This Is The Official "I Hate NIL And The Portal" Thread...

The NCAA owns the NIL and transfer problem for decades of pimping college sports for their financial gain not to mention the killing of decades long rivalry traditions thanks to the whoring out to media. Please, please someone share a story that was passed down from your Dad or Grandpa sharing a fond memory of the Hawkeyes big win over Rutgers or Maryland back in the 60's or 70's to keep their Rose Bowl hopes alive. Whenever I see or hear Nebraska, Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland soon UCLA and USC as part of the BIG, it takes me back to Thanksgiving 1970 when my aunt shows up at my grandparents with 3 foster kids unbeknownst to anyone including Grandparents, Parents, Aunts & Uncles and Cousins then immediately tells them this is your Grandpa and Grandma ...... it was the first time I ever thought "WTF", I was 7.

1670774662060.png

Yeah you did. You’re trying to say they shouldn’t be able to transfer or make money playing basketball in college. How does it affect you? It doesn’t.
Show me where I said that.

Like I said, why don't you stick to points people are actually trying to make and what they actually say instead of making up arguments so you can regurgitate the same stuff you've said a thousand times already.

Clearly don’t make up the majority?

LOL

As in, almost none of the active players in the NBA except for fourteen players.
Let me remind you what you said:

"If a student wants to play college basketball (getting paid or not), the only option is to play for an NCAA school at that level, which would all be subject to those rules under your scenario."

You're wrong, but thanks for playing.

Let me remind you what you said:

"If a student wants to play college basketball (getting paid or not), the only option is to play for an NCAA school at that level, which would all be subject to those rules under your scenario."

You're wrong, but thanks for playing.
I'm not wrong.

Tell me the number of non-foreign NBA players who didn't play at all in college.

The number isn’t irrelevant.
It is, because you said no option, which means 0. Any number greater than 0 means you're wrong. Don't speak in absolutes and you won't have this problem.

Beyond, whatever you have to tell yourself to feel better.

It is, because you said no option, which means 0. Any number greater than 0 means you're wrong. Don't speak in absolutes and you won't have this problem.

Beyond, whatever you have to tell yourself to feel better.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I haven't watched an NBA game on television bince the waning moments of the Bulls' second three-peat, but I suspect that the G League option will pale in comparison to what NCAA teams (working through philanthropic boosters) will be able to offer vis a vis NIL. In essence, the only way the G League would be an economically wise path is if someone is so dumb that they can't get a school to give them a back door waiver to get in. Like we're talking "I couldn't even graduate from high school" level of stupidity here. So on some level I think you guys are both right. There is an alternative, but as a practical matter it will be absolutely meaningless because a guy who is good enough to get into that league is going to have an embarrassment of riches awaiting him from some P5 or mid major school. The G League can never draw the revenue the NCAA does and it will never have the rooting interest that the NCAA does.

Yea, I heard this yesterday and it's huge. Think about the recruiting advantage to a program that already is on top of the sport in college wrestling. Men and hopefully women's at Iowa.

Even with the NIL $$ aside, just being affiliated with the UFC is huge.

So, would wrestlers be able to where a UFC patch on the singlets? Would that be allowed?

Can't wait for the advertising on the buts and back. Just kiddin.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I just saw that On3 actually has a tab on player profiles that 'calculates' their NIL value.

I wonder if it works like Carvana...

Yea, I heard this yesterday and it's huge. Think about the recruiting advantage to a program that already is on top of the sport in college wrestling. Men and hopefully women's at Iowa.

Even with the NIL $$ aside, just being affiliated with the UFC is huge.

So, would wrestlers be able to where a UFC patch on the singlets? Would that be allowed?

Can't wait for the advertising on the buts and back. Just kiddin.

I had to run the concession stand for a few hours at a youth tournament on Saturday and I was rocking my Iowa gear and multiple people were talking about the UFC deal. That shit is huge for rasslin'.

I had to run the concession stand for a few hours at a youth tournament on Saturday and I was rocking my Iowa gear and multiple people were talking about the UFC deal. That shit is huge for rasslin'.
One of the major reasons I coach in high school is so I don't have to work concessions for the sports my kid is in.

Current NIL / Portal...........

The end product on the field can potentially have less to do with your own efforts in identifying, recruiting, and developing players as your developed product can now be potentially purchased by others.

As a developmental program we are getting closer to the definition of being a farm team as I see it.
In sports, a farm team, farm system, feeder team, feeder club, or nursery club is generally a team or club whose role is to provide experience and training for young players, with an agreement that any successful players can move on to a higher level at a given point, usually in an association with a major-level parent