Tracking 2012 Class Offers

Spence does have a offer from UNC, which Cox are you talking about the DB or the DE that is finishing school in Florida?

Really? Scout must not have that updated yet then. I was thinking of Bryan Cox, Jr from Fla. If his motor is anything like his dad's, he would be a good one.

On a side note, where are people coming up with all these comments about Dantonio telling recruits the staff would be fired. I realize some of you guys probably pay for inside recruiting reports and stuff, but is that the only place to hear it?

not premium info on Dantonio, this came out in a interview with Cooper after he signed, Spence has had a offer from UNC for a long time in fact until they got into trouble with NCAA, he was rather high on them, as for Cox from Florida, nobody has talked about him, i do know they are recruiting both Cox and Dami Ayoola a RB from the school that JR came from, St. Thomas Aquinas

I hope we can get Ekakitie too. Can you imagine him and Johnson in the middle of the defense?

Anybody know why they haven't offered Charles Rogers from ICW? I have been impressed with his skills.

He went on an official to BC while Faith was there and was talking Iowa up big time. Not only that but Ward is on him too. He has to look at the depth chart and realize he can be a huge factor quick at Iowa. Hope we get him!

Interesting. I feel really good about David Smith now if he is talking up the Hawks

I think it is pretty obvious that Iowa is cleaning up in Chicagoland this year. I think Smith is Iowa's to lose, Ekakatie has the Hawks in the lead, and Iowa's got as good a shot with Diamond as anyone at this point. It would be great to land all those guys this year and start in on really nailing Chicago next year, especially 4-star QB Aaron Bailey from from Bolingbrook.

I hope we can get Ekakitie too. Can you imagine him and Johnson in the middle of the defense?

Anybody know why they haven't offered Charles Rogers from ICW? I have been impressed with his skills.

I know that we are looking good for Smith and Garmon so there isn't a chance he would play rb but idk why not for DB.

I think it is pretty obvious that Iowa is cleaning up in Chicagoland this year. I think Smith is Iowa's to lose, Ekakatie has the Hawks in the lead, and Iowa's got as good a shot with Diamond as anyone at this point. It would be great to land all those guys this year and start in on really nailing Chicago next year, especially 4-star QB Aaron Bailey from from Bolingbrook.

Placing a firm stamp and flag on Chicago as "Iowa's" would be amazing for future recruiting.

Placing a firm stamp and flag on Chicago as "Iowa's" would be amazing for future recruiting.

Iowa will never have a firm stamp on Chicago with Notre Dame in existence. ND has always pulled top players from Chicago and their fan base in that area is enormous.

Iowa will never have a firm stamp on Chicago with Notre Dame in existence. ND has always pulled top players from Chicago and their fan base in that area is enormous.

ND has one commit from a Chicago area recruit so far.. a 2 star (rivals) lineman from Downers Grove.

They have no commits in the Top 30 Ill recruits (rivals)

Now, that will probably change. And I fully agree with you that there are a lot of ND fans in Chicago.. but in Chicago, in my experience, there are passionate ND fans and people who hate ND.. and not much middle ground.

@BlairRIVALS
Blair Sanderson
Four-star RB Greg Garmon told us this week that #Iowa is still his favorite. His next visit will be to #Illinois on November 19.

both will be looked at RB 1ST, both have speed, one might even lineup as a slot wr at times, coker will be a jr when they get on campus and both could RS, the future looks good on offense

both will be looked at RB 1ST, both have speed, one might even lineup as a slot wr at times, coker will be a jr when they get on campus and both could RS, the future looks good on offense

Yeah, we know THEY will be RBs. We were talking about why they aren't interested in Charles Rogers and if he could be a DB.

with there being 9-10 rides left to give i think it is because of the #'s he does not have a offer, there are clearly players on the board that are higher, and also a position of need they are looking to fill, we lose 6 D-Linemen to graduation and only have 2 commits at that position so in the end it has to do with who you need, i believe if we had 25 rides to give he would get one, but if we miss on Smith or Garmon or both he probably gets one

Iowa is really high on a safety named Morgan and I think if they get him Rodgers doesn't get one. If not he may be in line, but it's interesting he doesn't have one from Iowa. There may be more to it than we think.

Probably old news to some of you, but Maurice Fleming told Scout.com that the Iowa coaches told him he would play as a true freshman. I read that in Hawkeye Insider.

Latest posts