This upsets me..

Whar national sports journalists' coverage of teh pauw whoads?!?

I would. Because if I had your last ten years, I would pay any amount of money to not have that.
Ya the last 10 is what we call history. Ask any 18 year old if they remember what happened in 1900-2007. It only takes one coach, ask Hayden Fry. Im worried about the direction of the program going forward, Iowa has had their peak and and now their valley, ISU is beginning their trek up to its peak. Serious question, who has a better shot at the the next BSC game, Iowa or ISU with their current coaches?

Must be nice, I wish I could have 2 successful years in my career and just coast through the rest of my career.

It took Rhoads 3 very unsuccessful seasons to get a contract to coast through the rest of his career.

Why is Rhoads paid as much as Patterson? Why is Rhoads paid MORE than Petersen from Boise? Why does Rhoads make almost $1 million more than Fitzgerald? Why does Rhoads make as much as Dantonio? Why does Rhoads make nearly as much a Beamer? Why does Rhaods make as much as Gundy?

Rhoads has a under .500 record. His highest win total is 7. So why is he getting paid as much as those guys? Why is his contract LONGER than those coaches?

Ya the last 10 is what we call history. Ask any 18 year old if they remember what happened in 1900-2007. It only takes one coach, ask Hayden Fry. Im worried about the direction of the program going forward, Iowa has had their peak and and now their valley, ISU is beginning their trek up to its peak. Serious question, who has a better shot at the the next BSC game, Iowa or ISU with their current coaches?

WHAR the peak? Was it 6 wins, 7 wins, or 6 wins? HOW HIGH CAN ISU CLIMB!!!

Did you really just ask that? Iowa will be fighting for a BCS bowl again by 2013 or 2014. I am fairly confident Iowa State will not win more than 8 or 9 games in my lifetime.

Did you really just ask that? Iowa will be fighting for a BCS bowl again by 2013 or 2014. I am fairly confident Iowa State will not win more than 8 or 9 games in my lifetime.
Right with Wisconsin and Ohio State back on the schedule and games in Ames and Lincoln. Come on now.

Right with Wisconsin and Ohio State back on the schedule and games in Ames and Lincoln. Come on now.

Oh no, how will we ever win in Ames? Lol. When Iowa has good football teams. (with '02 being the exception) we beat Iowa State regardless of where it's played.

Just as with anything else, a coach is "worth" what someone is willing to pay for it. Iowa has many built in advantages over ISU (being in the B1G, most of Iowa's population is in the eastern half, etc.), but Iowa is clearly disadvantaged when compared to many (most?) BCS teams and Iowa is a relatively hard place to build a consistently high achieving team. Even with the disappointing results of the last few years, KF has brought this program to heights that even Hayden Fry hadn't, and was being consistently courted by the NFL as well.

No, Kirk's record isn't Texas or Ohio State or Alabama worthy, but its pretty darned good for a cold. weather rural state of three million people, with another BCS conference school to compete with.

So, yes. Iowa pays it's coach $4 mil/year, but most Hawk fans think he is worth it, and that is what ultimately matters. I see it as a bargain, actually, because because having KF as our coach brings in much more revenue than it cost to keep him.

If you haven't noticed, the Iowa athletic department isn't exactly wanting for resources.

Oh no, how will we ever win in Ames? Lol. When Iowa has good football teams. (with '02 being the exception) we beat Iowa State regardless of where it's played.
Why didnt you just predict the national championship now. So you are the first one on record when it happens? You will have a redshirt sophomore making his first away start in Ames. I cant wait.

Why didnt you just predict the national championship now. So you are the first one on record when it happens? You will have a redshirt sophomore making his first away start in Ames. I cant wait.

It also looks like your vaunted defense loses 7 seniors after this year, including co-Heisman winners Knott and Klein. Both can play that game chubby.

Latest posts