Villanova game thread

The only thing left to do is play the underclassmen for the entire second half. This season is over.

Clemmons has two fouls, might want to bring him back down 23???

Yes, because that's the answer.
The problem hasn't been Williams off of the bench.

We have Gesell and Woodbury, who were supposedly, Top 100 nationwide recruits, being 4-year starters, looking, as if they are starting their first tournament game.

It just makes me beyond frustrated that we always wilt when the bright lights are on. We've lost three straight years in our first game of the BTT to ****** teams, and then we get to the NCAA tournament and just bend over to teams like Gonzaga and Villanova who we should absolutely be able to play with. At this pace we're going to lose by ******* 40. It's just pathetic.

40 might be optimistic. They are on pace to lose by 50. That might be a tourney record.

The only thing hard to believe is that someone in the AD's office thinks Fran is going to put anything on the court better than his Siena teams. His coaching has been terrible as well as his team's mentality. This is clearly a weak minded team. Uthoff looks like he wants to go home and as far as Jok goes his game can be spelled J-O-K-E. Williams, Baer, Uhl, Gesell and name your 5th but this is an utter embarrassment.

Sit all seniors in the 2nd half. They don't deserve to play
Might as well get experience for guys who will be around. The seniors brought us back from the dead but they apparently are done playing for Iowa today.

unsure if i have ever seen a power 5 basketball team so disinterested in playing defense. even grinnell college puts in more effort on the defensive end.

Jay Wright with kind words at half....As others have pointed out it is a pride game now.

My god that was awful. Please play the underclassmen in the second half

I agree. Clark Kellogg said it best it's an Iowa team that looks incapable of any fight. That's a kind way of saying your team sux. No heart. YOu have to play D with heart.

Feel bad for the guys. Most painful 20 minutes of my life watchin that. It would be nice to see the guys get some pride back and crawl back into respectability.

OU showed how to beat them. I don't understand why you give up an open 3 to try a contested 2 when you are down by 17...

Latest posts