What level of incompetence does Brian Ferentz have to exhibit to be fired?

Cant argue with you here. Smith doesn't even look like a Division One receiver other than his raw physical attributes. He doesn't run good routes and can't catch the ball. Our pass rush took this game over late in the second quarter and once we got up 17-0 you weren't going to see much passing. There will be opportunities down the road to see what kind of passing game we have, or don't have.

Nothing wrong with wearing down a defense and piling up yardage late. That's how many teams win games.

Plus you control the line of scrimmage and time of possession.

The play where you throw 20 yards to the sideline in hopes of a 3 yard gain whilst inviting a Pick 6 needs to be culled from the playbook. That is a horribly designed play that even if perfectly executed is worth exactly jack shit.

PURGE IT

I agree. It is a high risk play with less positive outcome. Iowa doesn't have the athletes to create space running routes or be a formidable receiver, HOW THE HELL DO THEY EXPECT A PLAYER TO TAKE THAT CATCH AND MAKE A MAN MISS!!

Oregon won the PAC 12 three years in a row with that boundary pass being a huge staple of the offense. The play is not bad. The execution was. It probably will be bad again, but it will connect a few times. When it does the D coordinator has to play the CB's in a shallow zone or in man or else it gets housed.

This play is all on the WR's. Iowa doesn't have Oregon's WR's!

If you don't have Oregon's WR's, then you purge from your playbook until you have Oregon's WR's.

No adding to any controversy or anything, but I've been waiting to see Mansell play as the young man is just a gamer. He's seem to have an uphill battle at about every age in football playing QB and always has shined when he got his chance. He just has that moxy to him.
Reminds me of a slightly better version of Baker Mayfield.

Only on the internet does Iowa cover a 10 point spread by 16 points and people are still miserable.

It actually went down to 9 before kickoff on Bovada. The second half line was Iowa -3.5 for even money. Talking about easy money.

No adding to any controversy or anything, but I've been waiting to see Mansell play as the young man is just a gamer. He's seem to have an uphill battle at about every age in football playing QB and always has shined when he got his chance. He just has that moxy to him.
I agree. He looked composed, confident, and like someone that I wouldn't worry too much if he had to play.

Am I the only one who thinks ISM looks completely out of control whenever he has the ball?
No balance, no sharp cuts, and the ball always just dangling out there in his hand?

Am I the only one who thinks ISM looks completely out of control whenever he has the ball?
No balance, no sharp cuts, and the ball always just dangling out there in his hand?

Lol he has a number of things to clean up. If he's still looking uncoordinated after a couple games then I will worry.

Its kinda comical that so many people think the BF has so much influence on how the offense does. This is Kirk's offense fellas. If you're not happy about it, place the blame where it belongs. Brian is simply the "yes" man.

For those of you that doubt that, rewatch the closing minutes of the game when NIU was calling timeouts. Even in that situation where you just run the clock out until you can kneel on it, Brian was still checking in and asking Kirk what to do.
I think Kirk is still the HC so that makes sense. No OC is going to take knees until the HC says to do it.

Anyone could tell Brian was po’d about the time outs and reading lips it looked like he asked, “Still want to knee” or something similar.

No big deal

Only on the internet does Iowa cover a 10 point spread by 16 points and people are still miserable.

Yea im pretty happy with second half. But offense in 1st.. yikes. Plenty good reasons for fans to be upset. So tired of hearing about what brian learned at the Patriots...

Holy mother of God, I didn't say anything last week. If Iowa had a half-way competent OC they would be in the hunt for a NC. This defense is awesome. BF is an incompetent boob.

I'm still thinking it's the players not executing. You can blame that on an OC sure, but as far as play calling goes I thought we did a good job isolating a couple things. He dialed up the deep ball more as needed in the second half. It still feels to me that we're holding back the play book and that very well could be deliberate.

As fans we can bitch about snooze ball, but at the end of the day they are wins and we might just be doing the bare minimum to get by, saving up a can of whoop ass for those badgers. A guy can hope.

Yea im pretty happy with second half. But offense in 1st.. yikes. Plenty good reasons for fans to be upset. So tired of hearing about what brian learned at the Patriots...
I posted this earlier, but we were 91st in total offense after last week. We're surely going to drop this week since we had significantly less yards and 20 less points.

Holy mother of God, I didn't say anything last week. If Iowa had a half-way competent OC they would be in the hunt for a NC. This defense is awesome. BF is an incompetent boob.
This is why I don't understand why people think Brian should be the next HC. Clearly, Phil Parker has shown he is the heart and soul of this team. If Phil was on the same level as BF, we'd probably win 3 to 5 games every year. Why in the hell aren't people calling for Phil to succeed Kirk?

I posted this earlier, but we were 91st in total offense after last week. We're surely going to drop this week since we had significantly less yards and 20 less points.

This is why I don't understand why people think Brian should be the next HC. Clearly, Phil Parker has shown he is the heart and soul of this team. If Phil was on the same level as BF, we'd probably win 3 to 5 games every year. Why in the hell aren't people calling for Phil to succeed Kirk?

Mostly because Phil don't want it.