Tracking 2014 Class Offers

I don't think ISU is any worry here with Young.

Louisville and Ole Miss? Certainly.

I wouldn't say "any worry" considering they were a runner-up originally and he is now reportedly going to take a visit there soon. ISU has been in the race nearly as long as Iowa. He certainly isn't taking a trip to Ames to enjoy the weather.

“It was real close between Iowa and Iowa State,â€￾ Young told the Register when committing to Iowa last June. “I just went with what I felt was best for me.â€￾

I wouldn't say "any worry" considering they were a runner-up originally and he is now reportedly going to take a visit there soon. ISU has been in the race nearly as long as Iowa. He certainly isn't taking a trip to Ames to enjoy the weather.

“It was real close between Iowa and Iowa State,” Young told the Register when committing to Iowa last June. “I just went with what I felt was best for me.”

That leads me to wonder what Young did when Iowa pulled it's offer. I mean if it were me, I'd call up my 2nd and 3rd choices, and say, Hey, I'm availalbe. I would bet that ISU and others then said "Pass" as well as Iowa at that point.

I'm pretty dense, but why is this a violation/ Because Wimberly is on the team. Not allowed to tweet recruits when you are on the team?

I'm pretty dense, but why is this a violation/ Because Wimberly is on the team. Not allowed to tweet recruits when you are on the team?

Current coaches and players aren't allowed to publicly comment about recruits, and tweeting @ a recruit is considered a public comment. It's a pretty minor infraction in the long run, and I doubt Wimberly even knows it's a against the rules. I just like to pick on the Cyclones when I can.

“It was real close between Iowa and Iowa State,” Young told the Register when committing to Iowa last June. “I just went with what I felt was best for me.”

Runner up doesn't mean much because he barely had any offers...

Current coaches and players aren't allowed to publicly comment about recruits, and tweeting @ a recruit is considered a public comment. It's a pretty minor infraction in the long run, and I doubt Wimberly even knows it's a against the rules. I just like to pick on the Cyclones when I can.

I knew the coaches couldn't comment, did not know players couldn't at least communicate (well I guess publicly makes sense though). Thanks.

I knew the coaches couldn't comment, did not know players couldn't at least communicate (well I guess publicly makes sense though). Thanks.

The way I understand it is current players can communicate with the recruit through social media but can not make any mention of the recruit and any potential connection to the school. Could be wrong though.

I trust then that you 'retweeted' this tweet to the NCAA.....

Adonis Jennings "looking to visit" Arkansas in January.

I think we better reach deeper into the cookie jar which we normally do this time of year.

Per online sources, Trevon Young committed to Louisville (Might've been added in other threads, but just adding for consistency of this main thread).

Also it sounds like Torey Hendrick is one credit hour short. Meaning he cannot enroll for Spring Semester.
Must wait for summer before he can sign.

It's weird that Iowa is seeing little to no momentum from going 8-4 and beating UM and Nebby back to back to close out the season. This years recruiting class is limping to the finish line.

It's weird that Iowa is seeing little to no momentum from going 8-4 and beating UM and Nebby back to back to close out the season. This years recruiting class is limping to the finish line.

That's actually not weird at all. We've seen before that the current or most recent year's record generally has little effect on the current class. It's generally a better show for the NEXT class. Sustained successes and improvement will drive recruiting. Not just one year.

And "limping"? :rolleyes:

That's actually not weird at all. We've seen before that the current or most recent year's record generally has little effect on the current class. It's generally a better show for the NEXT class. Sustained successes and improvement will drive recruiting. Not just one year.

And "limping"? :rolleyes:

Yes, limping. Three weeks ago we were all excited by the prospect of getting Wiegers and Jennings and recently it looked like we were in a favorable spot to get Young. Unfortunately so far it looks like two of those three aren't coming with the third having some questions marks. Young goes to L'Ville, Jennings keeps taking more visits which basically tells me he wasn't that thrilled with what he saw in Iowa, and Wiegers is now going to get the full court press from home state school MSU which just so happens to be BoneG champs headed to Pasadena. I will be floored if we get one of those two. On top of that, Outsey is also getting some love from Dantonio. I haven't seen any good news in weeks on the recruiting side of things and I'm sorry, getting a commitment from an in state kid who no other BCS school is looking at doesn't count. Since the season ended ISU has pulled in roughly five or six kids, many in positions of need. We have a gaping hole at DE thus we can sell immediate starting time and we are still whiffing on kids.

Yes, limping. Three weeks ago we were all excited by the prospect of getting Wiegers and Jennings and recently it looked like we were in a favorable spot to get Young. Unfortunately so far it looks like two of those three aren't coming with the third having some questions marks. Young goes to L'Ville, Jennings keeps taking more visits which basically tells me he wasn't that thrilled with what he saw in Iowa, and Wiegers is now going to get the full court press from home state school MSU which just so happens to be BoneG champs headed to Pasadena. I will be floored if we get one of those two. On top of that, Outsey is also getting some love from Dantonio. I haven't seen any good news in weeks on the recruiting side of things and I'm sorry, getting a commitment from an in state kid who no other BCS school is looking at doesn't count. Since the season ended ISU has pulled in roughly five or six kids, many in positions of need. We have a gaping hole at DE thus we can sell immediate starting time and we are still whiffing on kids.

If Iowa signed those 6 kids that you are talking about would you be happy? Look at their recruiting profiles and tell me you'd be thrilled.

We do no have a gaping hole at DE. We could use an edge rusher, but if you think Young was gonna come in and start at 230 pounds you've lost your damn mind.

When you have maybe 4 scholarship offers to give and you can afford to be picky. Calm down, it's much too early to be panicking.

I don't think we were ever leading for Young.

Ugh.. wall of text. Not worth reading from you. From others in the thread, sure. But not from you.

That said, there is something fascinating about a grown man panicking about recruiting standing still.. not really losing kids or commits mind you.. but about nothing happening. It's kinda like watching a slow train wreck.

Last edited:
I don't think we were ever leading for Young.

Ugh.. wall of text. Not worth reading from you. From others in the thread, sure. But not from you.

That said, there is something fascinating about a grown man panicking about recruiting standing still.. not really losing kids or commits mind you.. but about nothing happening. It's kinda like watching a slow train wreck.

I was invoking simple banter in regards to recruiting. Do you stoop to personal attacks when debating in real life or is this just an internet thing?

Latest posts