Tracking 2014 Class Offers

So maybe just take a breather.. relax.. and let go.

Nothing bad has happened yet. No reason to get worked up right now.

Honest Question (Npt just for Norwalk): Would you rather be listening to us spin **** as we pull in several 2* recruits for our last spots right now? Would you rather get recruits early in December that are sub-par just so we can at least say we have them? Have a class composed of over 50% 2 Star prospects like Iowa State? Or would you rather be competing for considerably better recruits at the end with some back up options available if some of them don't work out?

Honest Question (Npt just for Norwalk): Would you rather be listening to us spin **** as we pull in several 2* recruits for our last spots right now? Would you rather get recruits early in December that are sub-par just so we can at least say we have them? Have a class composed of over 50% 2 Star prospects like Iowa State? Or would you rather be competing for considerably better recruits at the end with some back up options available if some of them don't work out?

I think we all know the answer to that. We've known for a while that most of the guys Iowa is after wouldn't be making their announcement before January.

This is a good get. His junior highlight video is pretty impressive. Knows exactly where to put the ball. It could be a good competition between Beneventi and Wiegers in a couple years.

Any word on Adonis Jennings lately? Also, would Wiegers being a fellow Rutgers decommit help us out or are they not that tight? Help recruiting peeps!

Edit: Nevermind...I'm a rube. Posted this and THEN read back a page and saw that he's going to check out Arkansas...

Pre-Christmas Bump:

Brian Wallace interest levels showing it down to Bama and Iowa currently. All recent Crystal Ball predictions have him going with Bama, including Steve Wiltfong.

Adonis Jennings interest levels showing it down to Pitt and Iowa currently. Not seeing any posted visit dates to Arkansas for him.

Torey Hendrick still has several schools in the mix. And being one credit hour short, cannot really sign until after Spring Semester (I remember being able to score a credit hour pretty easy with a Winter Semester class once - not sure how that isn't in play here).

Chukwuma Okorafor still commited to WMU but has interest in Iowa (Above all others). I wouldn't be surprised if this particular player is being held for if/when Wallace goes with Bama.

Do we have any backup DE/WR recruits in the wings in case these main targets do not choose Iowa?

Last edited:
The commitment of juco punter Dillon Kidd gives Iowa 19 commitments in the current class. It has been discussed elsewhere, but I expect Iowa to sign 20-21 players this year, assuming there are no unforeseen transfers. I would expect one of the final spots to go to an OT, but frankly, I don't know who is on Iowa's radar right now.

Okorafor and Hendrick I hope. Unless some crazy fast WR with good hands comes out of nowhere like our new punter did.

Okorafor and Hendrick I hope. Unless some crazy fast WR with good hands comes out of nowhere like our new punter did.

I think Iowa would definitely take Okorafor and/or Hendrick, but I have gotten the sense from recruiting writers over the past few weeks that the recruitment of both guys is in kind of a holding pattern right now.

Why in the hell would Iowa waste one of their last few rides a on 2 year punter that only averaged 38.2 yards per kick last year, especially when we already have a 38 yard per kick punter on the roster that will be here for 2 more years. Just bizarre.

I think Iowa would definitely take Okorafor and/or Hendrick, but I have gotten the sense from recruiting writers over the past few weeks that the recruitment of both guys is in kind of a holding pattern right now.
247 has been all over Okorafor:The estimation is that Iowa will have room for 20 commits in 2014 (that can change), so as of right now it looks like the Hawkeyes have room for one more.With offensive line and defensive tackle still being the main needs, and little room left, 3-star offensive tackle Chukwuma Okorafor should become the main target for the Hawkeyes. Okorafor told Voice of the Hawkeyes that Iowa is saying he's their top recruit, and with less than a month before national signing day; the time to close is near.With that said, he did say "he can't speak about right now" when asked what his interest level is in Iowa, and he affirmed his commitment to Western Michigan.What commitment 19 means for Iowa

Why in the hell would Iowa waste one of their last few rides a on 2 year punter that only averaged 38.2 yards per kick last year, especially when we already have a 38 yard per kick punter on the roster that will be here for 2 more years. Just bizarre.
Did you read about the punting competition he won. 55 yard punts and a 4.8 second hang time. Thats nfl numbers. Plus, Kornbrath had a case of the shanks all year it seemed like.

Did you read about the punting competition he won. 55 yard punts and a 4.8 second hang time. Thats nfl numbers. Plus, Kornbrath had a case of the shanks all year it seemed like.

While I don't quite agree with the "waste of a scholarship angle". The numbers he put up that you listed above were all without pads, pressure in a B1G game. Those are awesome numbers, hopefully they translate to some good numbers on the field as well.

If this guy ends up playing like Donahue, and our offense has a pulse. Could be recipe for a lot of success when you add our cupcake schedule over the next 2 years. Maybe that's what the staff is thinking.

Latest posts