What level of incompetence does Brian Ferentz have to exhibit to be fired?

I posted this earlier, but we were 91st in total offense after last week. We're surely going to drop this week since we had significantly less yards and 20 less points.

This is why I don't understand why people think Brian should be the next HC. Clearly, Phil Parker has shown he is the heart and soul of this team. If Phil was on the same level as BF, we'd probably win 3 to 5 games every year. Why in the hell aren't people calling for Phil to succeed Kirk?

I wouldn't mind seeing Phil take the Reigns. Brian has not shown even close enough to even be in the conversation for HC gig. Nor does he have his dads temperament, which I actually like.

Holy mother of God, I didn't say anything last week. If Iowa had a half-way competent OC they would be in the hunt for a NC. This defense is awesome. BF is an incompetent boob.
Gonna be the downfall of this team. The offense looks like total garbage most of the time. We get a play here and there, but it's not going to be enough to get us as far as our great defense could take us if it doesn't get better.

Who wouldn't want 4 or 5 million a year with a gigantic buyout written by Buyout Barta himself?

Because it's a harder job. Plus he is smart. He knows defense. He can be a top paid DC anywhere and put out great defenses. Head coaching is way more risk.

Above all though is the fact that he has said it to me personally. Not everyone wants to be king.

Gonna be the downfall of this team. The offense looks like total garbage most of the time. We get a play here and there, but it's not going to be enough to get us as far as our great defense could take us if it doesn't get better.

Lol this must be groundhogs day. I'm pretty sure I've lived this narrative before.

I posted this earlier, but we were 91st in total offense after last week. We're surely going to drop this week since we had significantly less yards and 20 less points.

This is why I don't understand why people think Brian should be the next HC. Clearly, Phil Parker has shown he is the heart and soul of this team. If Phil was on the same level as BF, we'd probably win 3 to 5 games every year. Why in the hell aren't people calling for Phil to succeed Kirk?
Who is saying BF should be the next head coach?

I’ve tried to stay away from this wormhole. But I just can’t anymore. The offense is horrendous. Someone above said it, with this defense, and a 50-ish ranked offense Iowa might be in line for some end of season hardware. But this offense is gonna burn the defense up at some point.

I’ve tried to stay away from this wormhole. But I just can’t anymore. The offense is horrendous. Someone above said it, with this defense, and a 50-ish ranked offense Iowa might be in line for some end of season hardware. But this offense is gonna burn the defense up at some point.
Our schedule is literally cupcake city after Wisky & Pedo St. You're right though. I'm sick of our offense making the defense's job so difficult.

At least the offense is holding it's own in the time of possession battle and not turning it over, so they have that going for them. They're not making very many plays, however, so I don't know if the Dalai Lama is quite ready to grant them total consciousness on their death bed just yet.

I do like the improved punting though. It's nice to flip the field and make the other team start inside their 20 yard line.

That was a big 12 defense out there. A real defense could strangle us. And we will see one in two weeks. So yes the offense is going to have to shoulder some of the load at some point. Stanley almost looks like he's trying to play through an injury. And that's not his only issue.

Lol this must be groundhogs day. I'm pretty sure I've lived this narrative before.
BF is not a good OC. Not by any measurement. Not yet. He might be in the future. If you are stuck in Groundhog's Day, it's because the coaching staff has put you there. Don't blame the people that point out the reasons why you are there.

At least the offense is holding it's own in the time of possession battle and not turning it over, so they have that going for them. They're not making very many plays, however, so I don't know if the Dalai Lama is quite ready to grant them total consciousness on their death bed just yet.

I do like the improved punting though. It's nice to flip the field and make the other team start inside their 20 yard line.

That was a big 12 defense out there. A real defense could strangle us. And we will see one in two weeks. So yes the offense is going to have to shoulder some of the load at some point. Stanley almost looks like he's trying to play through an injury. And that's not his only issue.
A real defense will strangle us, no doubt. As long as they stack the box.

The improved punting is the difference. If we punt last week and yesterday like we did last year, we probably aren't 2-0 at this point.

BF is not a good OC. Not by any measurement. Not yet. He might be in the future. If you are stuck in Groundhog's Day, it's because the coaching staff has put you there. Don't blame the people that point out the reasons why you are there.

Do you know the definition of insanity? Most negative posters on here are living in insanity.

News Flash: Iowa's offense looks like an unpolished turd at the start of _______ season. Fill in the year. Doesn't matter which year you pick.

Here is a real question. Why can't the group of fans that expect perennial championships actually be happy when we win games? Especially since the same people are always certain we are going to get crushed by a "real" team. Instead of enjoying wins they wring their hands over future games and grumble about shortcomings. Why even watch?

It was a Big 12 defense that beat Oklahoma and TCU last year...two top 5 teams. I played golf with the Lama too...big hitter the lama...and he told me, things improve over time and KF's offensive teams don't really start gelling for five or six games. Does everyone forget the Pittsburgh game in 2015? Our offense was terrible. Beathard got absolutely abused and was lucky he wasn't killed..they won with a 57 yard field goal. This ISU team had a much, much better pedigree and team than that Pitt team. Stop freaking complaining until you don't see improvement...then complain.

Great teams aren't always great...they are just great when they have to be. Let's give the boys a chance, ok. That being said, I'm worried about UNI this week.

Do you know the definition of insanity? Most negative posters on here are living in insanity.

News Flash: Iowa's offense looks like an unpolished turd at the start of _______ season. Fill in the year. Doesn't matter which year you pick.

Here is a real question. Why can't the group of fans that expect perennial championships actually be happy when we win games? Especially since the same people are always certain we are going to get crushed by a "real" team. Instead of enjoying wins they wring their hands over future games and grumble about shortcomings. Why even watch?

KF coaches by crisis. There is always something of huge proportion that doesnt make sense.

This isnt about jelling. Wisky last year was later. Florida the year before. Purdue was late.
It looked like they had no clue about Stamford's running game. That was late wasnt it.
Its frustrating to see teams so close to beibg elite but there is always someting. The change in teams the first 3 games of the season is very high. Iowa had a huge advantage being at home and having played. Nice win. Huge concerns.

Lol

-Iowa's offense looked like an unpolished turd for 8 games last season. 3 of the last 4 games. We averaged 257 yards per game over the last 4 games and that includes the 505 yards against Nebraska. How does that fact fit your narrative?
-Who isn't happy that we won?
-Why is it a problem to openly discuss our shortcomings? Especially since these shortcomings could be the result of nepotism?