Wieskamp - Larry Bird

Business in the front, party in the back! :)

A7yGtcnCQAE_AzB.jpg

Sometimes there's a man... well, he's the man for his time and place.

This thread has me watching a bunch of old Youtube vids on Bird. Some good stuff.

Sometimes there's a man... well, he's the man for his time and place.

This thread has me watching a bunch of old Youtube vids on Bird. Some good stuff.
NBA TV had an hour long show awhile back on like his top 50 moments. And they left things off I'm sure... Unreal career. Hope the youngsters learn about him as much as they do Jordan and the other greats of the game

NBA TV had an hour long show awhile back on like his top 50 moments. And they left things off I'm sure... Unreal career. Hope the youngsters learn about him as much as they do Jordan and the other greats of the game
To this day, I've always said, if I was a college or HS basketball coach, I would require players to watch some film of the players from that era, especially the post play. Players such as Kevin McHale and Hakeem Olajuwon were textbook examples of footwork and pump fakes.

The thing about Bird is that the skills that made him great you can't teach. He just had that innate mix of a fierce competitive nature, steel resolve and court vision, a mix that you either have or you don't. At his peak, he was famous for telling opposing players what he was going to do, then, after they adjusted their defense, do it anyways. He also once congratulated Craig Hodges for getting second in the 3-point contest....before beating him.

To this day, I've always said, if I was a college or HS basketball coach, I would require players to watch some film of the players from that era, especially the post play. Players such as Kevin McHale and Hakeem Olajuwon were textbook examples of footwork and pump fakes.

The thing about Bird is that the skills that made him great you can't teach. He just had that innate mix of a fierce competitive nature, steel resolve and court vision, a mix that you either have or you don't. At his peak, he was famous for telling opposing players what he was going to do, then, after they adjusted their defense, do it anyways. He also once congratulated Craig Hodges for getting second in the 3-point contest....before beating him.
Totally agree the 80s 90s had some damn good players. There's a reason the HOF is littered with em and it wasn't for just stuffing the stat sheets like much of todays era players will be.

If there was something Bird did better than playing the game it was talking about it... He was a HOF trash talker. During that show I referenced it had McHale and him sitting together talking about their good ole days. What I wouldn't give to catch them two together in an airport bar with 2 hours to kill....

Woody from Cheers didn't like Larry Bird! :)

Wasn't the first name that came to mind but your not wrong. Tiffanie Amber Thiessen is probably my top one. It's between her, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Halle Berry.

You ever see the movie Heartbreakers with Jennifer Love Hewitt? Unreal.

Last edited:
Call me weird if you want, but there was not a hotter woman in a 90s movie than Rosie Perez in White Men Can't Jump.
Agreed. When I think if her I think of this clip (among other things) from Letterman when she was trying to say Isuzu Trooper.

I don’t see the Larry Bird comparison for Wieskamp. They can both shoot and have game poise. Joe is not a trash talker.

For size, shooting, off the dribble game, and demeanor, I see Klay Thompson as a future model for Wieskamp.