Tracking 2011 class offers

I know it might be a lot to ask and I really like the updates. Do they have ratings on these guys yet? Homer, would it be too much to ask to thow on the ratings for these guys?
I'm gonna assume most of the guys we have chances on are 3 and 4 stars. Some of the long shots are likely 5 stars. If its a pain don't worry about it, just figured I'd ask. Thanks again for the info.

I know it might be a lot to ask and I really like the updates. Do they have ratings on these guys yet? Homer, would it be too much to ask to thow on the ratings for these guys?
I'm gonna assume most of the guys we have chances on are 3 and 4 stars. Some of the long shots are likely 5 stars. If its a pain don't worry about it, just figured I'd ask. Thanks again for the info.

Igothawked -

I'll be keeping the thread going up through the fall. Right now it doesn't make sense since so many guys simply haven't been evaluated yet. Furthermore, there's also the question of which "star-system" to use.

Also, whether or not a guy is a long shot has a lot more to do with how strong of a lean he is for one school or another ... and where he's located geographically. For the most part, if a kid is a 5-star guy and isn't from the midwest, our chance of getting him is nil. For example, one of the very few 5-star guys who is in a nearby state is Coe ... and it just so happens that we're very much in the running for him. Similarly, CJ Fiedorowicz wasn't really all that far away from being a 5-star guy last year too ... and we obviously had luck with him. Lastly, were it not for his father, it's not a stretch to imagine that maybe Iowa would have landed Seantrel Henderson. It's the 5-star guys in Texas, Florida, Ohio, and New Jersey that are veritably impossible for us to land.

What precisely fuels your disdain for me as a poster? Your antics in that regard are rather juvenile.

All I recall is that we had a disagreement at one juncture concerning ISU's recruiting. You seemed to think that ISU was offering sub-D1 talent last season and stating that wasn't the right way to go about building a successful D1 program. I provided a counter-argument and you seemed to act like I peed in your cheerios. Folks CAN disagree and still hold a civilized and adult conversation.

I don't recall that argument, although I wouldn't say it didn't happen.

I just feel like you spend more time looking at guys who may someday be hawkeyes, rather than the guys who are currently hawkeyes.

I don't think I've ever seen a post by you that didn't have something related to recruiting or the NFL draft.

Its not a hatred or anything, just an amusement.

I just feel like you spend more time looking at guys who may someday be hawkeyes, rather than the guys who are currently hawkeyes.

I don't think I've ever seen a post by you that didn't have something related to recruiting or the NFL draft.

You must then selectively parse my posts. The great majority of my posts tend to be during the season when I'm breaking down match-ups between the guys we have and the folks who we're going to play.

I think you are way off base. Homer is a very good poster. I think he is very wordy at times but I know I am very guilty of that also. He is also relentlessly positive. That probably shouldn't be a negative. But he is easy to have a conversation with. He is not dismissive and actually looking to relate with his fellow fans not top them.

His analysis on the cyclonefanatic football board on the Iowa/isu game thread around page 19 is great.

Btw how does Kafka look as a 4th rounder?

homer- great update. keep up the good work and don't worry about the "amused". it's easy to create discussion posts/content about the postings from someone else because it requires minimal effort of their own.

Seems like more of an obsession than an amusement thing. I've even noticed that you follow him around and take shots at him.

Take a look at the Scout board during the season and you will find that your 2nd statement above couldn't be farther from the truth.

Couple more you might want to add: Nick Menocal LB/DE from Belen Jesuit HS, same HS that Iowa recruited Pablo Alvarez from last year.

DE Jordan Kerner from Fairview HS in PA (Erie area). Has offers from Maryland, BC, Rutgers, WV, Minnesota and Iowa. Has already visited Maryland and WVU. Has upcoming visit set a BC and will visit Iowa and Northwestern on June 11. His website is linked above.

Couple more you might want to add: Nick Menocal LB/DE from Belen Jesuit HS, same HS that Iowa recruited Pablo Alvarez from last year.

DE Jordan Kerner from Fairview HS in PA (Erie area). Has offers from Maryland, BC, Rutgers, WV, Minnesota and Iowa. Has already visited Maryland and WVU. Has upcoming visit set a BC and will visit Iowa and Northwestern on June 11. His website is linked above.

RACHawk -
Thanks, the update has been made.

HI's loss is our gain. I left that board a while ago, because it just appeared that the free board had turned into troll central since Jon left.

I understand that Jon left because they banned Fufie over there.

While Fufie can end up being the grim reaper and every now gets a little drunk off the fumes of an OSU victory, his information is usually presented in a civil manner and quite often accurate.

The bigger issue might be, "Who isn't French considering?"
BTW ... does anybody know what team French grew up following the most closely?

There has been a "who's who" list of schools showing at at Kennedy to meet with Christian. To answer the second question above, he doesn't really follow a team. He has taken a number of visits and it heavily looking at football as his ticket to a scholarship. Before the last few months, Christian was definitely a basketball player first. I know that he took a trip to ND.

There has been a "who's who" list of schools showing at at Kennedy to meet with Christian. To answer the second question above, he doesn't really follow a team. He has taken a number of visits and it heavily looking at football as his ticket to a scholarship. Before the last few months, Christian was definitely a basketball player first. I know that he took a trip to ND.

SPGroth -

Thanks A LOT for the word! Any impression on how he likes Iowa?

Great post, Homer.

If I had some money in the budget, I'd hire you to track that and keep a big board on my blog.

Alas, I can't afford batteries.

Any impression on how he likes Iowa?

Iowa was one of the first schools to give him interest, along with Iowa State. Iowa has been calling/visiting quite often. I am not sure if he is leaning one way or another.

The last Kennedy kid that went to Iowa, as a perferred walk-on, kind of got shafted and lost his opportunity to attend pre-season practice. I know that a few Kennedy coaches were kind of burned by that action. Hopefully, that will not come into play in Christian's recruiting.

Couple new offers:
Kevin Snyder - LB from PA
Graham Stewart - S from Xavier HS, same as Amari

Also, just my opinion but I think you are being generous saying we have any sort of shot at Justice Hayes.

Couple new offers:
Kevin Snyder - LB from PA
Graham Stewart - S from Xavier HS, same as Amari

Also, just my opinion but I think you are being generous saying we have any sort of shot at Justice Hayes.

You know what ... you're right. It probably is most likely that he won't leave the state of Michigan. However, if he does, then Iowa might have a shot. I'll update the list and make sure that I mention that he only has a slight chance.

Latest posts