who is the most overrated star in the nba?

Wait. Is this thread no longer about if LeBron is overrated and is now a question of if he's GOAT worthy?
Def not overrated. Still has a ways to go if he's going to be on the Jordan level.

you said he wasn't even in the discussion for GOAT. That's pretty silly. Even if you take the stance he needs a ring, which I personally find dumb, he's 27, you'd have to be a fool to think he's not getting at least one.

The thing about the Lebron/MJ/Magic, etc. comparison with the titles is the teammates. Look at what Lebron had in Cleveland. Nothing. To think that they were even close to a title is amazing. Last year is the only year he had a shot at the title and didn't win it. Obviously, time will tell if he wins some or not. Unfortunately for him, he's got an aging Wade and not a up and coming HOF like MJ did or the all-time leading scorer like Magic. Sometimes greatness is in part, a product of circumstance. Another question, was MJ a choker his first 6 years in the league? Why didn't he win titles those years?

BTW, Bill Russell must be the GOAT, because he has the most rings. ;)

Lebron James is worth 42 wins by himself. That's the win difference between his last year in Cleveland (61) and his first year gone (19). With nearly the same roster they won 42 fewer games.

I can't think of a single player in the history of the NBA that is worth 42 games.

there is a really easy way for westbrook to get assists...pass to durant. durant takes less shots than westbrook and scores more. westbrook and durant are like lebron and wade their games dont mesh well. i like how the thunder play but the way they are put together they would be better if they had a rubio type (pass 1st) at pg and moved westbrook to the 2 spot. westbrook was a 2 in college moving him to point was a last minute thing because they didnt have a point guard. he does good enough there but he turns the ball over way too much. a pg that goes 10 pts and 10 assists just accounted for 30 pts...so dont undervalue the assist.

There's a lot of dumb posts in this thread, but this is some of the stupidest **** I've read. Westbrook doesn't get a ton of assists, big ******* deal. The Thunder's top 3 guys are all great at scoring with the ball in their hands. Why would you want a pg to take the ball out of Durant's, Harden's or Westrbook's hands? Just so it fits better with what you think a pg should do? You can take Jose Calerdon and his 10 ppg 9 apg and low turnovers and I'll take Westbrook and his ability to completely take over games.

The thing about the Lebron/MJ/Magic, etc. comparison with the titles is the teammates. Look at what Lebron had in Cleveland. Nothing. To think that they were even close to a title is amazing. Last year is the only year he had a shot at the title and didn't win it. Obviously, time will tell if he wins some or not. Unfortunately for him, he's got an aging Wade and not a up and coming HOF like MJ did or the all-time leading scorer like Magic. Sometimes greatness is in part, a product of circumstance. Another question, was MJ a choker his first 6 years in the league? Why didn't he win titles those years?

BTW, Bill Russell must be the GOAT, because he has the most rings. ;)

There's a difference between being held from the opportunity because you lack a supporting cast, and failing when given the opportunity. LeBron has had chances to step up and post Jordan-esque performances when it counted. And he's failed more often than not in those spots. That's the difference.

There's a lot of dumb posts in this thread, but this is some of the stupidest **** I've read. Westbrook doesn't get a ton of assists, big ******* deal. The Thunder's top 3 guys are all great at scoring with the ball in their hands. Why would you want a pg to take the ball out of Durant's, Harden's or Westrbook's hands? Just so it fits better with what you think a pg should do? You can take Jose Calerdon and his 10 ppg 9 apg and low turnovers and I'll take Westbrook and his ability to completely take over games.

Just to make sure here, but you do understand he said give the Thunder a pass-first PG and move Westbrook to the 2, correct? Their top three scorers would still be on the floor.

Just to make sure here, but you do understand he said give the Thunder a pass-first PG and move Westbrook to the 2, correct? Their top three scorers would still be on the floor.

Yes and without the ball in their hands and being forced to play a small ball lineup to get their best players on the floor. What's the benefit of this?

:(
Wait. Is this thread no longer about if LeBron is overrated and is now a question of if he's GOAT worthy?
Def not overrated. Still has a ways to go if he's going to be on the Jordan level.

He still has a long ways to go to even get in the same conversation as MJ.

Yes and without the ball in their hands and being forced to play a small ball lineup to get their best players on the floor. What's the benefit of this?
Plus, they need Ibaka (league's leading shot blocker) and Perkins (or Nic Collison:)) both playing defense against some of these teams (Lakers with 2 big guys). Or, they need Sefalosha playing against Kobe. It will be interesting how they matchup against the Spurs with Barbosa or Bonner playing the 4.

Carrying a team does not make someone the best player. Allen Iverson did it and he isn't in the discussion for best either.

Until Lebron proves himself to be clutch and not scared in the last few minutes of important games, the criticism will rightfully continue. He very well could grow into the discussion, but not yet.

This. Putting a pass first PG on that roster would be a waste of roster space/cap space. Totally unnecessary.

Carrying a team does not make someone the best player. Allen Iverson did it and he isn't in the discussion for best either. Until Lebron proves himself to be clutch and not scared in the last few minutes of important games, the criticism will rightfully continue. He very well could grow into the discussion, but not yet.

was magic scared when he fished to a wide open Scott at the end of games? was mj scared when he hit kerr?

the idea that hes scared is for lazy people who don't think for themselevs. lebron is a complete basketball player, not just a scorer. he should be judged by his decision making at the end of games, not by whether or not he puts up a shot. only a fool would think drawing three defenders on penetration and kicking to a wide open teamate is "playing scared". forcing a bad shot in traffic is bad basketball, and perfectly exemplifies the selfish "me first" attitude so many people on here claim to hate about the NBA.

was magic scared when he fished to a wide open Scott at the end of games? was mj scared when he hit kerr?

the idea that hes scared is for lazy people who don't think for themselevs. lebron is a complete basketball player, not just a scorer. he should be judged by his decision making at the end of games, not by whether or not he puts up a shot. only a fool would think drawing three defenders on penetration and kicking to a wide open teamate is "playing scared". forcing a bad shot in traffic is bad basketball, and perfectly exemplifies the selfish "me first" attitude so many people on here claim to hate about the NBA.

People love hero-ball. Kobe's clutch for trying 20 foot fade away turn arounds with a guy right in his face, rather than giving the ball to Bynum who wasn't even being doubled all night. Kobe's playing to win, he wants the ball!

Most casual NBA fans, on this board and in real life, are just sheep. They follow what the media tells them, if the narrative is LeBron isn't clutch, well that's how they will think.

People love hero-ball. Kobe's clutch for trying 20 foot fade away turn arounds with a guy right in his face, rather than giving the ball to Bynum who wasn't even being doubled all night. Kobe's playing to win, he wants the ball!

Most casual NBA fans, on this board and in real life, are just sheep. They follow what the media tells them, if the narrative is LeBron isn't clutch, well that's how they will think.

END.

THREAD.

You would have a point if that is what he did. Half the time he is standing in the corner as the "decoy." You wantt o argue that he is a great player? Fine. He is definitely top 20. You want to pretend he is clutch? That is a joke. Until that changes he isn't even in the discussion for best ever.

Jordan and Magic would pass if needed, but you would never see them standing in the corner damn near out of bounds with 10 seconds left.

I get what you are saying, but whatever LeBron is doing at the end of the game isnt working. Whether it is shooting himself, dishing to teammates or shooting free throws, for the most part it doesnt end well for LeBron or his team. I can think of 2 instances where LeBron won the game for his team in the playoffs. The Eastern Conference Finals game against the Pistons where nobody could stop him and he scored like 23 straight points and the buzzer beater he hit in the Eastern Conference Finals in 2009 against the Magic.

Granted he and Pierce had a very good battle in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals back in 2008 but it was in a losing effort.

While it seems that LeBron often makes the right decision at the end of games in regards to dishing to teammates or shooting, he is going to take the rap for the result because of how big of a star he is...fair or not.

LeBron's the best player in the game and people who say otherwise kind of make me want the Heat to win the championship (ok, not really)

Griffin is 23 and a second year post player (usually post players take longer to develop). I can't call him overrated because he's still developing and is good.

There's also some agenda against Kobe for some reason, don't really know why.

My pick is probably 'Melo or D12.

Did the media make up the fact that he disappeared in the 4th quarter last year against the Mavs?

Latest posts