Uthoff serious about Iowa

It is weird to hear Iowa is in the lead for his services when the coaches cannot do anything to persuade him one way or the other.

What would it take for Uthoff to make it to Iowa?

--Pay for his own tuition?
--Sit out a year?

Any other caveats?

What would it take for Uthoff to make it to Iowa?

--Pay for his own tuition?
--Sit out a year?

Any other caveats?

I think I read that he would lose an extra year of eligibility for transferring within the conference. Since he already redshirted, if he transferred out of the Big Ten, he would sit out then have 3 years to play. If he transfers within the conference, he has to sit out and will only have 2 years to play.

Not true. Only penalty is paying 1st year while sitting out. He'll have 3 years after sitting out.

*If* Uthoff decides to transfer here, then we could be looking at a very talented and experienced roster in two years.

Marble sr
Basabe sr
McCabe sr
White jr
Ogelsby jr
Olaseni jr
Gesell so
Woodbury so
Ingram so
Meyer so
Clemmons so
*Uthoff 3rd year so

So when someone redshirts their freshman year and then transfers, they lose that year?

Anybody who redshirts their freshman year and then transfers would lose a year of eligibility, unless they got a waiver from the NCAA.

All transfers must sit out a year and you can use your redshirt if it hasnt been used already. Uthoff obviously has used his.

I have changed my mind on this. I will now be more surprised if Uthoff DOESNT choose to walk on at Iowa.

Uthoff would have three years to play at Iowa..you get five years to play four. He redshirted which is one. This year transfer sitting out will be two. He would also be allowed on scholarship at Iowa for those three years just not his first. Since he is from Iowa, he is looking at in state tuition costs.

If he enrolls in summer school, can he then be in contact with the coaches and players? Or does all that have to wait until the fall?

*If* Uthoff decides to transfer here, then we could be looking at a very talented and experienced roster in two years.

Marble sr
Basabe sr
McCabe sr
White jr
Ogelsby jr
Olaseni jr
Gesell so
Woodbury so
Ingram so
Meyer so
Clemmons so
*Uthoff 3rd year so

After next season, it is 100% likely that Basabe and/or White will jump to the NBA. Fran has to know this, because otherwise it wouldn't make sense to have 7 guys fight to 2 open spots on the floor.

Marble sr
Basabe sr
McCabe sr
White jr
Ogelsby jr
Olaseni jr
Gesell so
Woodbury so
Ingram so
Meyer so
Clemmons so
*Uthoff 3rd year so

Uhh, Im gonna need herby unbanned and for him to give his seal of approval on this potential roster. Once that happens, then we can start dreaming about all the B1G titles we will win.

The 2012-13 season will apparently be Marble's last season with the Hawks. If this actually occurs, there is your scholly for Uthoff for 2013-14.

Latest posts