Uthoff serious about Iowa

Perhaps Caff feels confident enough in Meyer that he wants to use a scholarship on other pressing needs?

Dont know what his concern is. He probably doesnt know if its worth the **** storm that would come with Uthoff transferring to Iowa from Wisconsin. Who knows though

Maybe it's because he has a log jam at the position in McCabe, White (both of who have similar skill sets as Uthoff) and Mel.

Even with Mel leaving early for the NBA draft there is still a lot of depth there, and that doesn't even include who he's currently recruiting at the PF position who Fran could very well view as more talented that Uthoff.

Dear Lord. The whole point was that that situation made him weary of transfers, not that they are similar situations.

I highly doubt a case as unusual as Hubbard's made Fran weary of all transfers.

Probably not, but I'm sure it has made him evaluate transfer situations more thoroughly by weighing the pros vs. cons. I personally don't think it's worth it with what we have at his position.

From what I have read, I believe JU sees himself as more of a 3 than a 4 and that may have been part of the rub at Wisconsin.

Sorry, I should have clarified. A scoring, slashing, athletic 3.
Uthoff has the outside game to play the 3, but he's not a scorer at the 3.

Either Bo Ryan is a poor assessor of talent or Jarrod Uthoff is not good enough (yet) to contribute to a program that Iowa beat TWICE last year. Is that unfair or too harsh of an assessment?

I don't see it happening, either, and I'm comfortable with that as well.

That's a little harsh. That's like saying because ISU split with KU that they are just as good as KU.

what is Fran's concern? how he fits with the team (with the lack of scholarships), or something about the player himself?

My guess is if there is any hesitancy on Fran's part it's because he's similar to so many other players already on the roster. If you look at our roster we have very few players that can create their shot or shots for others. While I know little of Jarrod's game I've seen enough to know that's not his strength.

I just don't see it happening.

I kind of agree, no way he comes here without knowing he's really wanted, and technically he can't talk to coaches till he enrolls. So if he does come its kind of truly shady deal by mac and uthoff that they "didn't talk" and he "just enrolled" and then "was invited afterwards" to come out for basketball. If we could just openly recruit him and say pay one year and then you got scholly and it was all over the table i think we'd get him, but all this under the table crap would look shady from both sides.

I kind of agree, no way he comes here without knowing he's really wanted, and technically he can't talk to coaches till he enrolls. So if he does come its kind of truly shady deal by mac and uthoff that they "didn't talk" and he "just enrolled" and then "was invited afterwards" to come out for basketball. If we could just openly recruit him and say pay one year and then you got scholly and it was all over the table i think we'd get him, but all this under the table crap would look shady from both sides.

It's not shady...Fran let's it slip to Joe Schmo student from Jeff that god that former badger is better than some of the guys we have...too bad I can't talk to him...then Jeff kid walks over to Uthoff's and says "Fran says you could play here." It's squeaky clean compared to places like UK and Calipari.

Latest posts