who is the most overrated star in the nba?

The Heat's window to win championships with the big three is really not that big when you consider Wade's body has taken a beating and the style of play he has.

end all be all with lebron is he may make just as much in miami as he would have in cleveland. with the taxes being different in the two states i believe his take home money may be a lot closer than we realize between the two contracts.

Best individual player yes, but I think Durant has the most to offer to a team.

No you don't. Dude your hatred for him is insane.

What does Durant offer more than Bron?

Defense? No
Rebounding? No
Passing? No
Making teammates better? No
Scoring? Yes

Seriously, I'm really curious as to how you could honestly think that Durant offers more to a team than Lebron. Do you seriously not understand how important defense is in basketball?

Best individual player yes, but I think Durant has the most to offer to a team.
No you don't. Dude your hatred for him is insane.What does Durant offer more than Bron? Defense? NoRebounding? NoPassing? NoMaking teammates better? NoScoring? Yes Seriously, I'm really curious as to how you could honestly think that Durant offers more to a team than Lebron. Do you seriously not understand how important defense is in basketball?

if i am building a team i would take durant 1st. i know that lebron is the best all around player in the league...but what durant can do is what i want. put the right pieces around him and it is over. plus he seemed to defend kobe quite well.

Dwight Howard. Can't shoot beyond three feet, worse FT shooter than Wilt Chamberlain, can't handle the ball well enough to create his own shot outside the aforementioned three feet.

He's a great baller, but "SuperMan"? No.

Dwight Howard. Can't shoot beyond three feet, worse FT shooter than Wilt Chamberlain, can't handle the ball well enough to create his own shot outside the aforementioned three feet.He's a great baller, but "SuperMan"? No.

the reason i say griffin is he has the same offensive game as dwight (though dwight has worked with some nba hall of famers to help develop) but griffin doesnt rebound as well or have anywhere close to the defensive presence howard has. though i would say howard is overrated.

i think howard to the lakers would be perfect. kobe can throw up shots and howard can rebound and put back misses. dont have to run an offense through howard like bynum to get his points. lakers will try to swap the two and unload gasol for some young talent to put around kobe...if this happens i could see another ring for kobe.

the reason i say griffin is he has the same offensive game as dwight (though dwight has worked with some nba hall of famers to help develop) but griffin doesnt rebound as well or have anywhere close to the defensive presence howard has. though i would say howard is overrated.

i think howard to the lakers would be perfect. kobe can throw up shots and howard can rebound and put back misses. dont have to run an offense through howard like bynum to get his points. lakers will try to swap the two and unload gasol for some young talent to put around kobe...if this happens i could see another ring for kobe.

How is Dwight Howard overrated? He is the best center in the league by a mile.

says the guy who would take lebron over Jordan? Stupid doesn't even do that justice.

We will see in a couple weeks I guess.

As a resident of Orlando, I see him more often than most on this board (I would suspect so, anyway).

Dwight Howard is crucial to the Magic's success, or so many thought. But Big Baby showed DH isn't quite so crucial.

DH is a great player, but compared to other great centers in recent years? Shaq was better, David Robinson was better, and plenty of guys have been able to stand toe-to-toe with him.

His defensive skills are what make him indispensable to the Magic. He may open some shooting lanes, but as a big man with zero outside "threat", it forces the Magic to win from outside.

That said, the Magic's biggest problems aren't personnel-related. And SVG wasn't the problem, either. Ownership is the biggest impediment.

No you don't. Dude your hatred for him is insane.

What does Durant offer more than Bron?

Defense? No
Rebounding? No
Passing? No
Making teammates better? No
Scoring? Yes

Seriously, I'm really curious as to how you could honestly think that Durant offers more to a team than Lebron. Do you seriously not understand how important defense is in basketball?

chill out dude. If you think saying someone is the best individual player today and would be my 2nd overall pick to start a team today is insane hatred then we can't have a discussion.

Btw, I think defense and rebounding is a push, lebron is the better passer, and scoring overall is a push, although I would much rather have Durant late. I don't buy the "makes his teammates better." I am pretty sure we heard time and time again how lebron has to do it all himself. If he made his teammates better that wouldn't be the case would it?

If you and duff want to say that anyone who doesn't think lebron belongs in the "who is god" thread is a "stupid hater," it doesn't allow for much reasonable discussion.

Last edited:
Ahahahahahahahahaha taking durant over lebron. That's a whole new level of stupid.

Durant is a lot younger and that's the only reason you may do it. That said, and Durant is good, but he'll never be at the level LeBron is. Not many players are, will be, or have been though.

Jordan is 49 years old.

Yeah, but he has a hot 32 year old Puerto Rican, Brazilian something super model wife. Dude can still get after it.:D

jordan%20fiance%20crop.jpg

And that means what?

Center is the most overrated position in the league today. Dwight Howard is okay, not great, but he looks good because of who he plays against.

He would be nobody but an average center is players like Hakeem and Robinson were still playing in the the NBA.

Howard has zero post moves, can't shoot and FT's are like a disease for him. He may be good defensively, but that is about it.

An NBA team that is built around Howard will never win an NBA title, he just isn't that good.

LOL at lebron being on anyone's list. He's the most versatile and highly skilled basketball player in the history of the NBA. How can you overrate that?

I know what your saying but I would word it differently.

He has the rarest combination of size, athleticism and coordination ever but there are many players more highly offensively skilled. He dosent even have a post up game which is ridiculous for someone his size.

Howard is the best center in the league and that has a lot to do with his talent but it also has to do with the fact that the league just doesn't have many good centers. It's basically him and Bynum and a bunch of meh.

Latest posts