This upsets me..

I was talking to a friend who is a CLOWN fan and he suggested that ISU athletics are in a better state right now than ours. Can any of you guys disprove this for me? :mad:

Just read the first post. If you let anything a Clown says upset you the problem is yours. They're beyond crazy. If you try to understand them it will drive you to madness.

weren't you the one that promised to leave hn forever if isu didnt win 7 games last year? Yet here you are.

They count the Iowa game as 2 wins.

tumblr_m1oc46HQyN1r7kz9v.gif

I've had enough of this argument from you.

Please name the last ISU coach, maybe you ought to go back to ISC as well, that has won 10 or more games in a season. Hmmm? Well??? Still thinking???

Kirk Ferentz has done it FOUR (4) times, with a nine win season as well.

ISU, as well as ISC, has NEVER won 10 or more games in a season and has won 9 games JUST ONCE!!!!

Kirk Ferentz has also won a BCS bowl game and had teams finish seasons ranked in the top ten at least three times. When was the last time ISU, or ISC, has even been in the top ten??? THIS is what he gets paid $4 million/year for.

The Iowa Athletics Department can also AFFORD to pay a coach $4 million/year WITHOUT using ANY taxpayer money at all.

While ISU athletics, with its one glory season of 2000, still sucks at the taxpayer's teat.

Please, stop bringing that weak argument to this type of discussion in the future. You WISH you could pay a coach $4mil!

here is their argument. if they were in the big 10, they'd be rose bowling, and iowa would be in the cellar, like the are. i've read it on cyclownfanatic more times than i'd care to remember.

Records in season ticket sales are broken every year even with Nebraska gone and Iowa on the road, so nice try but a swing and miss.

stuffing more people in the pasture and annually lowering the price of a saison tacket doesn't count either.

applebees anyone? coach paw is paying.....

here is their argument. if they were in the big 10, they'd be rose bowling, and iowa would be in the cellar, like the are. i've read it on cyclownfanatic more times than i'd care to remember.

Iowa State's all-time record against the Big Ten teams they have played (not counting Nebraska, never played Indiana, Michigan, Ohio St. or Penn St.):

Illinois 1-3-2 .333
Iowa 18-39-0 .316
Michigan St. 0-2-0 .000
Minnesota 1-21-1 .065
Northwestern 1-7-0 .125
Purdue 0-1-0 .000
Wisconsin 0-7-0 .000
TOTAL 21-80-5 .208

Iowa's all-time record against the Big Twelve (Big Eight) teams they have played (never played Baylor):

Colorado 0-2 .000
Iowa State 39-18 .684
Kansas 1-0 1.000
Kansas St. 5-1 .833
Missouri 3-1 .750
Nebraska 9-22 .290
Oklahoma 0-2 .000
Oklahoma St. 1-1 .500
Texas 1-1 .500
Texas A&M 0-1 .000
Texas Tech 2-0 1.000
TOTAL 56-49 .533

What exactly in these statistics could possibly support their opinion? ISU has a .208 winning percentage against the Big Ten and THEY HAVE NEVER EVEN PLAYED MICHIGAN, OHIO ST., OR PENN STATE!!!!!

Even if one were to concede that today the Big 12 is much tougher than the Big Ten, which I don't, in the past the Big Ten has undeniably been one of the toughest leagues. If ISU were in the Big Ten they would have fared no better than Northwestern, Indiana or Purdue.

Nobody pays top dollar better for 7-5 and 7-6 than Iowa.

So this how you're going to justify not winning 7 games yourself. "Well, we only pay our coach 1 million, so it's ok" You can retort with strength of schedule, but remember, one of the reasons your non con is tough is because you play "Iowa". The same is not said about Iowa's non con game vs ISu.

The Iowa Athletics Department can also AFFORD to pay a coach $4 million/year WITHOUT using ANY taxpayer money at all.

While ISU athletics, with its one glory season of 2000, still sucks at the taxpayer's teat.

This is false. I think I'm only going to have to post it on this board 5 bazillion times before people know it.

If the Big XII is unable to land Texas or Oklahoma in the new BCS playoffs because of strength of schedule don't be surprised of one bolting or both bolting. I know everyone is writing that every member is committed, but words are just words.

Uhh... what? The Big 12's SOS will be just fine. 6 of the 10 teams are in the top 25 this year. We play a 9 game schedule. SOS is the least of our concerns.

Remember..... you guys don't care about Iowa State...

I am a good person. I volunteer, I donate my time and money to causes I deem worthy, I am nice to people, I am a Sunday school teacher, I try and be environmentally responsible. All in all, I care about people and try and make the world a better place.

However, I LOVE crushing clown trolls whenever I can. I try to look out for the least among us...except Clowns. Claim I am obsessed with ISU if you like, I don't care and I'll wear it, but I consider smashing you an extension of my altruism.

Latest posts