who is the most overrated star in the nba?

Dominating a must win, on the road, against a team that has the best depth in the league.

Win the narrative, win the fight.

No doubt he's playing great...but this is the type of game at this point of the playoffs where he usually does. Can he do it next round or in the most important round? He hasnt shown that yet

i dont even like the mj/lebron comparisons because of what each showed throughout their careers they are very far from similar. i think the magic/lebron comparison is closer but magic still won titles. mj was average size for his position while lebron would be a large te in the nfl. mj worked to become a complete player he had a weak outside game when he got to the league and became a solid 3pt shooter, develop a dominating post game and was a solid defender...not to mention the most clutch player you can find (freethrows or otherwise). lebron has no outside shot, just started to try to develop a post game but in the playoffs has quit doing it (compared to the early season), he is solid defensively but nowhere near clutch.

maybe i misread something but i thought i had seen some stat where shaq was actually like a 75% freethrow shooter in the last 5 min of a game. where he is like a 50% freethrow shooter for his career. lebron is like the reverse of that...50% in the final minutes and 75% for his career.

the age thing isnt what matters it is yrs played. kobe started young and so did garnett and you can see that their basketball age is much farther along than their actual age. lebron will follow this. he wont have a longer career because he was in the league younger he will instead retire at a younger age because of the wear and tear.

No doubt he's playing great...but this is the type of game at this point of the playoffs where he usually does. Can he do it next round or in the most important round? He hasnt shown that yet

In 3 career conference finals appearances, he's been pretty dominant in 2. In 2 career Finals appearances, he's been hit or miss. In '07, the Spurs dominated as a team. Last year, Game 1's narrative was all about how LeBron and Wade had stepped up in the 4th quarter for a clutch win. The rest of the series had a different narrative, one that has persisted (and largely for good reason) over the past year, but like all things, the negative story gets way more air play than the positive. LeBron is much more clutch than people give him credit for.

Win the narrative, win the fight.

the age thing isnt what matters it is yrs played. kobe started young and so did garnett and you can see that their basketball age is much farther along than their actual age. lebron will follow this. he wont have a longer career because he was in the league younger he will instead retire at a younger age because of the wear and tear.

I actually think that the exact opposite is true. Garnett is much better than the average 17th year NBA player. Likewise, Kobe is much better than the average 16th year guy.

funny Foval the evidence says nothing like that. Duncan is the same age as garnet and both have remarkably similar stat lines this year. kobe put up similar numbers to Jordan at the same age.

Lebron needs to get rid of Wade, get a solid 2 guard and decent center in Miami and they will win a title or more. Wade appears to be the problem with this team. Disposing of Wade's salary could get them two decent starters at those positions.
Lebron is not overrated, he is a heck of a player, likely the best in the league, but he is no MJ. Will he be? Maybe but he better start winning some titles. And I personally do not like Lebron at all.

Having 3 of the 4 best players >>> arguing about who had better secondary players

The Heat did not have 3 of the best 4 players in that series. Tyson Chandler was much, much better than Bosh in that series. Not to mention Terry, Marion, Kidd, Barea, and Stevenson were much better than the rest of the Heat supporting cast.

funny Foval the evidence says nothing like that. Duncan is the same age as garnet and both have remarkably similar stat lines this year. kobe put up similar numbers to Jordan at the same age.

Foval has no use for actual stats. He just pretends his opinion is fact.

I instantly thought of Melo as the most overrated in the NBA. He has talent, yes, but he doesn't play defense and he is too selfish on the offensive side of the ball. There's a reason Denver was better than NY this year without him.

I instantly thought of Melo as the most overrated in the NBA. He has talent, yes, but he doesn't play defense and he is too selfish on the offensive side of the ball. There's a reason Denver was better than NY this year without him.

Im going with Melo as well.

Lebron is not overrated.
Westbrook is not overrated.

Lebron needs to get rid of Wade, get a solid 2 guard and decent center in Miami and they will win a title or more. Wade appears to be the problem with this team. Disposing of Wade's salary could get them two decent starters at those positions.Lebron is not overrated, he is a heck of a player, likely the best in the league, but he is no MJ. Will he be? Maybe but he better start winning some titles. And I personally do not like Lebron at all.

If anybody leaves Miami, it won't be LeBron, that's for sure. If they don't win a title within the next couple of years, then I could see them pursuing Howard heavily, using either Wade or Bosh as bait. This all depends on how Howard's back turns out, of course.

Lebron needs to get rid of Wade, get a solid 2 guard and decent center in Miami and they will win a title or more. Wade appears to be the problem with this team. Disposing of Wade's salary could get them two decent starters at those positions.Lebron is not overrated, he is a heck of a player, likely the best in the league, but he is no MJ. Will he be? Maybe but he better start winning some titles. And I personally do not like Lebron at all.
If anybody leaves Miami, it won't be LeBron, that's for sure. If they don't win a title within the next couple of years, then I could see them pursuing Howard heavily, using either Wade or Bosh as bait. This all depends on how Howard's back turns out, of course.

I agrer which is why I said Miami and Lebron need to get rid of Wade.

Lebron isn't the most overrated, he is the most overhyped player in NBA history. He is King of nothing and has proven he can't win with two great players on his team.

To say Kobe is the most overrated is just wrong and deep down not using your brain.

I go back and forth on this if the heat do not win a title, who do you bring in? a center or a point guard. Getting Howard means giving up Bosh or Wade. You might be able to talk Nash into taking less money therefore being able to keep the big 3. Getting Nash would free up Wade/Lebron to do what they do best getting out on the wing and run. Wade for Brooke Lopez, would that work?

Lebron isn't the most overrated, he is the most overhyped player in NBA history. He is King of nothing and has proven he can't win with two great players on his team.

To say Kobe is the most overrated is just wrong and deep down not using your brain.

Irony 101

Latest posts