Tracking 2012 Class Offers

As far as Venckus...

He has the exact same measurables as #19 DE and LSU commit...Danielle Hunter.

* edit * sorry...Venchus lists a 6-5/220/4.7...while Hunter lists a 6-4/220/4.9.

He has the same measureables and position that our starting LT came in with.

Let's not write him off just yet.

Last edited:
As far as Venckus...

He has the exact same measurables as #19 DE and LSU commit...Danielle Hunter.

* edit * sorry...Venchus lists a 6-5/220/4.7...while Hunter lists a 6-4/220/4.9.

He has the same measureables and position that our starting LT came in with.

Let's not write him off just yet.

Noody is writing him off, just saying he won't make an immediate impact.

This is the worst Iowa front 7 and DL since the dark days of 1998-2000, and before that who knows when (probably Lauterbur/Commings).

Not sure it's very smart to point to any of those guys as tremendous recruiting successes.

Just sayin.

I think it is something more than just the depth chart. The depth chart has been the same since the beginning of the season, so why now cool off?
I also think the mutual split has something to do with more than just the depth chart. I'm not saying it didn't play a role, just not the only reason.

For whatever reason, Smith did not like that Iowa had other RBs above him. Maybe he wanted to commit but Iowa didnt let him. Who knows.

Any good RB will come to Iowa thinking they will start and play. If that is not their attitude, then probably not type of player Iowa wants. The GOOD players are not concerned with competition.

Given that Iowa is usually very open with recruits on where they stand, I have to think another RB recruit has shown interest or is near a commitment. Could also be that Iowa has decided to focus more on other positions that RB.

This is the worst Iowa front 7 and DL since the dark days of 1998-2000, and before that who knows when (probably Lauterbur/Commings).

Not sure it's very smart to point to any of those guys as tremendous recruiting successes.

Just sayin.

Room to improve, right?

Just sayin.

You obviously don't remember when Hayden ran a 5-2 and teams still killed us. I think Binns has had a decent career and it seems a little premature to crap all over Morris, Kirksey and Alvis.

You obviously don't remember when Hayden ran a 5-2 and teams still killed us. I think Binns has had a decent career and it seems a little premature to crap all over Morris, Kirksey and Alvis.

He likes to bag on anyone and everyone that he can.

This is a bad front 7, as bad as we've seen in KF era (mostly due ot high expectations), he was bagging on the group. there are talented players in the group, but as group, they are not performing well at all.

This is a bad front 7, as bad as we've seen in KF era (mostly due ot high expectations), he was bagging on the group. there are talented players in the group, but as group, they are not performing well at all.

No, judging by his last comment about none of them being a recruiting success, he was commenting on their talent too.

I'll agree that they haven't played well, but it's like I said in another thread, expectations are a little bit too high when you consider that we had to replace three 3 year starters, so there was a little inexperience coming in. Couple that with injuries, it was hard for them to gel as a unit.

I am starting to see that. I just don't see how that is constructive discussion.

You have absolutely no interest at all in constructive discussion if you can't see the tremendous problems facing the Iowa defense form a personnel standpoint right now.

The level of player currently in the program in the front 7 is not going to cut it at the Big Ten level. You can go ahead and ignore that if you want to, but some of us actually hope the team will improve and get better at some point.

You have absolutely no interest at all in constructive discussion if you can't see the tremendous problems facing the Iowa defense form a personnel standpoint right now.

The level of player currently in the program in the front 7 is not going to cut it at the Big Ten level. You can go ahead and ignore that if you want to, but some of us actually hope the team will improve and get better at some point.

I have plenty of interest in constructive discussion. It doesn't begin with "man do they suck" though. You're giving me nothing to work with. You've refuted nothing that I have said. You apparently feel that inexperience is no excuse and then you have the stones to question whether I hope they will improve and get better because I don't agree with your worldview? GTFO. I think they have improved. I thought they did some good things against both UM and MSU. If talent is the real problem (which you seem to think it is), the team will never get better as long as they are starters.

If our players are as bad as you make out, we should have lost to UM, PSU, Northwestern and MSU by 3 or 4 TDs.

Last edited:
I have plenty of interest in constructive discussion. It doesn't begin with "man do they suck" though. You're giving me nothing to work with. You've refuted nothing that I have said. You apparently feel that inexperience is no excuse and then you have the stones to question whether I hope they will improve and get better because I don't agree with your worldview? GTFO. I think they have improved. I thought they did some good things against both UM and MSU. If talent is the real problem (which you seem to think it is), the team will never get better as long as they are starters.

If our players are as bad as you make out, we should have lost to UM, PSU, Northwestern and MSU by 3 or 4 TDs.

You clearly either A) think our coaching is pretty bad to take all of these solid defensive players and put out only the 4th unit in the history of Iowa football to yield anywhere close to 400 yards per game

or B) have not actually seen the team play this year.

Either way, you are a complete and total moron.

Edit: Didn't even finish reading your whole post. Guess what, genius, we were down by 3 TDs to MSU for virtually the entire game and would have lost by more if they hadn't been trying to kill the clock for basically the entire second half.

Like I said, you're a moron and a complete waste of anyone's time that actually watches football and likes to have a productive conversation on the subject. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
You clearly either A) think our coaching is pretty bad to take all of these solid defensive players and put out only the 4th unit in the history of Iowa football to yield anywhere close to 400 yards per game

or B) have not actually seen the team play this year.

Either way, you are a complete and total moron.

Edit: Didn't even finish reading your whole post. Guess what, genius, we were down by 3 TDs to MSU for virtually the entire game and would have lost by more if they hadn't been trying to kill the clock for basically the entire second half.

Like I said, you're a moron and a complete waste of anyone's time that actually watches football and likes to have a productive conversation on the subject. Good luck with that.

Well, if that is what you consider constructive discussion, then you have shown what kind of a person you are. In answer to your question,

A-I think the coaching staff is doing their best with a bunch of guys that lack experience, and

B-I can't remember the last time I missed a game.

Something else you should already know since you have the vast knowledge is that spread offenses are much more prolific than they have EVER been and schools all over the country are seeing their defenses decimated by them. We're not alone.

So you don't even read all of my post and yet you bother to respond with this crap. I am aware of how much we were down to MSU and yet we didn't lose by that much. You proved my point because you still haven't refuted anything, you just circled back around to, "you don't agree with me so you are a moron." The fact that all you can do is name call just undermines your position further. It says more about you than it does about me.

Last edited:
Before you come back with some monosyllabic response parroting your previous comments ending with "moron," keep in mind that constructive discussion revolves around backing up assertions. Don't think that you can skate away with crybaby responses. You want an honest discussion, you need to man up.

hard to tell anything about the underclasmen, we have 2 jr, 1 soph and 8 freshmen. 4 that are red shirting currently, so wait to see them on the field before judging, KF has always preferred Sr's over Fr's when he has a choice, next year he will have no choice in playing under classmen, with only 2 Sr's and 1 Jr as for upperclassmen

Our biggest problems are on the D line. I understand coach K is a bit of problem from an attitude standpoint.

Latest posts