Tucker released from University of Iowa

Oh well, just another transfer and this one is no big deal just like the other ones.

In truthfulness he has not played in all that many games and only a handful of Big 10 games.

It will be interesting to see how the scholarship is used. Hopefully not for another another 6 6 or 6 7 wing player.

Over at HaLo - this pic cracked me up.

lolbuilder.aspx

Hawkeye Lounge - View Single Post - Tucker

Ok guys most have said they wanted Anthony back on the team. I have said since his latest trangression Lick should of sacked up and said see ya. I now consider this a defection. If Lick had booted him that means Lick says you screwed up once too many times for me and your teammates. Now it looks like Lick wanted him back but Tucker is leaving because of coaches, etc....so is this enough to make the backers say enough is enough??? He is one of Lick's guys!

Ok guys most have said they wanted Anthony back on the team. I have said since his latest trangression Lick should of sacked up and said see ya. I now consider this a defection. If Lick had booted him that means Lick says you screwed up once too many times for me and your teammates. Now it looks like Lick wanted him back but Tucker is leaving because of coaches, etc....so is this enough to make the backers say enough is enough??? He is one of Lick's guys!

It's not as simple as that - there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes.

What if - just an example - Lickliter set up a program to get Tucker back on the team, back practicing, and back in the game. Tuck didn't want to do what Coach put out before him. That's on Lickliter? I can't see how that is. The only true issue with Lickliter would be bringing in Tucker in the first place, which I had no issue with. I really thought Anthony would do well at Iowa.

I see this more as a mutual agreement for both parties to move on.

Right. Like Minnesota needs Tucker. They didn't recruit him originally. Why would they be after him now? Tubby has done nothing to warrant that type of comment. He is very above board.

It's not as simple as that - there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes.

What if - just an example - Lickliter set up a program to get Tucker back on the team, back practicing, and back in the game. Tuck didn't want to do what Coach put out before him. That's on Lickliter? I can't see how that is. The only true issue with Lickliter would be bringing in Tucker in the first place, which I had no issue with. I really thought Anthony would do well at Iowa.

I see this more as a mutual agreement for both parties to move on.
Don't get me wrong Stormin...I understand what your saying. If your scenario is true I have no problems with it. However, if Lick is just not giving him PT and Tucker decides he has had enough do we consider it a defection? :confused:

I think Tucker worked hard to earn his spot on the bench and there is no way I blame the coach for that.

Don't get me wrong Stormin...I understand what your saying. If your scenario is true I have no problems with it. However, if Lick is just not giving him PT and Tucker decides he has had enough do we consider it a defection? :confused:

Come on, you really think that Lick thinks that his kid should get PT over Tucker. Go back to the and 1 on Cole towards the end of the game. After that they showed the bench. Everyone was on their feet going crazy in excitement, Tucker on the other hand was standing with a golf clap and a frown on his face. He had checked out...

ANTHONY TUCKER GRANTED RELEASE FROM SCHOLARSHIP

IOWA CITY – University of Iowa sophomore guard Anthony Tucker has asked for and been granted a release from his scholarship, Head Men’s Basketball Coach Todd Lickliter announced Friday.

A Minnetonka, MN native, Tucker played and in first 11 games this season. In his two years with the Hawkeyes, Tucker saw action in 25 games, with 19 starts, averaging 11 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.6 assists.

Iowa returns to action Saturday when the Hawkeyes travel to West Lafayette, IN, to face sixth-ranked Purdue. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:36 p.m. (CST) in Mackey Arena.

Unbelievable

Kudos to the OP

I am in the camp that this is not a good thing - whatever the reason, any player leaving is not a good thing

Latest posts