Tucker released from University of Iowa

Ok guys most have said they wanted Anthony back on the team. I have said since his latest trangression Lick should of sacked up and said see ya. I now consider this a defection. If Lick had booted him that means Lick says you screwed up once too many times for me and your teammates. Now it looks like Lick wanted him back but Tucker is leaving because of coaches, etc....so is this enough to make the backers say enough is enough??? He is one of Lick's guys!

Look, if it is true, like I said earlier Tucker is going to find himself with little opportunity for minutes. He will already be behind Gatens and May, and I'd say Ben and Marble could pass him up as well.

It is really a win/win situation for Anthony and Iowa. Anthony will get a fresh start somewhere else where he will get bigger minutes, and Iowa get an open scholarship in which they can add a much needed point guard to the 2010 class.

However, I see where you are going with this. Your anti-Lickism isn't veiled very well. This is actually a very good opportunity for Lick if he can add a point guard. That would really solve a depth issue, and could help Iowa win a few more games next season. That would help to ensure LicK's job security for another year, and I don't think that sits well with you.:D

Look, if it is true, like I said earlier Tucker is going to find himself with little opportunity for minutes. He will already be behind Gatens and May, and I'd say Ben and Marble could pass him up as well.

It is really a win/win situation for Anthony and Iowa. Anthony will get a fresh start somewhere else where he will get bigger minutes, and Iowa get an open scholarship in which they can add a much needed point guard to the 2010 class.

However, I see where you are going with this. Your anti-Lickism isn't veiled very well. This is actually a very good opportunity for Lick if he can add a point guard. That would really solve a depth issue, and could help Iowa win a few more games next season. That would help to ensure LicK's job security for another year, and I don't think that sits well with you.:D

Great post.

I think Lick supporters and non-supporters agreed that if Tucker left the team for whatever reason that it would be understandable. Lick never said once that Tucker would play this year if ever again for Iowa. He just wanted to help the kid with his off the court troubles. Again, I am in support of Lick, but I put out scenarios where I could see a Brommer transfer due to playing time, an Archie transfer due to changed plans, or a Tucker tranfer due to his issues the past two seasons. I think most of us would be ok with any of these three.

Now my hopes were that they would all stay, but I would not get bent out of shape if any of them left. Now if one of the current core players, ie the starting 5 and Cougill etc. were to leave, this would be a redflag situation for Barta! We will see how it plays out.

But, this opens up an extra scholly to maybe get that extra pg that many want.

I guess my biggest issue is if Lick never intended on playing him why even let him dress for the games....

Nobody will really know what was said between the 2 most likely...so really can't tell if he is leaving because of not getting to play since he started to dress or what...Don't like the fact another of Lick's players is leaving the team, but it is what it is.

I consider it a defection the minute Tucker let his teammates down this year following last years let down. Tucker made his own bed in this situation. It is very appropriate for Lickliter to sit Tucker and make him prove he really wants to be a positive contributor to the team. That may have meant he would never play a minute this year and spend his time preparing his teammates in practice. If Tucker really wanted back on the team he would work hard and prepare and prove himself for next year. He obviously does not understand that there are consequences for messing up multiple times and one of them is he lost control of his ability to play. I think Lickliters strategy here was to really make Anthony decide if he was willing to go through some hardship for this team. He wasn't willing to do that and he obviously decided he wanted to leave. Ultimately this is a good thing for the team. Whether it is a good thing for Anthony we will see. IMO it is time for someone in his life to sit him down and tell him to quit acting like a selfish brat. They probably should have done that after the 1st, 2nd and 3rd strike instead of reinforcing his selfish actions.

I guess I would also have issues if Brommer and Archie both left to...that would fall directly on Lick and should be something he is accountable for...i don't think he should get a pass of any kind if either of those 2 leave.

Don't get me wrong Stormin...I understand what your saying. If your scenario is true I have no problems with it. However, if Lick is just not giving him PT and Tucker decides he has had enough do we consider it a defection? :confused:

Cmon loess....you have to look at what is most probable here don't you?

The main thing you have to look at is this.....AT wasn't playing and he technically was "eligible" to play. So that can only mean one thing, he hadn't been deemed fit to play yet by the coaches for whatever reason. Can we agree on that?

So if we agree that him sitting is still a form of discipline/gaining trust back, there's one thing that is fairly obvious....AT didn't want to have ANY part of that. So who knows what the "program" was for getting back into the good graces that Stormin eluded to because we have no idea what it was. But it was something. And AT didn't want to do it.

So if you want to call it a defection.....fine. But I don't think its fair then to say that this just is another black eye for Lickliter just because he was one of HIS guys. This all falls squarely on AT and no one else. The only way this would be on Lick is if there had been no other issues and AT decided to just up and leave. THEN you can "blame" if thats what you want to call it, it on Lickliter. But, unfortunately for AT it was a LOT more than that and you and I both know it.
________
HOT GIRLS LIVE

Last edited:
I guess my biggest issue is if Lick never intended on playing him why even let him dress for the games....

Nobody will really know what was said between the 2 most likely...so really can't tell if he is leaving because of not getting to play since he started to dress or what...Don't like the fact another of Lick's players is leaving the team, but it is what it is.

For all intents and purposes, Tucker was available. We don't know if Lickliter would play him or not.

Whatever the reason Anthony is not happy with what is in front of him at Iowa.

I don't think anyone can put this one on Lickliter. He's been more than fair to Tuck, IMO.

Loesshills:

I think most of us can/should look at each situation individually and evaluate it for what it is... I don't have any need to treat this as a black or white it's licks fault it's tuckers fault type of thing....

Lick handled this with class from the get go, he made it clear that his biggest priority was making sure Tucker got his life together for his future and basketball had little to do with that.

As a society we do far to much "Blamestorming"...

I guess I would also have issues if Brommer and Archie both left to...that would fall directly on Lick and should be something he is accountable for...i don't think he should get a pass of any kind if either of those 2 leave.

I am not saying either would leave, but I could see reasons why they might. However, Brommer has picked up playing time as the year has gone on and Archie seems very excited to be a Hawkeye with his expressions and enthusiasm on the bench, so I think both are solid. I wanted Tucker back, but I am not surprised to see him go, nor will I blame Lick for it.

For all intents and purposes, Tucker was available. We don't know if Lickliter would play him or not.

Whatever the reason Anthony is not happy with what is in front of him at Iowa.

I don't think anyone can put this one on Lickliter. He's been more than fair to Tuck, IMO.

It is impossible for anyone to know whose fault this is. Its entirely possible that Lick told tucker he would be playing by now and changed his mind. I'm not saying i think thats true just pointing out the fact that no one on this board knows what was said between the two

We will never know who is more to blame for this

No matter who is at fault any defections or transfers at this point is not good

The chance we add another player to the 2010 class is slim to none. I could see possibly adding a JUCO player if there was a perfect fit somewhere but to hand out 5 schollies in one year really ties your hand and puts you in a big hole when they all graduate together.... of course the way things have been going lately 3 out of the 5 won't see thier senior years anyway...

Lickliter and Iowa gave Tucker another chance. And they showed they put anthony's well being ahea of his basketball talents that could help them win games. I have a grea deal of respect for that and I applaud Todd for how he handled this

The chance we add another player to the 2010 class is slim to none. I could see possibly adding a JUCO player if there was a perfect fit somewhere but to hand out 5 schollies in one year really ties your hand and puts you in a big hole when they all graduate together.... of course the way things have been going lately 3 out of the 5 won't see thier senior years anyway...
There are quite a few 2010 recruits still out there.
K Williams is one. Now I don't know how that plays into Iowa's hand. I've been wary of Iowa bringing him in because of some past situations he has had, but if Iowa needs a PG to help out - Payne and Williams would be a good duo in the backcourt.

There are other unsigned JUCO PGs out there too.

Or, Iowa uses it for Jake Kelly or another 2011 recruit.

But going JUCO the Kelly route would be like replacing Tucker's schollie in the rotation and wouldn't make it a 2010 heavy class.

Lickliter and Iowa gave Tucker another chance. And they showed they put anthony's well being ahea of his basketball talents that could help them win games. I have a grea deal of respect for that and I applaud Todd for how he handled this

^^^

This.

And I am one of the biggest Tucker homer around. I really wanted him to succeed at Iowa, but it just wasn't going to happen.