who is the most overrated star in the nba?

I said he's a better all around player. The things I stated i don't think are debatable. Better defender, rebounder, passer. Worse scorer, finisher. What in there do you think is up for debate?

Right, those are different things if you ask me. Going back to the QB example. I think Marino is the best passer ever, but he is far from the best QB ever.

Lebron may be the best all around player since the big "O" and possibly best ever, but he is not close to the best basketball player ever.

Defense is hard to really analyze unless you watch that player closely in every single game (or at least most of them) that the player has played. I have not done so with either Jordan or LeBron. Based upon what I know about the two though, I'm going to say it's even. They are/were both phenomenal defenders.

Jordan is a better scorer because he has a post move and for 6 years or so he was pretty good three point shooter too. He was unstoppable. LeBron has better assist number is a way more efficient scorer (though Jordan shot way more and was pretty damn efficient himself). But Jordan had so many go to moves, and he was so tough to stop, he didn't need to rely on others as much.

On the flip side, the fact that LeBron has been able to utilize some pretty poor teammates and turn teams with those teammates in to some really good teams, shows how great he is.

LeBron has a lot to improve, in my eyes, if he wants to catch MJ. If his shot improves a little and he does develop that post game he might have him beat, though since I don't see him catching him in titles, in the eyes of the media/casual fans/ and even hardcore fans, he won't beat him. Plus, LeBron has a demeanor people don't like so I don't know if he'll ever be considered close to MJ no matter what he accomplishes.

so you are admitting your position is untenable?

btw the best player in the NBA right now at getting and making a shot down one in end game situations is melo, should we talk about him being the greatest ever?

Even better than Durant???

I rarely watch the NBA anymore but the three names that popped into my head right away and two are on the same team:

Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire. I would also include Dwight Howard on the same level with them. I think they all lack a complete game.

The people that say Lebron is overrated are insane. While I have a major dislike of the guy I think hands down he is the best in the world right now.

I rarely watch the NBA anymore but the three names that popped into my head right away and two are on the same team:

Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire. I would also include Dwight Howard on the same level with them. I think they all lack a complete game.

The people that say Lebron is overrated are insane. While I have a major dislike of the guy I think hands down he is the best in the world right now.

i've not watched a lot of kevin durant prior to this series with the lakers - but that guy is a guy i'd have to highly consider if i was starting a team and had my choice of picks. 7' tall, can handle the ball just as well as anyone, has an inside/outside game, is clutch and is still very young.....

I agrer which is why I said Miami and Lebron need to get rid of Wade.

There's a difference between being held from the opportunity because you lack a supporting cast, and failing when given the opportunity. LeBron has had chances to step up and post Jordan-esque performances when it counted. And he's failed more often than not in those spots. That's the difference.

Umm.. you're ******* with us all, right? LeBron has had one season, ONE, with a supporting cast. He had NOTHING to work with in Cleveland. So basically Jordan gets a pass for not winning titles those years when he didn't have a supporting cast, but LeBron DID have a supporting cast in Cleveland? :confused:

People love hero-ball. Kobe's clutch for trying 20 foot fade away turn arounds with a guy right in his face, rather than giving the ball to Bynum who wasn't even being doubled all night. Kobe's playing to win, he wants the ball!

Most casual NBA fans, on this board and in real life, are just sheep. They follow what the media tells them, if the narrative is LeBron isn't clutch, well that's how they will think.

Kobe Bryant's 4th quarter field goal % is lower than the NBA average. Something I've always found interesting

Kobe Bryant's 4th quarter field goal % is lower than the NBA average. Something I've always found interesting

That's because he thinks he's the only one that can win games for his team and then he just tosses up circus shots. Whereas on the flip side, LeBron tried to drive and dish plenty of times while playing in Cleveland, thus giving his teammates plenty of wide open looks, only to have them miss more often than not. LeBron has had a legit team once to win a championship (last year), that's it.

Amongst ignorant people yes. I seem to recall a guy named Scotty Pippen who may have seen MJ play a few times. I think he made a comment about Bron maybe being the best ever....until he got absolutely thrashed in the media.

Lebron is a better all around player than Jordan. Jordan was a better scorer. Jordan was a better closer. Bron is more versatile, better defender due to his ability to guard anyone on the floor(Ask D Rose and his 6.3% when Bron guarded him last year in playoffs), better rebounder, better passer.

I'm not sure how this is even debatable honestly.

Lebron isn't a better defender just because he can guard mulitple positions. Jordan could guard 3 different positions. Jordan is one of the best defenders of all time.I agree that Jordan was a better scorer. Rebounding I don't think you can really compare. I think comparably speaking Jordan and Lebron are equally good rebounders for their respective size and position.
Additionally, while Lebron can make some pretty spectacular passes, Jordan had quite a few assists himself. He was not asked to be a facilitator and still averaged 5.3 assists per game, which so far is 1.6 less assists per game than Lebron. People forget how great of an all-around player Jordan was because of his scoring ability. In fact there was a season where he averaged 32 8 8.

there is a really easy way for westbrook to get assists...pass to durant. durant takes less shots than westbrook and scores more. westbrook and durant are like lebron and wade their games dont mesh well. i like how the thunder play but the way they are put together they would be better if they had a rubio type (pass 1st) at pg and moved westbrook to the 2 spot. westbrook was a 2 in college moving him to point was a last minute thing because they didnt have a point guard. he does good enough there but he turns the ball over way too much. a pg that goes 10 pts and 10 assists just accounted for 30 pts...so dont undervalue the assist.
There's a lot of dumb posts in this thread, but this is some of the stupidest **** I've read. Westbrook doesn't get a ton of assists, big ******* deal. The Thunder's top 3 guys are all great at scoring with the ball in their hands. Why would you want a pg to take the ball out of Durant's, Harden's or Westrbook's hands? Just so it fits better with what you think a pg should do? You can take Jose Calerdon and his 10 ppg 9 apg and low turnovers and I'll take Westbrook and his ability to completely take over games.

1 - a true pg
2 - westbrook
3 - durant
4 - ibaka
5 - perkins

6th man - harden
7th man - collison
8th man - sefilosha (sp?)

how is this a bad 8-man rotation. with westbrook being the back up pg. i would bet westbrook would become a more efficient scorer and i could see durant score more too. all the pg needs to do is dish and be a solid defender and they would cause more match up problems on that 8 man rotation than probably any team in the league. then think of going with a small lineup (ie durant at the 4) or they can still play their lineups they use now at times.

the thunder led the league in turnovers. it is a major thing when your pg turns it over as much as westbrook does. he is out of position and it will be an achilles heel to this team in the playoffs every year. unless they move westbrook to the 2 or he becomes a better pg in the assist and turnover departments.

1 - a true pg
2 - westbrook
3 - durant
4 - ibaka
5 - perkins

6th man - harden
7th man - collison
8th man - sefilosha (sp?)

how is this a bad 8-man rotation. with westbrook being the back up pg. i would bet westbrook would become a more efficient scorer and i could see durant score more too. all the pg needs to do is dish and be a solid defender and they would cause more match up problems on that 8 man rotation than probably any team in the league. then think of going with a small lineup (ie durant at the 4) or they can still play their lineups they use now at times.

the thunder led the league in turnovers. it is a major thing when your pg turns it over as much as westbrook does. he is out of position and it will be an achilles heel to this team in the playoffs every year. unless they move westbrook to the 2 or he becomes a better pg in the assist and turnover departments.

The Thunder are 7-1 in the playoffs, they had the second best record in the conference. Obviously the lack of assists and high number of turnovers is not a major thing. Why would you want to take the ball out of your best player's hands? Adding a "true pg" just makes them easier to match up with.

then he is holding true to form.

is there a stat for throwing team mates under the bus in the post-game? He's gotta be higher than the NBA average in this category.

1 - a true pg2 - westbrook3 - durant4 - ibaka5 - perkins 6th man - harden7th man - collison8th man - sefilosha (sp?) how is this a bad 8-man rotation. with westbrook being the back up pg. i would bet westbrook would become a more efficient scorer and i could see durant score more too. all the pg needs to do is dish and be a solid defender and they would cause more match up problems on that 8 man rotation than probably any team in the league. then think of going with a small lineup (ie durant at the 4) or they can still play their lineups they use now at times. the thunder led the league in turnovers. it is a major thing when your pg turns it over as much as westbrook does. he is out of position and it will be an achilles heel to this team in the playoffs every year. unless they move westbrook to the 2 or he becomes a better pg in the assist and turnover departments.
The Thunder are 7-1 in the playoffs, they had the second best record in the conference. Obviously the lack of assists and high number of turnovers is not a major thing. Why would you want to take the ball out of your best player's hands? Adding a "true pg=" just makes them easier to match up with.
=

if you believe westbrook is the best player on the thunder you have lost all credibility and have forfieted to ignorance.

=

if you believe westbrook is the best player on the thunder you have lost all credibility and have forfieted to ignorance.

Players' hands. There, fixed, Their three best players are Harden, Durant and Westbrook. They are all best at scoring with the ball. Why would you want to put the ball in the hands of an average "true" pg? But yes, by all means try to distract attention away from your point rather than give one reason why it makes the Thunder better.

Latest posts