Tucker released from University of Iowa

No it sounds like a kid that knew he wasn't going to see any game experience and he was mocking him. Call it what you want, he met every criteria that was put in front of him and still didn't play. The writing was on the wall, I didn't think he was going to announce his leaving until the end of the season but we are at the time when scholarships and recruiting start to get taken up and he decided to jump before all of the good opportunities were gone.

Do you have inside information knowing that AT met all the criteria that Lick put in front of him? If not then stop blowing smoke....

No it sounds like a kid that knew he wasn't going to see any game experience and he was mocking him. Call it what you want, he met every criteria that was put in front of him and still didn't play. The writing was on the wall, I didn't think he was going to announce his leaving until the end of the season but we are at the time when scholarships and recruiting start to get taken up and he decided to jump before all of the good opportunities were gone.

He met the UNIVERSITY'S criteria. Not the coaches. BIG difference.

A player can miss multiple practices and still be eligible by University standards. One would hope you can see that there are higher standards that need to be in place.
________
Zoloft Side Effects

Last edited:
Now that he is gone, I am finally comfortable asking, and keep in mind, this is just out of curiosity, but what ethnicity was Tucker? The only clue I have is that his behavior leads me to believe he is a fellow Irishman.

Now that he is gone, I am finally comfortable asking, and keep in mind, this is just out of curiosity, but what ethnicity was Tucker? The only clue I have is that his behavior leads me to believe he is a fellow Irishman.

thats_racist.gif

He met the UNIVERSITY'S criteria. Not the coaches. BIG difference.

A player can miss multiple practices and still be eligible by University standards. One would hope you can see that there are higher standards that need to be in place.

Ah yes the Norman Dale style of coaching. We are well aware of this style and how it has seemed to work out at Iowa.

Why don't you take a look around (I'm sure you do but meant more as a rhetorical statement) at some of the 'better' programs throughout the country. Kids get in trouble, serve a suspension, and get back their PT almost without missing a beat. I can give you hundreds of examples of kids at Top 50 programs that commit more violent and atrocious acts and receive far less punishment.

Ah yes the Norman Dale style of coaching. We are well aware of this style and how it has seemed to work out at Iowa.

Why don't you take a look around (I'm sure you do but meant more as a rhetorical statement) at some of the 'better' programs throughout the country. Kids get in trouble, serve a suspension, and get back their PT almost without missing a beat. I can give you hundreds of examples of kids at Top 50 programs that commit more violent and atrocious acts and receive far less punishment.

I don't want to have one of the "better programs" in the country if it means that we do everything we can within the rules to win as many games as possible regardless of the consequences.

I'd much rather have a losing program under Coach Lickliter that does the right thing regardless of it's impact on the court than I would a winning program like Bob Huggins in Cinicnati that failed to graduate a single player in the time he was there.

You're ignoring the simple fact that this wasn't his first transgression.
________
Live Sex

Last edited:
First off, all hail the OP!!!

I also think Lick handled this perfectly. I wish Tucker nothing but the best. And I think this can be a good thing for Iowa basketball. If we can land a quality PG, I think Iowa could make some strides next season.

Lick said in his press conference that he still hasn't decided if he was going to sign a player to fill the spot or if he was going to hold it for the following season.

Latest posts