Tracking 2012 Class Offers

hard to tell anything about the underclasmen, we have 2 jr, 1 soph and 8 freshmen. 4 that are red shirting currently, so wait to see them on the field before judging, KF has always preferred Sr's over Fr's when he has a choice, next year he will have no choice in playing under classmen, with only 2 Sr's and 1 Jr as for upperclassmen

Exactly. The Dline is making steady improvement in spite of the fact that they have to keep juggling the lineup. Some would have us believe that the front 7 is talentless, and that is just ignorance. There is plenty of talent, and as they move further along in their development, we are stating to see the results.

Enough with that already though. Is anyone else just a tad concerned that we haven't gotten another QB yet? We could be entering 2013 pretty young at QB unless Derby moves back.

With a third year sophomore who will be the back-up next year?

Beyond that, who do you think is going to want to be just a year behind JR. Look for a very late QB signing with a player like what Stanzi was out of high school.

With a third year sophomore who will be the back-up next year?

Beyond that, who do you think is going to want to be just a year behind JR. Look for a very late QB signing with a player like what Stanzi was out of high school.

What third year sophomore? Vandenberg and Weinke and both juniors. They will be gone after next year. Rudock will be a RS sophomore in 2013. As far as who is willing to be a year behind JR, I would say any QB who isn't afraid of a little competition.

Re: QBs I wonder if one of the walk on guys has impressed and that impacted the decision to move Derby to defense.
With most HS seasons ended or ending, I am hoping to see some more commits soon. (I hope...)

Illinois State Championships are this coming weekend (1-4A on Friday, 5-8A on Saturday) in Champaign

Jaleel Johnson (Iowa) can be seen representing Montini @ 10 AM Saturday in the 5A Championship - Memorial Stadium, Champaign, IL

Jordan Diamond (Uncommitted) and Simeon can be seen in the Chicago Prep Bowl on Friday taking on Mount Carmel @ Soldier Field 11 AM

Last edited:
QB are not afraid of competition, besides they are like the RB just 1 injury away from starting,
my thought on Smith is that the coaches would take both if they both wanted to come knowing the other was going to come, but i get the feeling Garmon is the top target and they don't feel he will come if Smith does
sorta like when Leak and Tate were lookig at Iowa; if we got Leak, Tate would go elsewhere or if we got Tate, Leak would go elsewhere, which is what happened Leak went to Florida and Tate came here
there is another highly rated recruit that decommitted from ND that has listed Iowa in his top
David Perkins from Indiana; 4* 6'2 209 lbs 4.42 40 athlete projected to be a DB
could be a solid receiver as well, same size and speed as Darbough

gee another poster with "HE AIN'T COMING TO iOWA" thread, Iowa does get top level o-linemen. we have the very real possibility of startin 5 four star O-L in a year or two
Donnal 4*
Walsh 4*
Blythe 4*
Ward 4*
Diamond 4* as i feel we get him

so its not like the O-L that we are getting are all 2* or less

QB are not afraid of competition, besides they are like the RB just 1 injury away from starting,
my thought on Smith is that the coaches would take both if they both wanted to come knowing the other was going to come, but i get the feeling Garmon is the top target and they don't feel he will come if Smith does
sorta like when Leak and Tate were lookig at Iowa; if we got Leak, Tate would go elsewhere or if we got Tate, Leak would go elsewhere, which is what happened Leak went to Florida and Tate came here
there is another highly rated recruit that decommitted from ND that has listed Iowa in his top
David Perkins from Indiana; 4* 6'2 209 lbs 4.42 40 athlete projected to be a DB
could be a solid receiver as well, same size and speed as Darbough

Seriously? It's not hard at all to spell his name right, if you don't know how to spell it, LOOK IT UP.

Latest posts