Wednesday Presser Predictions

AHawk1

Just wondering what everyone is expecting to hear. What would you be excited to hear? I would hope KF is a heck of a lot more open then his pressers in the past.

Major change is needed and evidently KF is staying. I heard rumblings from some people he had considered stepping down. They were wrong and that didn't happen. They are now saying Gerg is gone. I guess we will find out on Wednesday.

For prediction purposes I'll say GD and one or two other assistants are gone.

I predict he will pull a Belichick and be a total dick. He will act like he is playing for the SuperBowl instead of the garbage season we had.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kirk announces next year will be his last. May as well take recruiting down a notch further while he's at it. I don't think he would do it to hurt recruiting but a lame duck coach could result in a small recruiting class.

Davis stays.

New special teams coach

and KF may announce future retirement...and would it not be great to name a successor ? but nobody to name.

Here are some of my predictions of the info KF will give:

1. Greg Davis, Bobby Kennedy and Chris White are gone - will bring in Jay Norvell to partner with BF as Co-OCs
2. Kirk will say that he puts out a 2 deep every year in January internally....hoping to light a fire in guys by posting externally
3. JR will graduate in May and will look to transfer to another school for his final year of eligibility
4. KF will say that he has every intention of fulfilling the entire length of his contract

My predicitions: Chris White is the fallguy and the only one fired. Reese Morgan retires (the hot rumor for years now). GD and Kennedy both return. Kirk mouths some gibberish about how we were only a handful of plays away from winning the division and that we have to do better. No other significant changes are announced.

Here are some of my predictions of the info KF will give:

1. Greg Davis, Bobby Kennedy and Chris White are gone - will bring in Jay Norvell to partner with BF as Co-OCs
2. Kirk will say that he puts out a 2 deep every year in January internally....hoping to light a fire in guys by posting externally
3. JR will graduate in May and will look to transfer to another school for his final year of eligibility
4. KF will say that he has every intention of fulfilling the entire length of his contract

I don't see #3, happening...at least not in that way.

If JR graduates early, he'll probably stay at IOWA and pursue his medical career path...giving up football all together.

I don't see #3, happening...at least not in that way.

If JR graduates early, he'll probably stay at IOWA and pursue his medical career path...giving up football all together.

I agree HD1. JR seems like he has always been in it more for medical school than football. Just saying he isn't going to play one year at another school and cost himself a beneficial year of his education.

I don't know what to expect on Wednesday from kfootball. It seems everytime kfootball has had a chance to make some real and substantive changes, he just gives you that deadpan look of his and says that's football and nothing changes. I do not believe GD leaves and BF becomes the OC. Barta won't allow BF to become OC in this current environment. Barta's an idiot but not a fool.

Does anyone know if kfootball went to the coaches conference in Dallas over the weekend? That is supposed to be a job fair for coaches. If not, then I think coaching changes are few and kfootball is having this presser because he was told to and he won't have much to say.

OH, I forgot about Kennedy. I think he may be gone as well.

Barta announces a new 5 year contract extension for Ferentz!

I don't expect anything significant to come out of the Wednesday press conference. I think Davis stays and Ferentz gives him more control of the offense. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I think had JR decided to quit football or transfer the rumor mill would have churned that out by now.

Mostly I think Barta asked KF to do something to help recover fan support and therefore you have this weird press conference. I think he'll say stuff like how 2014 was unacceptable to everyone involved and blah blah blah.

Not that anyone really cares, but here are the predictions:
1. The replacement of at least one, but no more than two, assistant coaches.
2. The announcement of a player transfer
3. A "discussion" of the two-deep. (Coachspeak).

One other prediction
KF will retire within three years. I give a 10 percent chance of that being announced prior to the 2015 football season.

I just dont think KF is going to change himself or much about the program. There is something else missing with this program because how can they look so passive and bad against ISU and yet give a great effort on defense for 60 minutes against Wisky and Gordon. And the same with the offense how they look great for 30 minutes or so then so bad.

I dont think KF is going to say much that has anything to do with change. But then again why else would he have this presser.

I just dont think KF is going to change himself or much about the program. There is something else missing with this program because how can they look so passive and bad against ISU and yet give a great effort on defense for 60 minutes against Wisky and Gordon. And the same with the offense how they look great for 30 minutes or so then so bad.

I dont think KF is going to say much that has anything to do with change. But then again why else would he have this presser.

Iowa teams have played down the the level of their opposition for several years now. It doesn't matter if it's a mid tier BIG team or a mid tier MAC team. I'm not sure why, but they always do and it's frustrating.

Perhaps the timing can shed some light. Announcing he will be retiring after next year and the new Offense Coordinator will be our Next HC. Can't announce it sooner since he is coaching in the NC game. I bet that would rejuvenate ppl for next year.

I just dont think KF is going to change himself or much about the program. There is something else missing with this program because how can they look so passive and bad against ISU and yet give a great effort on defense for 60 minutes against Wisky and Gordon.
They gave up 200 rushing yards to Gordon, and well over 250 total. In what universe is that a "great" defensive effort?