Wednesday Presser Predictions

Since he has never said it, and never will, I'd like someone to put the words in his mouth for him and ask the following...."Coach, is a National Championship a goal of yours, and do you think that can be obtained using your current methodology of recruiting?" Or ask him if he thinks a National Championship can be won at Iowa? Since that would be sidestepped, just ask him "Coach, why does your recruiting suck....can you explain how you can compete for Big 10 Championships when you are 12th out of 13th in recruiting?
I would like to see this question asked and answered as well. Although, I would prefer it worded accordingly.
"Kirk, do you feel it's possible to win a NC at Iowa?" Followed up by "Do you think we have the talent on the roster to accomplish that goal?" Followed by "If not, why not?"

Since baffling has been the word to describe 2014-2015 - I'll throw this one out there....

KF says he's going to step down and PHil Parker will assume HC role on an interim basis while they search for the next head coach. However KF remains on in an advisory role to preserve the momentum and culture.

In lieu of paying out the millions on KFs contract, they use that money to fund higher salaries for assistant coaches - particularly OC's.

we're all baffled once again

Unless he announces his retirement then it doesn't matter what changes or announcements he makes because nothing will change. He is the problem.

I don't expect anything significant to come out of the Wednesday press conference. I think Davis stays and Ferentz gives him more control of the offense. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I think had JR decided to quit football or transfer the rumor mill would have churned that out by now.

Mostly I think Barta asked KF to do something to help recover fan support and therefore you have this weird press conference. I think he'll say stuff like how 2014 was unacceptable to everyone involved and blah blah blah.

^^^^Pretty much this.....PR isn't exactly a strength of the Iowa Athletic Dept.

They gave up 200 rushing yards to Gordon, and well over 250 total. In what universe is that a "great" defensive effort?

So they missed on one play.... ONE PLAY where Gordon goes off for 88 yards. I'd say that's a pretty good effort against a guy who averaged 185 yards per game. We also held the Wisky offense to 405 yards, but they averaged 469 yards per game (521 yards against Auburn). And we got 412 yards against them.

As everyone here makes fun of Kirk (and a lot of coaches) for saying one play can make or break a game... what happens if we don't miss the tackle near the line of scrimmage on that Gordon 88 yard run? (We held them to a field goal after that run) What happens if we force them to methodically go down the field and take up a lot of time? We only lost by 2 points.

Last edited:
So they missed on one play.... ONE PLAY where Gordon goes off for 88 yards. I'd say that's a pretty good effort against a guy who averaged 185 yards per game. We also held the Wisky offense to 405 yards, but they averaged 469 yards per game (521 yards against Auburn). And we got 412 yards against them.As everyone here makes fun of Kirk (and a lot of coaches) for saying one play can make or break a game... what happens if we don't miss the tackle near the line of scrimmage on that Gordon 88 yard run? (We held them to a field goal after that run) What happens if we force them to methodically go down the field and take up a lot of time? We only lost by 2 points.
This is so sad and pathetic. He ran for MORE THAN HIS AVERAGE against us. Get a clue.

Since baffling has been the word to describe 2014-2015 - I'll throw this one out there....

KF says he's going to step down and PHil Parker will assume HC role on an interim basis while they search for the next head coach. However KF remains on in an advisory role to preserve the momentum and culture.

In lieu of paying out the millions on KFs contract, they use that money to fund higher salaries for assistant coaches - particularly OC's.

we're all baffled once again

......and the he put the crack pipe down :)

I've been a Kirk supporter for years but I hope this isn't a dud again. Need some open and honest stuff from Kirk and need to see change or I'm done

Latest posts