Tracking 2015 Class Offers

With Chris Clark's commitment to Michigan and David Edwards' commitment to Wisconsin, Iowa has now struck out on TEs they are actively recruiting. I find that especially interesting in light of the fact that Iowa didn't really recruit any TEs last year and only grabbed one (Jon Wisnieski) in 2013.

I know this has been out there as the most likely scenario for a while now, but I think it seems more and more obvious that Iowa intends to play Drew Cook at TE.

I still am somewhat dumbfounded with all these blue-chippers mentality towards UM. They haven't really been relavent in the last 10 years and still pull the top level recruits. Granted I'm not saying that Iowa should/would be getting these commmits but I don't think that Michigan is poised to take that next step forward in the coming years.
Brady Hoke is becoming the epitome of doing less with more.

Last edited:
Interesting Darrell Miller related news: two of his high school teammates, including the #1 WR in the country, committed to Texas A&M today. Miller doesn't currently have a Texas A&M offer, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Aggies became Miller's favorites when/if they offer.

Boo. We need to start beating teams like Wisconsin and Nebraska every now and then in recruiting.

Those not too distant down years on the field have had a residual effect on the recruiting trails for Iowa in my opinion.

I keep looking at WI and the Andersen hire. Alvarez made a good decision with this guy and knew the growing importance and changing backdrop in the recruiting world when he hired him. Andersen came with a strong recruiting resume. He believed WI could recruit nationally and they are now showing it with 15 recruits from 10 different states in this year's growing class. 247 now has them 14th nationally and 2nd in the BIG only behind PSU thus far.

Two of the newest coaches in the BIG (WI & PSU) come in and make some noise on the recruiting front with new staffs, new connections, and new approaches.

Jaelan Austin also said "Iowa is right there". He also said he plans to visit Iowa. Both statements on twitter today also.

Quick rundown of the guys that are reportedly visiting Iowa this weekend. This is an incomplete list, but I'll add to it as I see/hear more.

DT Raequan Williams
RB Divine Ozigbo
RB Aca'Cedric Ware
FB Dean Arendt (No Current Offer)
LB Justin Jinning
WR Adrian Falconer

Also, these currently committed Hawkeyes will be (or already are) on campus:
ATH Drew Cook (Link is to a Rivals free article/video in which Cook talks about this weekend and about playing basketball in the Prime Time League).
OL/DL Jacob Newborg
OL Landan Paulsen
OL/DL Brett Waechter
LB Jack Hockaday
OL Levi Paulsen

Iowa has already landed a commitment from Adrian Falconer this weekend. If you read into this tweet from Bobby Kennedy, it sounds like there might be more news on the way.

[tweet]480445249668403200[/tweet]

Jumper, Do you know anything about Justin Jinning? αγάπη@J_Dvon1223

No more than what you've already posted. He claims that he has "verbally" committed, but his mom wants him to wait before he makes it "official." Sounds like he wants to be a Hawkeye but his mom wants him to wait until he gets home to Texas (AKA away from Iowa's campus) and sleeps on it before he truly commits.

Quick rundown of the guys that are reportedly visiting Iowa this weekend. This is an incomplete list, but I'll add to it as I see/hear more.

DT Raequan Williams
RB Divine Ozigbo
RB Aca'Cedric Ware
FB Dean Arendt (No Current Offer)
LB Justin Jinning
WR Adrian Falconer

Also, these currently committed Hawkeyes will be (or already are) on campus:
ATH Drew Cook (Link is to a Rivals free article/video in which Cook talks about this weekend and about playing basketball in the Prime Time League).
OL/DL Jacob Newborg
OL Landan Paulsen
OL/DL Brett Waechter
LB Jack Hockaday
OL Levi Paulsen

You know, jumper, I watched Aca'cedric Ware's youtube yesterday and Devine Ozigbo's this morning. First of all, I want us to get both. But if we can only get 1, I would like us to get Ozigbo. While it looks like Ware has more top end speed and has more power, Ozigbo definitely has better ability to jump-cut and make multiple changes of direction, quickly and in traffic. He also has good speed and, while not a power back, he looks to be a tough runner that doesn't go down on first contact. What do you think?

Latest posts