Tracking 2011 class offers

New updates made. Sterup to Nebby, HKC to Iowa, and Iowa offering Allen ... among possibly others.

bleh would rather have had Sterup, not all that impressed with the TE recruit...figured we would wait to see what some of the bigger fish that we have offers out to did first...

bleh would rather have had Sterup, not all that impressed with the TE recruit...figured we would wait to see what some of the bigger fish that we have offers out to did first...

Why are you not impressed with the TE recruit?

When are we gonna offer Early's boy? We already let that damn center get to OSU, please dont let another legacy go.

HOmer do you know what's up with Wienke's Brother? He should be a senior about now right? Did we just say one Wienke is enough?

TChawk -

That's a limited view. That's not how our coaches work. They could care less how touted a guy is. If they think a kid would fit in well in our program and be an excellent addition ... they offer him. HKC earned his offer from what he flashed to the coaches at camp (and that's in addition to his high school tape).

The coaches clearly believed that he'd be on par with many of the other TEs we've already offered. If they didn't, the offer to HKC would have been a conditional offer. The coaches were obviously comfortable in accepting a verbal from him ... and that is saying something.

HOmer do you know what's up with Wienke's Brother? He should be a senior about now right? Did we just say one Wienke is enough?

Wienke's brother had broken his collar bone last year ... in the off-season if I recall. Anyhow, that limited him to some degree. If the coaches offer, it will likely be dependent on his SR campaign.

Besides, from what I've heard, I'm inclined to believe that Derby has a good chance of leaping the elder Wienke on the QB depth chart. What happens after that? Does Jon transfer? That could also lead Wienke's parents to steer Jud away from Iowa.

i'm pretty sure kirk knows what to look for in tightends...

Agreed. Trust in Kirk- just because you aren't "impressed" with the kid then most likely you're trying to look at how many stars he has behind his name or who else has offered him. Not saying the kid will be a first round draft pick, but obviously the coaches see something in him that warrants an offer from camps or films.

I'm going to put 4 stars after my name and see if that impresses anyone about my message board posting ability...lol

TChawk -

That's a limited view. That's not how our coaches work. They could care less how touted a guy is. If they think a kid would fit in well in our program and be an excellent addition ... they offer him. HKC earned his offer from what he flashed to the coaches at camp (and that's in addition to his high school tape).

The coaches clearly believed that he'd be on par with many of the other TEs we've already offered. If they didn't, the offer to HKC would have been a conditional offer. The coaches were obviously comfortable in accepting a verbal from him ... and that is saying something.

He's a good one... he comes from a long line of athletes.

Wienke's brother had broken his collar bone last year ... in the off-season if I recall. Anyhow, that limited him to some degree. If the coaches offer, it will likely be dependent on his SR campaign.

Besides, from what I've heard, I'm inclined to believe that Derby has a good chance of leaping the elder Wienke on the QB depth chart. What happens after that? Does Jon transfer? That could also lead Wienke's parents to steer Jud away from Iowa.

I thought that the whole Wienke family were all hawk fans, maybe i was wrong. I hope he has a great season.

I thought that the whole Wienke family were all hawk fans, maybe i was wrong. I hope he has a great season.

Mr. Wienke was the head coach at Tuscola (kinda like the Illinois equivalent of Williamsburg along I57 ... maybe smaller though) for a good while. Not only was a good coach, but rather a very good and successful one too. I don't think that the Wienke clan were Iowa fans prior to their elder son committing to Iowa. However, one thing that likely tipped things in favor of Iowa was the fact that Mr. Wienke really respected Ferentz.

I anticipate that if John Wienke sticks around Iowa ... it will also be strongly influenced by the fact that he wants to eventually become a coach one day ... and Ferentz is one of the best to learn from in the biz.

Per my earlier post- we might SAY we're done... but if one of the "marquee" wr talents decides to join up, i see us taking 4.

Latest posts