Tracking 2015 Class Offers

[tweet]487677444300607488[/tweet]
If we could somehow pull off getting Murphy and Ozigbo, watch out! I really like both backs. They are both bigger, but play different. I blieve it is 24/7 has Ozigbo at 5'-11" and 240 and Murphy at 6'-1" and about 220. What a haul this would be.

Not the best news here. Andrew Kulha, the Iowa insider on 247Sports.com, is predicting that RB Devine Ozigbo will pick Iowa State over Iowa and Boise State.

[tweet]490984199315156993[/tweet]

That's lame. Are we really that deep at RB to scare him off to ISU?

I think Markel Smith's "delayed arrival" combined with ISU's vow to make Ozigbo their only RB in this class may have really hurt Iowa's chances with him. Losing Oz really puts the pressure on the Iowa coaching staff to make sure that Markel ends up in IC in January.

I think Markel Smith's "delayed arrival" combined with ISU's vow to make Ozigbo their only RB in this class may have really hurt Iowa's chances with him. Losing Oz really puts the pressure on the Iowa coaching staff to make sure that Markel ends up in IC in January.

Jumper, how do we sit with Aca'cedric Ware? I think he has a much, much better offer list if I remember right. Do we have a realistic shot at him?

Jumper, how do we sit with Aca'cedric Ware? I think he has a much, much better offer list if I remember right. Do we have a realistic shot at him?

Ware does have a great offer list, but one thing to wonder is how many of his biggest offers (OU, USC, Ohio State, etc) are legit? Here's why I ask that--Ware plays on the best high school football team in the country. There are at least a doezen Big Ten-caliber upperclassmen on his team. A lot of teams will "offer" a guy who is a borderline talent in order to entice the guy's teammates. Maybe in Ware's case, some of his "offers" might not be there if he wasn't teammates with the #1 WR in the country? This is purely speculation and is not meant to disrespect the young man.

All that said, I've read that Ware wants to wait a lot longer to make a college decision. He wants to make the right choice and does not want to have to decommit later on. I believe Iowa will be in it until the end and will get an official visit from Ware. I think that if he had to choose today, he would pick Iowa, but there it's a long time until signing day and there's a long time for that to change.

Iowa has made the top-5 of CB Darrell Miller of Cedar Hill, TX. Miller is a teammate of Aca'Cedric Ware.

[tweet]480859566746238977[/tweet]

Just wanted to note that Darrell Miller committed to Tennessee this weekend. That's a pretty big blow, as he was probably Iowa's #1 CB target at this point.

Just wanted to note that Darrell Miller committed to Tennessee this weekend. That's a pretty big blow, as he was probably Iowa's #1 CB target at this point.

If I'm reading that right, Iowa was fourth on his list of schools, so not sure they had a shot anyway

All that said, I've read that Ware wants to wait a lot longer to make a college decision. He wants to make the right choice and does not want to have to decommit later on. I believe Iowa will be in it until the end and will get an official visit from Ware. I think that if he had to choose today, he would pick Iowa, but there it's a long time until signing day and there's a long time for that to change.

When I said this last night, I really believed that it was the case. I really believed that Ware was going to wait until after he took his OVs to make a decision. Alas. . .

[tweet]491351449184382976[/tweet]

When I said this last night, I really believed that it was the case. I really believed that Ware was going to wait until after he took his OVs to make a decision. Alas. . .

[tweet]491351449184382976[/tweet]

Oh wow. Has he been to Iowa City, do we have a shot at him?

Sorry if this has been discussed before (too lazy to scan entire thread), but the current list of offers seems a little unusual. I count 40 players with offers, but only 6 of those are in the Midwest or traditional Big10 area. Not sure what it means, but I thought it was interesting. Is there a strategy to lock up the Iowa/Midwest players early and then have a more speculative, national approach for the last few signed recruits?

Sorry if this has been discussed before (too lazy to scan entire thread), but the current list of offers seems a little unusual. I count 40 players with offers, but only 6 of those are in the Midwest or traditional Big10 area. Not sure what it means, but I thought it was interesting. Is there a strategy to lock up the Iowa/Midwest players early and then have a more speculative, national approach for the last few signed recruits?

That is not a bad approach. Build a strong foundation to the class from guys you like that are geographically close, especially projectable kids at TE, LB, and the lines. Kids from the surrounding states tend to have a lower bust rate.

Then cast a wider net to try and cherry pick some skill talent/high-end from a more national pool of players.

Latest posts