Tracking 2011 class offers

Also, for the record, there have been several high-quality football players in the past who we seemed to be out of the running for ... only for them to have a change of heart at some juncture and switch over to the Hawks. So you never know! I fully admit that some of the guys who I've written off so far could certainly end up changing their minds and become Hawks. In fact, I'd be very excited if any of them would change their minds. Of course, my bet is that I'd hear rumblings about it and be able to adjust my view prior to any huge turn of events.

Last edited:
Repercussions of Nebby offering Sterup seem to be hitting .... Iowa has offered Flavin at OT.

I've been high on Flavin for quite some time ... I've firmly believed that it was only a matter of time until we offered him. By how we've been recruiting guys on the OL ... it leads me more and more to believe that the coaches seem to be intent on signing 2 OGs and 1 OT. Obviously, Blythe could also play C in addition to OG.

However, to correct myself, the direction our OL recruiting will go will become much clearer after summer camp. As others have pointed out to me before, if the coaches see a guy who appears to be the next Calloway or Zusevics ... that could spur them to take on more than 3 OL recruits. However, I anticipate that if they feel that they can get 3 really high quality OL commits and there isn't any new guy at camp who strikes them as a low risk-high reward type ... then they still might be happy just to take 3.

Also, some Gopher fans seem to think that the McAvoy bros like Minny. Folks should keep an eye out for those guys. Lastly, Farniok is still an intriguing wild-card. ISU could be a frontrunner since they've nabbed his older bro ... however, I'm willing to guess that Wisky might appear pretty enticing to him too.

For the record, Farniok (SD) and Nelson (IL) strike me as Pipho-types ... i.e. quality guys who the Iowa coaches simply feel don't fit our system. We'll see though ....

Don't think Jennings is headed OSU's way. Phil Dorsett, J. Story, S. Wynn or Devin Smith (who may be offered soon) seem to be the most likely WR commits. OSU is projecting Kirby as a DB it appears. Rumors are Kirby is an OSU lean right now.....

I would change DeAnthony Arnett from "no shot" to either "slight shot" or "good shot." His brother Ralph said in an interview today that Iowa was among his final 6.

I would change DeAnthony Arnett from "no shot" to either "slight shot" or "good shot." His brother Ralph said in an interview today that Iowa was among his final 6.

I wouldn't call final 6 a good shot when USC and the likes are in there. slight shot maybe

Homer, you may want to upgrade Hayes to a "good shot" after reading this article:

College football recruiting -- Running back prospect Justice Hayes gets a lift from Alabama Crimson Tide's Mark Ingram - ESPN

I would say Iowa has a great shot at landing Hayes.

ssckelley -

I've always had a decent feeling about Hayes ... but there still will be the issue of luring him out of state. Good thing he feels at home when he visits Iowa ... let's hope that can help draw him over!

Hey homer... ESPN.com citing Crimson Confidential has a feature about Rodney Coe narrowing his top three to Arkansas, Auburn and Iowa- have you seen/heard that yet? My apologies if this has already been posted/discussed- but sounds like we have a little bit more than just "a shot" with him right now.

Hey homer... ESPN.com citing Crimson Confidential has a feature about Rodney Coe narrowing his top three to Arkansas, Auburn and Iowa- have you seen/heard that yet? My apologies if this has already been posted/discussed- but sounds like we have a little bit more than just "a shot" with him right now.

That is great news. I don't think Arkansas would make a lot of sense with their passing attack, and Auburn would be more similar, but I was more worried about Nebraksa and their style than anyone else. Hope that this is true and he pulls the Hawkeye trigger pretty soon here.

Yes, I was really surprised this nobody else mentioned this especially with how big (literally) of a recruit this guy is. Arkansas still runs a pro-style offense though- which is probably appealing to him.

Latest posts