Tracking 2015 Class Offers

Jashon Cornell cut his list to 7.

Iowa not included among PSU, Mich State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, and UCLA.

Here's hoping he heads west or south.

I've read that Iowa was basically out after Eric Johnson left the staff. Apparently Cornell had a pretty solid relationship with Johnson and was not pleased when he quit.

It looks like Iowa is an early leader from RB Markeis Hallback. Hallback's recruitment has really heated up in the last few weeks, and he now has listed offers from Iowa, Duke, UVA, and several small schools. Hallback is from the Lake Okeechobee area of central Florida, an area that produces more NFL talent per capita than anywhere else in America.

Hallback's Hudl Film

[tweet]473859780738420736[/tweet]

It looks like Iowa is an early leader from RB Markeis Hallback. Hallback's recruitment has really heated up in the last few weeks, and he now has listed offers from Iowa, Duke, UVA, and several small schools. Hallback is from the Lake Okeechobee area of central Florida, an area that produces more NFL talent per capita than anywhere else in America.

Hallback's Hudl Film

[tweet]473859780738420736[/tweet]

I like this kids instincts on offense, better than what he shows on defense. This kid looks like a legit D1 rb and has speed and very good latteral ability with quick feet. He looks to be a decisive runner.

4-star OL Matthew Burrell:

BpVA7Z_CAAAgwnZ.jpg

I had a dream that he committed while he was In Iowa City. He came with to move his brother in, and fell in love with I C. He then stopped all of recruiting by saying all other visits are off. I kid, but I sure hope that Kirk and the gang are up to showing him one hell of a weekend. I say we have a 33 percent chance of landing him. Equal with OSU and ND. How could you not want to play with your brother. Even with sibling rivalry, the opportunity to play together is an amazing life long shared experience. I feel that if they don't play together, they probably won't want to play against each other. This even makes me lean a little further from OSU.

Rivals has a paid article about elite DE Jashon Cornell. Here's what the free snippet says:

A recent story in a Pennsylvania newspaper suggested that Iowa was on the outside looking in for 2015 four star prospect Jashon Cornell. On Friday at the Rivals Five-Star Challenge in Baltimore, Cornell set the record straight and it was promising news for Hawkeye fans.

[tweet]475092925102034944[/tweet]

Sounds like OL Bryce Meeker has committed to Iowa State. He was long thought to be an Iowa-lean, but the Hawkeyes never offered. ISU offered after he camped with the Cyclones this past week.

[tweet]476017431626797056[/tweet]

Sounds like OL Bryce Meeker has committed to Iowa State. He was long thought to be an Iowa-lean, but the Hawkeyes never offered. ISU offered after he camped with the Cyclones this past week.

[tweet]476017431626797056[/tweet]

Jumper...any idea why we wouldn't offer? Is it because we have several OL recruits already in that class?

Jumper...any idea why we wouldn't offer? Is it because we have several OL recruits already in that class?

My guess is that it was a numbers thing. Iowa already has 2 certain OL in this class, Newborg might play OL, they had 3 in 2014 class (LeGrand, Render, Reynolds), and they had 3 (Goebel, Welsh, Boettger) in the '13 class. Additionally, Iowa is still recruiting several other highly-rated OL (James Daniels, others).

As much as Iowa has seen Meeker in camps, on film, and in person, I imagine that there was no one in this entire recruiting class that they knew more about. I think they still might offer (December/January/February), but the fact that they haven't yet is pretty telling, especially since he plays a position that Iowa tends to evaluate very, very well.

We already have the Paulsen twins and Newborg. The coaches have seen Meeker many times over the last year and obviously didn't think he was scholarship material.

It'll be interesting to see Rivals scores once updates hit this summer for the 2015 class.

I have a feeling we'll be looking at a different rankings order in Iowa/significantly different scores more in line w/ 247.

It'll be interesting to see Rivals scores once updates hit this summer for the 2015 class.

I have a feeling we'll be looking at a different rankings order in Iowa/significantly different scores more in line w/ 247.

Agreed. The twins should be ranked much higher

On another note...ESPN has Drew Cook in their top 300 and now is a 4*

My guess is that it was a numbers thing. Iowa already has 2 certain OL in this class, Newborg might play OL, they had 3 in 2014 class (LeGrand, Render, Reynolds), and they had 3 (Goebel, Welsh, Boettger) in the '13 class. Additionally, Iowa is still recruiting several other highly-rated OL (James Daniels, others).

As much as Iowa has seen Meeker in camps, on film, and in person, I imagine that there was no one in this entire recruiting class that they knew more about. I think they still might offer (December/January/February), but the fact that they haven't yet is pretty telling, especially since he plays a position that Iowa tends to evaluate very, very well.

I would think this has to be the case, and the staff just has him down the totem pole as far as OL recruits they are still after. Projecting a kid can be so subjective, but I totally the Iowa coaches know how to evaluate OL for sure.

One more thing I'll add to the Meeker discussion:

I'm pretty sure there are guys that Iowa is recruiting as OL that other teams and/or recruiting services have listed at other positions. David Edwards is probably the top guy on that list.

Sounds like several players from Cedar Hill HS (suburban Dallas) were on Iowa's campus for a visit yesterday. Cedar Hill is the #1 team in the nation in the MaxPreps preseason Top-25. The most notable is 3-star CB recruit Darrell Miller.

[tweet]476086077782904833[/tweet]

Latest posts