Tracking 2011 class offers

A 6'3" Cornerback??? Anyone else just drool on themselves a little bit???

If a guy that big has great play with his hips, has the speed to keep up with WRs, and the strength to impose his will in press coverage ... those guys don't come around frequently, but they're priceless on a D.

Unfortunately such guys often don't have the hips ... or else they end up playing WR instead.

Awesome list.

Seeing Reese' name as the recruiter for some of those got me thinking back to the glory days of Iowa City West when Reese Morgan was coaching there. How good of a recruiter is he now?

Are there any updates on the offer (or expected offer as of a few weeks ago) to Cardale Jones from OSU? I thought he was supposed to get one? Was it conditional?

Are there any updates on the offer (or expected offer as of a few weeks ago) to Cardale Jones from OSU? I thought he was supposed to get one? Was it conditional?

Rumor is he has a conditional offer, but that hasn't really been confirmed.

Great information. When you update it the info, is there any way to see the changes?

RocketHawk -

To note that there has been changes, you simply need to check the "last edited" date and time. At this current juncture, I do not highlight the most recent updates. If folks request it, I can put the most recent additions in bold if folks want. However, I'll only keep it in bold for a day or two.

per TOS, Justice Hayes has a favorite, and it is Northwestern. Because they were the first to offer him. although MSU is up there as they're his childhood favorite.

per TOS, Justice Hayes has a favorite, and it is Northwestern. Because they were the first to offer him. although MSU is up there as they're his childhood favorite.

I believe that the precise wording is that they (NW) has the "upper hand." And that is code for saying that none of their current RBs are necessarily all that impressive so he thinks that he could play right away there. It also indicates that Tony Jones is recruiting him really hard for Northwestern.

Quite frankly, I could definitely see Northwestern as being a pretty good fit for Hayes too.

I'd love for him to come to Iowa and benefit from the superb OLs that Iowa will have. However, Northwestern will always be able to create running lanes by spreading the ball out laterally and flashing the QB run option. Both of those facets give Northwestern something consistent and legit to sell to recruits. Furthermore, aside from his apparent dislike for Iowa, Fitz is a fine coach and Northwestern is a great school academically.

per TOS. Tevin Mitchell has an offer at CB. He's 6' and has about 16 offers, from the big boys. Intriguing as I think we are a little thin at corner and need some help there and at WR the most i this class.

Darrian Miller has decommited from Kansas. He's a high-quality target at RB. I'm not certain where Iowa stands with him ... however, I'd definitely hope that we could get in the picture.

Recruiting Chatter: Darrian Miller - Rock Chalk Talk

I wonder if Iowa might eventually start pursuing Bernard Thomas a little more heavily now?

Also, in other news, Iowa offered Michigan CB-prospect Valdez Showers.

Homer,

Thanks for doing this, I know FF did it last year and it's nice to have a reference. Having said that, is there anyway you can do it without the 'woe is me, glass half empty' perspective? I know it's easier to not get hopes up for some of these, kids, but it is what it is......why bother if that is going to be the attitude? We all know FF will chime in with his OSU angle, so be it....

Darrian Miller has decommited from Kansas. He's a high-quality target at RB. I'm not certain where Iowa stands with him ... however, I'd definitely hope that we could get in the picture.

Recruiting Chatter: Darrian Miller - Rock Chalk Talk

I wonder if Iowa might eventually start pursuing Bernard Thomas a little more heavily now?

Also, in other news, Iowa offered Michigan CB-prospect Valdez Showers.

I'm still hoping to land Coe. He would be a big get at RB, and maybe add Gordon from Wisconsin as a change of pace back.

Homer,

Thanks for doing this, I know FF did it last year and it's nice to have a reference. Having said that, is there anyway you can do it without the 'woe is me, glass half empty' perspective? I know it's easier to not get hopes up for some of these, kids, but it is what it is......why bother if that is going to be the attitude? We all know FF will chime in with his OSU angle, so be it....

There's no "woe is me" ... I get disappointed when we miss on recruits who are high on our board. I get over it ... no big.

I still am 100% convinced that Iowa is going to land an absolutely superb class this year ... so I'm not worried.

In particular, expect Iowa to land excellent WRs, O-linemen, and RBs. Blythe, Grant, and Shepherd already give us a great start at WR and OL. By the end of the summer we'll probably land at least one high-quality RB ... and probably a bunch of other excellent prospects too.

Also, for the record, for those guys who we've offered but they've decided to pass on .... for the most part, it's their loss. So the "bad news" goes the other way too. However, for many guys, sticking close to home is important ... and I can understand and appreciate that.

Repercussions of Nebby offering Sterup seem to be hitting .... Iowa has offered Flavin at OT.

I've been high on Flavin for quite some time ... I've firmly believed that it was only a matter of time until we offered him. By how we've been recruiting guys on the OL ... it leads me more and more to believe that the coaches seem to be intent on signing 2 OGs and 1 OT. Obviously, Blythe could also play C in addition to OG.

Latest posts