Who's the starting five next year?

I was wondering if I was the only one who thought this way. I don't like Marble at the point. I know we had a good run, and the team played well. I think it was due to the fact that we actually shot well. I think Foval is right, when Marble is at the point, we rely too much on him.

I think if Marble just stays at the SF/SG, but you let him run the offense from the top from time to time. I don't think it matters much if Gesell runs the PG, and bring the ball up the court.

I like Marble at the point when it helps him score. I like Gesell at the point when RDM at the point gets in the way of him scoring. If IA can adjust with this, it makes them harder to guard.

Like this year, 4 sure starters for 2013-2014 are Woody, White, Marble, and Gesell. Mel may start the year as the 5th starter, but think we need another scorer/shooter in there and JU seems the most likely candidate because of his experience and a year practicing with the team here. Plus it allows White back at the 4.

Gesell, Woodbury, Marble and White will start. Meyer and Ingram (RS?) aren't likely to play...next year. The other 7 will be in the rotation somewhere.

Well I have said it before and baylor proved it marble isn't a point guard not quite good enough handles, gessell marble white basabe Woodbury not to tough here. P.s who is the clown saying Woodbury won't be a first rounder open the betting window or ssshhhhhh!!!!

I watched the nit that is why I know what I wrote is true. Look at how well the offense looked against baylor. I think marble played a respectable pg last yr but their is no question in my mind that bryce cartwright was a better offensive pg than marble and that is why when he got back healthy marble moved to the wing. When gesell is 100% he is a much better pg than marble. It is good we have a sg/sf with the ability to play pg because it makes it easier against pressure defense to get up the court and run your offense. But marble is not a pg.

Before gesell got hurt basabe was playing the best ball of his career. After gesell got hurt basabe got less and less floor time and looked less solid on the offensive end. Gesell was get basabe very involve in the offense and is our best entry passer to the post.

Bryce was a better offensive point than all three of the guys Iowa has now for running the fast break, much better in fact but the reason Iowa is so improved this year is we don't have his horrible defense.

I like Marble at the point when it helps him score. I like Gesell at the point when RDM at the point gets in the way of him scoring. If IA can adjust with this, it makes them harder to guard.

Like this year, 4 sure starters for 2013-2014 are Woody, White, Marble, and Gesell. Mel may start the year as the 5th starter, but think we need another scorer/shooter in there and JU seems the most likely candidate because of his experience and a year practicing with the team here. Plus it allows White back at the 4.

This is the best answer IMO. They both switch off depending on the situation. Neither one of them are pure point guards.

I watched the nit that is why I know what I wrote is true. Look at how well the offense looked against baylor. I think marble played a respectable pg last yr but their is no question in my mind that bryce cartwright was a better offensive pg than marble and that is why when he got back healthy marble moved to the wing. When gesell is 100% he is a much better pg than marble. It is good we have a sg/sf with the ability to play pg because it makes it easier against pressure defense to get up the court and run your offense. But marble is not a pg.

Before gesell got hurt basabe was playing the best ball of his career. After gesell got hurt basabe got less and less floor time and looked less solid on the offensive end. Gesell was get basabe very involve in the offense and is our best entry passer to the post.

So you're just ignoring the Maryland and Virginia games where the offense looked better than it had all year. Got it. If it doesn't fit you're narrative, just completely ignore those games.

And when Marble played point, McCabe and Woodbury had some of their best offensive games of the year. How do you explain that?

So you're just ignoring the Maryland and Virginia games where the offense looked better than it had all year. Got it. If it doesn't fit you're narrative, just completely ignore those games.

And when Marble played point, McCabe and Woodbury had some of their best offensive games of the year. How do you explain that?

Im not disagreeing or agreeing but I don't think Woodbury and McCabe playing well had anything to do with Marble, especially not Woodbury.

Im not disagreeing or agreeing but I don't think Woodbury and McCabe playing well had anything to do with Marble, especially not Woodbury.

I'm not sure it did either, but if he's giving Gesell credit for Basabe playing better, than it's only fair to give Marble credit for McCabe and Woody's improved play.

I'm not sure it did either, but if he's giving Gesell credit for Basabe playing better, than it's only fair to give Marble credit for McCabe and Woody's improved play.

The difference is that woody and mccabe started knocking down shots they were getting all yr and just hadn't knocked down with regularity. Basabe was given more opportunities when gesell was playing and not hurt.

The ball moves much better when marble is at the wing and the players seems to move more. Players knocking down shots they had been getting all yr but hadn't knocked down is more indicative of having a good shooting night. Not that the offense was more effective.

I am not ignoring any games...I just understand the game.

The difference is that woody and mccabe started knocking down shots they were getting all yr and just hadn't knocked down with regularity. Basabe was given more opportunities when gesell was playing and not hurt.

The ball moves much better when marble is at the wing and the players seems to move more. Players knocking down shots they had been getting all yr but hadn't knocked down is more indicative of having a good shooting night. Not that the offense was more effective.

I am not ignoring any games...I just understand the game.

Basabe's stats for the last 6 games before Gesell was hurt: 23.3 Mpg, 7.66 ppg, 5.5 rpg
Basabe's stats for the first 6 games after Gesell was hurt: 21.5 Mpg, 7.33 ppg, 7.8 rpg

Don't think you have any actual data to back up what you think you understand.

Latest posts