Tracking 2011 class offers

Yes, I was really surprised this nobody else mentioned this especially with how big (literally) of a recruit this guy is. Arkansas still runs a pro-style offense though- which is probably appealing to him.

It's prostyle but pass first. It always will be under Petrino. Especially with Mallett, even though this is probably his last year.

And... I swear I saw this posted somewhere but can't find it... but DeAnthony Arnett cut his list down to 7 with Iowa included.

Homer, why do you have Cardale Jones listed as no shot? Doesn't Braxton Miller's committment open things up a bit there, assuming OSU only wants to take him as an athlete, if at all? I would also love it if we landed Coe and/or Hayes....not to mention Arnett.

Darn it! Temple commits to Cinci. He was a promising guy who I thought would likely pull the trigger for Iowa. We're seemingly have some difficulty luring in these kids from Warren Central and Ben Davis. I guess they're a bit more attracted to a big city environment maybe.

ESPN Rumors posted that tOSU is considering a SECOND QB in this years' recruiting class- I know this has been discussed before, but it is the first I'd seen it really published anywhere. Offer could be to Jones after all if that's the route they chose to go.

Here's to hoping some of these updates become about commits instead of offers.

If we don't get any commits in the next week and a half, then things will have not gone quite as I had expected. However, on the flip side, Iowa is sitting well with a lot more highly touted guys than I'd ordinarily anticipate too. Guys who are more highly touted tend to pull the trigger a little later.

As it is, I still anticipate that a good number of guys will still want to pull the trigger by the start of their final season of high school football. Of course, only expect commits from guys who have already visited. Interestingly enough ... we've had quite a number of early visits from pretty highly touted guys.

All that said ... highly touted or not, I really like the guys who Iowa has offers out to.

If we don't get any commits in the next week and a half, then things will have not gone quite as I had expected. However, on the flip side, Iowa is sitting well with a lot more highly touted guys than I'd ordinarily anticipate too. Guys who are more highly touted tend to pull the trigger a little later.

As it is, I still anticipate that a good number of guys will still want to pull the trigger by the start of their final season of high school football. Of course, only expect commits from guys who have already visited. Interestingly enough ... we've had quite a number of early visits from pretty highly touted guys.

All that said ... highly touted or not, I really like the guys who Iowa has offers out to.

Homer- Saw sterup is down to 2. Going to make some visits and decide in a month. What are the odds of him wearing the black and gold vs. Red and white?

Homer- Saw sterup is down to 2. Going to make some visits and decide in a month. What are the odds of him wearing the black and gold vs. Red and white?

Some pretty reliable Nebraska fans are sounding way too confident about Sterup committing to the Cornhuskers. Thus, I'd probably put the odds at something like 80-20 in favor of Nebraska. Hopefully that estimate is wrong and we land him anyhow!

I really do not like Iowa's chances at getting Sterup either. About the only advantage Iowa has is I think Nebraska already has 4 OL committed with this recruiting class. But if this kid grew up dreaming of one day playing for Nebraska then you had little chance of landing him once Nebraska offered.

At 6'9 Iowa could use him at both Basketball and Football.

DaVaris Daniels will hold a press conference on June 22 at his high school to announce his college choice between Notre Dame and Miami-Florida.

Latest posts