who is the most overrated star in the nba?

AWESOME! Now tell me how many of these mj had by age 27. I'm guessing just one title and one mvp. I'll take lebron at age 27 and his 3 soon to be four mvps over mj any day.

Even if you want to use the age argument instead of their 1st 9 seasons

2 MVPs, 5 scoring titles and 1 championship for MJ >>>> LeBrons 3 MVPs and 1 scoring title

It isnt even close

AWESOME! Now tell me how many of these mj had by age 27. I'm guessing just one title and one mvp. I'll take lebron at age 27 and his 3 soon to be four mvps over mj any day.

he took his talents to south beach....and is finding basketball 'taxing' down there.

and, this just in - Kobe took over last nights' game in Q4, took over the role of point guard, missed nearly all the circus shots he took in Q4, and is now blaming Gasol for the loss.

Kobe: things were going just fine last night until you thought you had to win the game all by yourself. please stop blaming others for your mistakes.

I hope you read hn.com.

This sums it up perfectly. Westbrook's A/TO ratio is 1.51, which is near the worst among qualified players (ranked 63rd of 73). Of the other players I listed, the closest to Westbrook is Wall, whose A/TO ratio is 2.08 (39th of 73).

Westbrook is a good player, but not a true point guard, and he doesn't stack up against many of the league's true points. He's a shooting guard who's playing the point out of necessity.

He plays point guard, therefore HE IS A POINT GUARD! There is no such thing as a "true point guard." There are different molds to every position, in every sport. If every team had players at every position that had the same skill set, what fun would it be to watch?

Even if you want to use the age argument instead of their 1st 9 seasons2 MVPs, 5 scoring titles and 1 championship for MJ >>>> LeBrons 3 MVPs and 1 scoring titleIt isnt even close

are you using gorilla math or revisionist history? lebron is 27 as this season ends and will likely win his fourth mvp.

mj was 27 when he finished the 1990 season. he had zero titles and one mvp.

lebron is much more complete at this stage in his career. he's a better defender, rebounder, and distributer.

are you using gorilla math or revisionist history? lebron is 27 as this season ends and will likely win his fourth mvp.

lebron is much more complete at this stage in his career. he's a better defender, rebounder, and distributer.

Source -- Miami Heat's LeBron James wins third career MVP award - ESPN

LeBron was awarded his 3rd MVP a week ago...its already been announced

The site I linked above listed Jordan as 27 for the 90-91 season when he won his 2nd MVP and 1st title. Either way the stats speak for themselves...just look at Jordan's numbers year by year. When he was 24 he averaged 35 ppg, 6 rb, 6 ast, 3 stls, 1.6 blocks and won defensive player of the year.

Last edited:
He plays point guard, therefore HE IS A POINT GUARD! There is no such thing as a "true point guard." There are different molds to every position, in every sport. If every team had players at every position that had the same skill set, what fun would it be to watch?

Some guys get to the basket better than others, some are able to make more spectacular passes. Some are better shooters than others. But the vast majority of point guards are not score-first. Shooting guards, by and large, take that as their primary role. Very, very few PG's look to score before they pass. Because that's not typically their job.

We like to think of each player as purely an individual, but it's just not true. There's a reason that teams tend to look for particular kinds of players (I.E.- prototypical QB's, great big men, true point guards, etc.). Westbrook is the best option OKC has at the point, but that doesn't mean it's his natural position. He played the 2 at UCLA, and he plays the point like a 2 guard.

LeBron brings the ball up the floor a lot, too. That doesn't mean he's a point guard.

Also, by using your age requirements for this instead of their 1st 9 seasons we are comparing 9 seasons for LeBron to 7 seasons for Jordan

If you take the confusion out of it and just compare their 1st 9 years in the league its not even worth discussing

are you using gorilla math or revisionist history? lebron is 27 as this season ends and will likely win his fourth mvp.mj was 27 when he finished the 1990 season. he had zero titles and one mvp.lebron is much more complete at this stage in his career. he's a better defender, rebounder, and distributer.
Source -- Miami Heat's LeBron James wins third career MVP award - ESPNLeBron was awarded his 3rd MVP a week ago...its already been announcedThe site I linked above listed Jordan as 27 for the 90-91 season when he won his 2nd MVP and 1st title. Either way the stats speak for themselves...just look at Jordan's numbers year by year. When he was 24 he averaged 35 ppg, 6 rb, 6 ast, 3 stls, 1.6 blocks and won defensive player of the year.

he was 27 when that season started, 28 when it ended.

I find a players age is a much better indicator of what we can expect in the future. to argue otherwise is silly.

Some guys get to the basket better than others, some are able to make more spectacular passes. Some are better shooters than others. But the vast majority of point guards are not score-first. Shooting guards, by and large, take that as their primary role. Very, very few PG's look to score before they pass. Because that's not typically their job.

We like to think of each player as purely an individual, but it's just not true. There's a reason that teams tend to look for particular kinds of players (I.E.- prototypical QB's, great big men, true point guards, etc.). Westbrook is the best option OKC has at the point, but that doesn't mean it's his natural position. He played the 2 at UCLA, and he plays the point like a 2 guard.

LeBron brings the ball up the floor a lot, too. That doesn't mean he's a point guard.

That is why the style of play in the NBA has improved over the last few years, the league has moved away from the shoot first point guards. If guys like Marbury and Iverson would adapt their games to more of an old school approach they could be valuable contributors to a NBA team right now.

he was 27 when that season started, 28 when it ended.

I find a players age is a much better indicator of what we can expect in the future. to argue otherwise is silly.

I agree...Jordan's unbelievable seasons at age 23 and 24 indicated he had a chance to be one of the greats

LeBron's body of work says he will be one of the best regular season players ever

he was 27 when that season started, 28 when it ended.I find a players age is a much better indicator of what we can expect in the future. to argue otherwise is silly.
I agree...Jordan's unbelievable seasons at age 23 and 24 indicated he had a chance to be one of the greatsLeBron's body of work says he will be one of the best regular season players ever

Lebrons body of work says be will be the best all around basketball player in the history of the world.

If Westbrook doesn't shoot, who will? Durant can't take 35 shots a game, and besides Harden there isn't anyone else. Westbrook and Durant mesh just fine.

I understand your viewpoint, but it is not a perfect fit. Scott Brooks deserves a lot of credit for making it work. I have no emotional investment with the Thunder, however even I get frustrated with him with the turnovers and at times he has a tendency to just start jackin up shots.

Btw, with Durant's size advantage and his stroke I got no issue with him taking 30+ shots a game. I like it when Durant is aggressive and looking for his shot.

Anybody who thinks LeBron is overrated is a ******* tard. He'll get at least a few championships before he's done. Even though I can't stand Kobe's cry baby ***, I admit that he's an awesome and very talented player. Butthurt haters are gonna hate though I suppose...

Lebrons body of work says be will be the best all around basketball player in the history of the world.

Right or wrong, he needs ring(s), he needs Jordan's killer instinct. He needs to stop worrying about being liked, what people think of him and take on a FU mentality.

Right or wrong, he needs ring(s), he needs Jordan's killer instinct. He needs to stop worrying about being liked, what people think of him and take on a FU mentality.

again he gadgets exactly the same number of rings that mj had at age 27

I find a players age is a much better indicator of what we can expect in the future. to argue otherwise is silly.[/QUOTE]

I think you will find when it comes to NBA player production, it has much more to do with games played than age. The guys that come directly out of high school don't end up playing 4 or 5 more years than everyone else or having those extra years of high productivity.

Does anyone think that Kobe has enough left in the tank to win 3 more titles, as Jordan did after the age of 33?

again he gadgets exactly the same number of rings that mj had at age 27

Your point????

7th year in the league Jordan had his ring. 9th year in the league Lebron is about ready to be bounced out the playoffs by a team led by Danny Granger.

I'll add this too- you give LeBron the supporting casts that Kobe has had, then he'd have just as many rings. LeBron had NOTHING to work with in Cleveland.

Latest posts