wrestles #1 Simaz (Cornell)
Would love to see #10 Jones upset Alton at 157.

Hopefully GG will wrestle back tough in the Consolation bracket as we definitely need the extra team pts.

Believe UNI advanced 3 wrestlers. (Colon, Bonin, and Loder)

Should be able to have updates tonight...cell phone sucks in Scott trade too so couldn't even have twitter.

Good session it's far from over

This thing is a long ways from being over. Some people need to relax, it was the 1st session and there is a lot of wrestling left. Here are the standings after session I with the number of guys left on the championship side and consolation side:

Penn State 25.5 (8,1)
Minnesota 25 (8,1)
Oklahoma St 17.5 (6,3)
Iowa 17 (7,1)
Cornell 17 (7,2)

The Hawks have already lost. Penn State knows how to get bonus points. Pathetic effort by several guys in the lineup. Matt Mcd is the only guy wrestling like a champion.

Yeah! How dare they not live up to your standards!? It's over! We only have 7 guys alive, we probably will only have 7 in the quarters too, this is a nightmare. I wonder why Iowa's guys don't "know how to get bonus points"; they should learn though. It is sooo easy to get bonus points at nationals, it has nothing to do with the luck of the draw AND I bet the Hawkeyes could have got bonus points and falls this last round they just didn't want to.

Yeah! How dare they not live up to your standards!? It's over! We only have 7 guys alive, we probably will only have 7 in the quarters too, this is a nightmare. I wonder why Iowa's guys don't "know how to get bonus points"; they should learn though. It is sooo easy to get bonus points at nationals, it has nothing to do with the luck of the draw AND I bet the Hawkeyes could have got bonus points and falls this last round they just didn't want to.

Good post Olives.

I agree.

Here is how many I think make the quarters from the top 5 teams:
Iowa 7 (yes I think we go 7-0 tonight)
Penn St 6
Okla St 6
Minnesota 6
Cornell 3

Now the others will have 2 or 3 on the backside that will score points where Iowa only has 1 (GG) but if the Hawks just keep winning everything will take care of itself.

Ok well if you guys are ok with only McD getting bonus in the first round then so be it. Im not. If your going to win against Penn State then you have to score bonus points. To many 5-7 point regular decisions. This is Iowa wrestling, not ISU or any other program thats ok with being mediocre. Im not seeing the "Iowa style" wrestling taking place on the mat.(other than McD) Its not over, certainly but points were left out there that the hawks should have got. But hey, well, ya know, its just my opinion man.

there are plenty of points to get on the backside. gg just needs to stay alive. evans should be able to put some big points on the board.

Latest posts