Tracking 2014 Class Offers

Hendrix is Tennessee's 28th(!) commitment in this class.

they aren't stopping there! just need to cut some injured dude to make room.

this is the ultimate edge that the SEC has. oversigning allows you to cut players that just aren't performing to their 5 star level and automatically fill that spot with another kid. sign 30 every year, and just cut the underachievers.

Just wanted to pass along a tweet from WR target Adonis Jennings, who visited IC for the Wisconsin game and visited Pitt this weekend for their game with ND:

"Rutgers fans thanks for the love & support but I have officially Decommitted from Rutgers University."
--@All_Eyes_On_18

It's being reported that Rutgers may have resinded his offer in light of his visits elsewhere.

There's been a lot of Iowa recruiting news this bye week, but I haven't had time to pass it all along. I'm hoping to make time sometime in the next couple of days.

However, this is one interesting piece of info I wanted to pass along.

From the official Iowa Western football Twitter account:

"Defensive End Trevon Young has been offered by Louisville. 4/3 Qualifier that will blow up in the next two weeks! #dontbelatetotheparty"

I'm hopeful that Iowa will re-recruit Trevon.

Iowa looks like they are getting agressive with recruiting lately going after committed guys and recruiting in areas they don't normally go like Alabama and Georgia

There's been a lot of Iowa recruiting news this bye week, but I haven't had time to pass it all along. I'm hoping to make time sometime in the next couple of days.

However, this is one interesting piece of info I wanted to pass along.

From the official Iowa Western football Twitter account:

"Defensive End Trevon Young has been offered by Louisville. 4/3 Qualifier that will blow up in the next two weeks! #dontbelatetotheparty"

I'm hopeful that Iowa will re-recruit Trevon.

I too hope they go after Trevon. Hope he has grown up a bit. Also hope they can snag the JC DE.

3/4 star OT Brian Wallace will be visiting for the Michigan game this weekend. He has other visits scheduled to Mizzou and Arkansas.

Brian Wallace, Tyler Wiegers, and maybe Adonis Jennings?

Plus Torey Hendrick?

Man, we may not get them all or any of them.. but it's really nice to see we're very competitive and active late in the game plus being aggressive out there.

All 7 Picks on the 247 Crystal Ball for Tyler Wiegers over to Iowa (100%)

Adonis Jennings still heavily in Pitt territory.

Brian Wallace still standing at about a 2-to-1 odds @ Iowa.

As promised, here is a big update of things that have been going on in Iowa recruiting the past couple weeks. A lot of it has been talked about here and elsewhere, so forgive me if some of it is redundant.

-4-star QB Tyler Wiegers has de-committed from Rutgers and will visit Iowa this weekend.
-4-star OL Brian Wallace will visit Iowa this weekend.
-RB Chris James has committed to Pittsburgh.
-LB Brandon Lee has committed to Mizzou.
-One-time Iowa commit Trevon Young has committed to Western Michigan. He is expected to transfer from Iowa Western CC in December, and don't be surprised if he ends up flipping from WMU to a BCS-conference school.
-OL Lukayas McNeil has committed to Louisville.
-DE Justin Hollins, who Iowa was probably not a serious player for, has committed to Oregon.
-Iowa has offered:
--OL Chukwuma Okorafor [Detroit Area], currently a Western Michigan commit.
--Scout is reporting that Iowa has offered OLB DeMarques Gates [Atlanta Area], an Ole Miss commit.

Question: Trevon Young only 1 year @ CC, yes?

Is he allowed to transfer this year because he DID qualify originally?

Does he hold an Iowa offer currently or is this unknown?

Also see he holds a Louisville offer and is visiting the Hoosiers in the coming weeks.

Question: Trevon Young only 1 year @ CC, yes?

Is he allowed to transfer this year because he DID qualify originally?

Does he hold an Iowa offer currently or is this unknown?

Also see he holds a Louisville offer and is visiting the Hoosiers in the coming weeks.

-Young was a qualifier out of high school, so he was eligible to play D1 football right away; therefore, he is allowed to spend just this one semester at IWCC and transfer for the spring semester.

-I'm not certain if he holds an Iowa offer right now, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't. Rivals lists an Iowa offer, but 247Sports does not. Additionally, the Iowa Western football Twitter account often announces when a player receives a new offer, but they have not announced an Iowa offer for Young at this point.

Quick update on QB Tyler Wiegers:
247Sports analyst Todd Worly has now predicted that Iowa will land Wiegers' commitment. Based on Worly's track record (20 out of 23 correct, only missed on one Iowa prediction), it seems like a pretty sure thing that Wiegers will commit to Iowa sometime soon.

Sounds like Reese Morgan is visiting IWCC today.. wonder who he is visiting.. Trevon Young??

He committed to Western Mich and then decommitted 10 days later.

Coaches will be bumping into each other at IWCC today as reports of TCU, IA, and ARK all visiting today. Bielema himself making an appearance. This is the time of the year when back up plans evolve more so when certain preferred targets are still unsure or maybe developing a late relationship with another program.......all with the clock now clicking a bit louder.

Sounds like Young is being courted by several noted programs now in the later innings. We could use a couple more OL as well as a DE. Don't know if IWCC has much to offer with OL but we did go there for Eric Simmons a couple year's ago and that's right up Morgan's alley.

Coaches will be bumping into each other at IWCC today as reports of TCU, IA, and ARK all visiting today. Bielema himself making an appearance. This is the time of the year when back up plans evolve more so when certain preferred targets are still unsure or maybe developing a late relationship with another program.......all with the clock now clicking a bit louder.

Sounds like Young is being courted by several noted programs now in the later innings. We could use a couple more OL as well as a DE. Don't know if IWCC has much to offer with OL but we did go there for Eric Simmons a couple year's ago and that's right up Morgan's alley.

We're getting pretty close to the Juco signing deadline I think, which is why the coaches are targeting those players right now.

Latest posts