Turner going all Harlem Globetrotter on Lil Lick

No, it is his team. You have no say!!! Now go on and on and on about how you pay for tickets and how that can determine a coach's future yada, yada, yada!!! Lickliter is the only person that makes decisions for this team!!!

How can you say that? No it is not his team. I don't care about paying money the coach has no say in that. College teams in Iowa are very important. Pretty much everyone has something invested in a team whether it be time, money, or anything else...and in that sense we do have a say.

How can you say that? No it is not his team. I don't care about paying money the coach has no say in that. College teams in Iowa are very important. Pretty much everyone has something invested in a team whether it be time, money, or anything else...and in that sense we do have a say.

Then take your new found "Say" and get rid of Lick! Let's just see how much power you really do have. Keep us all posted on your progress!

If Todd would have talked about those things in addition to Cully being ill, I dont think much of this would have taken place.

You won't ever hear Lickliter say that player X is getting minutes because player Y is playing poorly. It will always be about how well player X is working in practice, etc... but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the real reason. Coach is always going to take the diplomatic route.

Mr. Barta: Someone picked on little John again today. Get your pencil and paper out and send a letter to Evan Turner asking for another apology. Also if Cully is healthy what is wrong with him playing for 40 minutes ? The announcers said that one of the Ohio St. players had only sat out one minute in their last five games.

Then take your new found "Say" and get rid of Lick! Let's just see how much power you really do have. Keep us all posted on your progress!

I'd have to say that since this is our team that even me typing this stupid post is having an effect on the situation. Its gone from the boards now to the airwaves. We'll see where it goes from there. I think youre intelligent enough and have probably been through enough coaching changes to see where this is going. I don't claim to have any power but we all have power together...

I'd have to say that since this is our team that even me typing this stupid post is having an effect on the situation. Its gone from the boards now to the airwaves. We'll see where it goes from there. I think youre intelligent enough and have probably been through enough coaching changes to see where this is going. I don't claim to have any power but we all have power together...

Well, if you do get your way and Lick is let go after this year, I hope you are prepared for 3-5 more years of awful Hawkeye basketball at the minimum. You will undoubtedly have transfers and you may have numerous walk-ons playing the next couple of years. There is no guarantee the four players coming in next will still come. If Lick leaves after this year, as hard as it is to believe, it will get worse before it gets better. There is light at the end of the tunnel with the progression of some of the players on this team and with the incoing class next year. I just don't understand why many of you are so blind to it???

Well, if you do get your way and Lick is let go after this year, I hope you are prepared for 3-5 more years of awful Hawkeye basketball at the minimum. You will undoubtedly have transfers and you may have numerous walk-ons playing the next couple of years. There is no guarantee the four players coming in next will still come. If Lick leaves after this year, as hard as it is to believe, it will get worse before it gets better. There is light at the end of the tunnel with the progression of some of the players on this team and with the incoing class next year. I just don't understand why many of you are so blind to it???

Yep the light at the end of tunnel; a bunch of mediocre players playing for a mediocre coach playing boring basketball. Can't wait.

Yep the light at the end of tunnel; a bunch of mediocre players playing for a mediocre coach playing boring basketball. Can't wait.

Yeah, the team is represented by 5 state champions and at least three Mr. Basketballs from their perspective states. I hardly call that mediocre. They just need moe depth and that is coming next year. That is the light and the end of the tunnel I am referring to.

When you go to the team to claim your "Say" why don't you go ahead and tell Matt Gatens or Aaron Fuller or Jarrod Cole or Eric May that they are mediocre. Let me know how that works out for you as well......that is if you are able to???

Yeah, the team is represented by 5 state champions and at least three Mr. Basketballs from their perspective states. I hardly call that mediocre. They just need moe depth and that is coming next year. That is the light and the end of the tunnel I am referring to.

When you go to the team to claim your "Say" why don't you go ahead and tell Matt Gatens or Aaron Fuller or Jarrod Cole or Eric May that they are mediocre. Let me know how that works out for you as well......that is if you are able to???

I don't think any of the players are under the same illusions that you are.

I don't think any of the players are under the same illusions that you are.

That just doesn't make any sense at all. Are you trying to say these players know that they are mediocre at best??? I guess you know more than the best player in the conference Eric Turner, who told Eric May he will be superstar. Well if Eric May will only be mediocre then the big 10 does not have much to look forward to as a conference over the next three years!!!

Forever You sound just like a poster on the Minnesota football board who said that If the Goofster was fired it would set their program back for ten years. Do you really feel that there is that much difference between their football and our basketball ? Both programs are down and having trouble selling tickets and there is no real sign of improvement in either case. Keeping mediocre coaches iisn't going to turn things around at either school.

First, Lick is not mediocre. Second, this team has improved this year, whether some want to admit it or not. And three, help is coming next year in the form of talent and depth. Plus add Archie and Tucker and I think this team will be minimum 10 games better next year. Firing Lick after this year would make it worse before it could get better!!!

So you are saying Iowa is going to win at least 18 games next season ? They are really going to have to water down the non-conference schedule to even get a sniff at that. Is bringing in the Sisters Of The Poor going to prepare the team for the Big Ten or bring fans back to the arena ? You and Spank need to get together and come up with some more bold predictions and excuses.

First, Lick is not mediocre. Second, this team has improved this year, whether some want to admit it or not. And three, help is coming next year in the form of talent and depth. Plus add Archie and Tucker and I think this team will be minimum 10 games better next year. Firing Lick after this year would make it worse before it could get better!!!

Are you really this passionate about defending this train wreck of a program?

So, you are saying that Iowa will win 20 games next year?

In the scheme of Big Ten basketball, a player that has John's limited skill set does not belong on the floor for 24 minutes, under any circumstance other than only having five guys left because of injury of fouls. Never. Ever.

Using the term scrub, if I could do it over, I would have used a different term, but one that had the exact same meaning...the point is he has no business being on the floor in a Big Ten game for that long unless its emergency circumstances. He just doesn't. It's not John's fault, it' a symptom of where the program is at.

Since I said it, I said it. You can't go back and change that. But you know what the meaning of the term is, and on the face of that, make a case for why he deserves that many minutes on the court, especially being followed up by his father saying on Monday that he should have played him more earlier in the season?
Rub a dub scrub. I agree with Jon. Little Lick should not see the court ever. Unless in mop up, end of game duty. Next year I highly doubt you see much of him. I sincerely hope not. Means the Hawks are having another terrible year.

What would be the point of inviting current players a chance to leave and the recruits a chance to back out if Lick is fired. It doesn't make any sense. With the recruiting class coming in we will actually have a full roster of players. This team has been young for going on three years it seems and that experience is going to make a heck of a difference. This team has proved it can play with OSU and MSU, now thwy need to come out night after night and compete with everybody they play. This team right now if they started the year playing this way would have some more wins but with the inexperience we don't have the wins. If there is a recruit coming in that can have the impact that May has had this team will finally have some depth. May, Gatens, if Tucker is around all need to work on ball handling so Cully doesn't have to be the sole guy doing that but then again who knows if teams will preassure Cully in years two like they did as a freshman. The program isn't a train wreck, if any players leave following the year besides Brommer then the train will have fallen off the tracks.

If Todd would have talked about those things in addition to Cully being ill, I dont think much of this would have taken place.

While I don't disagree I think it telling that a larege percentage of people in this forum have used this to disparage a 19 or 20 year old kid rather than to question the motivation of a coaches comments.

Regardless of what you think about the situation there has been a great deal of ugly behaviour on this forum the last two weeks. I find it funny when people point and laugh at the boards of other schools when they melt down, this is ten times uglier than anything I've seen elsewhere. It's ten times worse than when people were banging on KF and ten times worse than what some said about JC.

I'm sure some would like to spin the ugly fan behaviour back on lick as well but when you get down to it we have no one to blame but ourselves. Step up and take a bow Hawkeye Nation, you have earned it.

After watching, I wish Jon would have arched his head back into the ball to knock it loose. That would have squashed Turner's attempt to make him look silly, at least that time down the floor. It happened so fast that nobody would think to do it because not expecting it. Still, he would have got the last laugh.

I don't like to see that kind of bush-league crap in college b-ball, but, coach Lick put his kid & team in that situation.

After watching, I wish Jon would have arched his head back into the ball to knock it loose. That would have squashed Turner's attempt to make him look silly, at least that time down the floor. It happened so fast that nobody would think to do it because not expecting it. Still, he would have got the last laugh.

I don't like to see that kind of bush-league crap in college b-ball, but, coach Lick put his kid & team in that situation.

I think he got the last laugh when 1. He didn't even flinch, and 2. When he took ET to the basket and hit a reverse on him

Evan Turner should be embarrassed that he did such a bush league move, and even more embarrassed that JL was able to get past him on the drive on the ensuing possession.

Last edited:
Daughter. if you are going to rant please spell right. I think it was a classless move by Tucker, but on the other hand what a sad state of our program to have happen to one of our players.. Iowa BBAll RIP... at least we got another moral victory....

Latest posts