Villanova game thread

I don't feel for these guys. They are ******* gutless

No offense but dude seriously. They are being overwhelmed by a better team. Everything avalanched on them, they're not engaged and about 200 other complaints you could legitimately throw out there, but gutless. Dude. Whatever. Cool down a bit. Go get a burrito, and get away from your keyboard, before you say something dumber.

You need athletes to be elite...basketball. ..football....wrestling......look at all 3 sports this year at yhe national tournament level...and we have good "players" but we get handled by "athletes"

All you have to do make the seniors uncomfortable and they wilt.
It's a pretty simple formula that opposing teams have figured out.
The close Minnesota and close Temple win, barely qualified as fools gold.

These are Fran's prize recruits. It is not going to be better next year. I think Fran has peaked at Iowa. Had to edit, actually JO transferred to get here and Baer is walk-on. Take them out of the picture. How is this exposure going to help recruiting? How many are thinking of transferring now?

Last edited:
I'm very confused by all the,
"Iowa exposed when the lights are on ..."
"... lack of toughness ... "
"poor bench coaching, game and player management ..."
comments.

I was told back in early February that those trends, characteristics and (lack of) abilities didn't exist on this team / in this coach. Can someone clarify?

More athletic? You really don't need athleticism to compete with teams in college basketball. I mean look at UNI. Do you really think that UNI is anywhere near the same level as Texas athletically? If what you mean by "more athletic" is "more heart" or "more effort" or "more fight," then I wholeheartedly agree. I'm not saying that athleticism is never relevant to the outcome of a game, but athleticism really isn't the difference here. Can you REALLY tell me that this would have happened to UNI?

Uh..wrong...washpun is perhaps the BEST athlete in the nation and he plays pt guard. Your argument is invalid. He makes THAT much of a difference. They spot up for threes, relocate to open areas for a dish and go to the basket when your man doubles. And who says their athletes aren't ALL better than ours. Perhaps that IS why they are better?

Fran needs to look at sitting guys with 2 fouls. I understand at the 17 minute mark. But you have to let him go back in at 10 mark or so when it is still close

It's an incredible thing to say when you have this many seniors, but it's true. It demonstrates the talent gap that recruiting needs to fix in a hurry.

Yeah it was crazy to watch them melt down. Woody misses 2 bunnies (if we had a guy that could dunk that would have been 4 points) and MG just making bad passes and picking up his dribble in horrible spots. THATS WHEN FRAN, AS A COACH NEEDS TO CALL A TIME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gather the team, slow it down. Did he, nope! Just let it swell to 20 plus points. Bad coaching and I like Fran but he needs to look in the mirror after this one.

It's an incredible thing to say when you have this many seniors, but it's true. It demonstrates the talent gap that recruiting needs to fix in a hurry.

The thing about experience is that it can be good or bad. This team is like someone who develops agoraphobia from some past trauma

THe number 1 difference between teams today is talent and then coaching Fran doesn't have a clue how to use TO's. Call one with 41 secs. left?! Horses have left the bard by then pal.

When it comes to Iowa athletics maybe I do have an issue with blowing my load too quickly. Man, i wish I had of let this season play out.

Latest posts