This upsets me..

Records in season ticket sales are broken every year even with Nebraska gone and Iowa on the road, so nice try but a swing and miss.
Yes, because you didn't drop the price at all this year. DIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Remember..... you guys don't care about Iowa State...

I can't help but think that clown fans get pleasure from being discussed on HN even in a negative way. I can picture your fellow trolls reporting back to CF. "They're talking about us!" Like this somehow verifies your relevancy that big brother is even giving you the time of day.

I've had enough of this argument from you.

Please name the last ISU coach, maybe you ought to go back to ISC as well, that has won 10 or more games in a season. Hmmm? Well??? Still thinking???

Kirk Ferentz has done it FOUR (4) times, with a nine win season as well.

ISU, as well as ISC, has NEVER won 10 or more games in a season and has won 9 games JUST ONCE!!!!

Kirk Ferentz has also won a BCS bowl game and had teams finish seasons ranked in the top ten at least three times. When was the last time ISU, or ISC, has even been in the top ten??? THIS is what he gets paid $4 million/year for.

The Iowa Athletics Department can also AFFORD to pay a coach $4 million/year WITHOUT using ANY taxpayer money at all.

While ISU athletics, with its one glory season of 2000, still sucks at the taxpayer's teat.

Please, stop bringing that weak argument to this type of discussion in the future. You WISH you could pay a coach $4mil!

Better gig in the country than Kirk Ferentz?

1999 Iowa 1–10 0–8 11th

2000 Iowa 3–9 3–5 8th

2001 Iowa 7–5 4–4 T–4th W Alamo

2002 Iowa 11–2 8–0 T–1st L Orange† 8 8 2003 Iowa 10–3 5–3 T–4th W Outback 8 8 2004 Iowa 10–2 7–1 T–1st W Capital One 8 8 2005 Iowa 7–5 5–3 T–3rd L Outback

2006 Iowa 6–7 2–6 T–8th L Alamo

2007 Iowa 6–6 4–4 T–5th

2008 Iowa 9–4 5–3 T–4th W Outback 20 20 2009 Iowa 11–2 6–2 T–2nd W Orange† 7 7 2010 Iowa 8–5 4–4 T–4th W Insight

2011 Iowa 7–6 4–4 4th (Legends) L Insight

2012 Iowa 0–0 0–0 (Legends)

I dont think so. He has finished the regular season 7-5 or below 8 times in 13 years. Only 5 seasons has he won 8 or more regular season games. And has NEVER been in a Rose Bowl. So to answer your question, hell no I would not want ISU to ever pay a coach top 5 money for .500 results, I would quit buying season tickets. Here is a guy well worth his money. Gary Patterson runs circles around Ferentz, has more Rose Bowl wins than Kirk Ferentz, and does not even play in a conference to get the automatic bid. Oh and he is paid over $1 million less.

2005 TCU 11–1 8–0 1st W Houston 9 11 2006 TCU 11–2 6–2 2nd W Poinsettia 21 22 2007 TCU 8–5 4–4 5th W Texas

2008 TCU 11–2 7–1 2nd W Poinsettia 7 7 2009 TCU 12–1 8–0 1st L Fiesta† 6 6 2010 TCU 13–0 8–0 1st W Rose† 2 2 2011 TCU 11–2 7–0 1st W Poinsettia 13 14
Ferentz has made hay off 2 seasons in 13 years and just continues to collect the coin.

Must be nice, I wish I could have 2 successful years in my career and just coast through the rest of my career.

Last edited:
25429813.jpg

For a guy that whines about strength of schedule all the time, you sure didn't follow that logic in this one. Let's see how Patterson does when 9 of his 12 games aren't against weak teams. Otherwise you can't compare those two idiot. What were ticket prices last year?

Seriously scorp, you have to have the largest collection of freaky *** clown picks I have ever seen. They are terrifying.

I like how Sewer's entire argument is that Kurt is being rewarded for one good season a long time ago, while the coach he is propping got a 10 year extension for winning a single big game.

Sewer, even if your argument made any sense, we still have a BCS trophy for our coach's one moment of glory. You got an ESPY nomination.

I like how Sewer's entire argument is that Kurt is being rewarded for one good season a long time ago, while the coach he is propping got a 10 year extension for winning a single big game.

Sewer, even if your argument made any sense, we still have a BCS trophy for our coach's one moment of glory. You got an ESPY nomination.
13 years vs 3 years, 10 more years says the odds are greater for Ferentz if I am doing the math right.

the only coaches that rake in more money than his $3.785 million per year figure are names like Nick Saban, Mack Brown, Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer—each of whom have national titles and multiple BCS bowl victories on their resumes.

FAIL

5 Most Overpaid, 5 Most Underpaid College Football Coaches | Bleacher Report

13 years vs 3 years, 10 more years says the odds are greater for Ferentz if I am doing the math right.

So, your argument is that because Pauw went 6-7 with a loss in a cold weather bowl and got a decade extension, Kirk is overpaid?

Back in my day, trolling meant something...

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

Yeah, you should. Show me some fact based articles. These seem to be all opinion. You should show me that it's a FACT that if we had a different coach that Iowa would have had the same success that we've had over the last decade. You show me the FACT that if we didn't pay KF what we do, he would still be here.

Yeah, you should. Show me some fact based articles. These seem to be all opinion. You should show me that it's a FACT that if we had a different coach that Iowa would have had the same success that we've had over the last decade. You show me the FACT that if we didn't pay KF what we do, he would still be here.
Isnt every journalist providing some type of opinion?

Latest posts