Tracking 2014 Class Offers

Trevon Young = better prospect than Torey Hendrick.. but with his legal issues baggage?

hudl highlights leave me a bit more impressed with Hendrick

Last edited:
Pretty good size. Sounds like he reaffirmed that he was a solid verbal to Western Michigan, but he is strongly considering flipping to Iowa. Do you think this means we missed out on Brian Wallace?

Brian Wallace recently gained HUGE on rivals (2-3 point bump, into the Rivals 250 @ 136).

He's got several suitors, and we're certainly still in the mix. But his timeline has been extended.. he's going to surely take his Ark and Bama visits. We're still there.. but you don't know how that'll play out.

Iowa is considered one of the leaders to sign high school senior quarterback Tyler Wiegers, who attends Country Day High School in Detroit. The 6'4" 215 lb. Wiegers already has visited Iowa and is expected to visit Penn before making a decision. He was previously committed to Rutgers.

Wiegers will sign his letter of intent this coming February. Iowa currently has 17 players committed to the 2014 class, all of whom are high school seniors.

That includes Jay Scheel, who starred as a dual-threat quarterback @ Union High School in LaPorte City.

Scheel is being recruited as an athlete and likely will play receiver @ Iowa, but could get a look @ quarterback.

The Iowa football program still doesn't have a quarterback in its 2014 recruiting class.

Iowa bumped up to WARMER on 247sports for Trevon Young along with Louisville and Ole Miss.

All other schools (including Arkansas, other B1G programs) appear out of it.

Yep, reports are saying Iowa took a big step forward with Young today. They are trying to get him on campus one last time before he makes a decision.

I'll take recruiting violations for 100, Alex.

1180165.JPG

Sounds like ISU is going to get a visit out of him. Late push by Iowa makes me wonder if Torey Hendrick is sending mixed signals lately.

He reportedly has agreed to an ISU visit but hasn't yet done the same with Iowa......doesn't sound like he's anxious to become a Hawkeye yet.

I'll take recruiting violations for 100, Alex.

1180165.JPG

LOL! Or he could come play for the Big Ten's best returning DL and a team coming off an Outback Bowl. 3-9 and worst defense in the Big 12 or 8-4 and an Outback Bowl team and big expectations for 2014? Hmmmmm...

Of course CPR will sell him being on YouTube videos. Kirk can sell him on winning games.

I don't think ISU is any worry here with Young.

Louisville and Ole Miss? Certainly.
I don't know, did you see the post game press conference after the Texas game? Or the post game locker room speech after the WVU game? I hear these speeches are worth at least 30 spots in recruiting rankings.

Sounds like ISU is going to get a visit out of him. Late push by Iowa makes me wonder if Torey Hendrick is sending mixed signals lately.

He reportedly has agreed to an ISU visit but hasn't yet done the same with Iowa......doesn't sound like he's anxious to become a Hawkeye yet.

LOL! Or he could come play for the Big Ten's best returning DL and a team coming off an Outback Bowl. 3-9 and worst defense in the Big 12 or 8-4 and an Outback Bowl team and big expectations for 2014? Hmmmmm...

Of course CPR will sell him being on YouTube videos. Kirk can sell him on winning games.

Young doesn't need to visit Iowa, as he was committed there, and has been there several times and has already had an OV there as well.

I'm not sure what ISU can offer him over the likes of Ole Miss, Louisville, and Iowa. I guess they could promise him that he can walk in and start day one, as they don't have any quality depth on the DL. Yet Iowa could also tell him he can compete from day one for a spot in the rotation as well. I don't know the depth charts of the other teams, so I don't know what they can offer him as far as playing time.

Latest posts