Tracking 2011 class offers

Color me surprised. It sounds like the coaches really are legitimately considering only taking 3 WRs in the 2011 class.

With Vincent, Hawkeyes might be finished at WR in 2011 | GazetteOnline.com

I wonder if it's due to the fact that there are so many quality in-state recruits at skill positions in the 2012 class.

Remember the BB walkon made similar comment about recruiting PGs. I think Iowa wil continue to recruit athletes who may or may not end up at WR. Also, at one time Shepherd was rumorted to be looking around at other schools so that could change things too.

Remember the BB walkon made similar comment about recruiting PGs. I think Iowa wil continue to recruit athletes who may or may not end up at WR. Also, at one time Shepherd was rumorted to be looking around at other schools so that could change things too.

Yeah, I anticipate that the coaches will keep the door open to guys who might be considered "athletes." Such guys project at multiple spots. Shumpert kinda fits that bill ... recruited at safety and he ends up landing at WR (at least initially).

Guy will end up where they stick.

As an example, Iowa has an offer out to Duzey from Michigan ... and he's a guy who could end up playing WR, TE, LB, or DE. Similarly, a guy like Jennings is also a prototypical example. The guy could project really nicely at either WR or DB ... and heck, he could possibly develop into a quality RB too. Versatility ... you gotta love guys who have it.

Last edited:
Updates concerning Hamilton and Raymon have been made.

BTW ... it appears that Raymon might be filling the spot that Iowa probably had pegged for Hoch. It would be even cooler if they think he could fill the spot they had envisioned for Okuyemi. While the young man could certainly grow into an O-lineman ... I look for him to stick on the DL.

As for Hamilton ... I've always figured that we'd land some seriously nice talent at TE in this recruiting class. It's cool that we're going to have such a nice group pushing forward the level of competition between the guys we have signed and/or committed. I'm VERY excited!

Rudoch added.

It appears to be an excellent class so far. I'm VERY excited!

QB - Rudoch
WR - Grant, Shepherd, Vincent
TE - Krieger-Coble, Hamilton
OL - Blythe
DL - Raymon

homer, what do you think our chances with Lynch are. I can see Lynch and Raymon (6-11 wingspan) as the Clayborn/Binns DE for the future.

homer, what do you think our chances with Lynch are. I can see Lynch and Raymon (6-11 wingspan) as the Clayborn/Binns DE for the future.

hawkfarmer -

My impression is that Iowa is on the outside looking in with respect to Lynch. My impression is that Notre Dame and Florida are currently ahead of Iowa for his services. However, Iowa still has a shot to get a visit from him. If Iowa can get a visit from him ... then there's always still a chance.

hawkfarmer -

My impression is that Iowa is on the outside looking in with respect to Lynch. My impression is that Notre Dame and Florida are currently ahead of Iowa for his services. However, Iowa still has a shot to get a visit from him. If Iowa can get a visit from him ... then there's always still a chance.
ND is out for Lynch (as are OSU and Iowa). Florida St./Clemson/Alabama are the 3 that are the favorites.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the update fufred. BTW, you haven't been reinstated on HI yet have ya?
Lynch just isn't coming north.....and no, don't think it's happening for me on HI. Don't keep up the boycott for me though Homer, it was a noble effort though.....:) Thanks....

Latest posts