This is gonna be a LOOONG season

There are two things you need to do on offense to be considered good. Score the ball and help others score the ball. Bohannon is really good at both. I give two shits if he's good at helping others score by driving and passing or creating angles and post feeding. Both are equally effective.

The issue with Bohannon is defense. He's terrible at it. He would be equally terrible guarding the 2 as he is guarding the 1. But that doesn't matter because there is no rule in basketball that a 1 has to guard a 1 and a 2 has to guard a 2.

If he's good enough to play the 1 on offense (which he is) he can play it on offense and guard the 2 on defense. That right there kills the argument I see over and over on here that he needs to be a 2 because he can't guard the 1. Can people please quit saying that? If you want to say he sucks on offense, at least you can try to make a valid point. But please stop saying he needs to be a 2 because he can't guard the 1.

There are two things you need to do on offense to be considered good. Score the ball and help others score the ball. Bohannon is really good at both. I give two shits if he's good at helping others score by driving and passing or creating angles and post feeding. Both are equally effective.

The issue with Bohannon is defense. He's terrible at it. He would be equally terrible guarding the 2 as he is guarding the 1. But that doesn't matter because there is no rule in basketball that a 1 has to guard a 1 and a 2 has to guard a 2.

If he's good enough to play the 1 on offense (which he is) he can play it on offense and guard the 2 on defense. That right there kills the argument I see over and over on here that he needs to be a 2 because he can't guard the 1. Can people please quit saying that? If you want to say he sucks on offense, at least you can try to make a valid point. But please stop saying he needs to be a 2 because he can't guard the 1.

Jordan is not good at helping others score the ball. That is the problem because he can't create for others. And before you go spouting off his assists even you admitted whoever is running the point in Fran's systems will get a lot of unimpressive assists because of the offense we run. That's not being very good at helping others score the ball.

PC I think the reason why this team is so reliant on transition offense is that he's not capable of initiating the offense because he's not someone that can break his guy down off the dribble. That matters the way offense is played now. It wouldn't be as big of a deal of Tom Davis was still running the flex offense here but it's clearly a problem. I'd be curious to see what the synergy sports numbers are in regard to Iowa's offense in the halfcourt.

You guys are seriously amazing.

PG matchup:
Iowa: 12 Pts / 3 A / 2 TOs / 4-12 FG
VT: 4 pts / 6 A / 3 TOs / 2-8 FG

Next three off guards:
Iowa: 6 Pts / 1 A / 6 TOs
VT: 37 Pts / 5 A / 3 TOs

According to him Jordan is the point guard we needed and Fran got him. It was humongous addition by Fran to land him instead of players like Carr, Moore, Winston and others. Wait until Saturday and watch Carr and think that deanvogs said Jordan was a better point guard than him.

PER!!!!!!!!!!! Who had the higher PER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck yeah I trolled the shit out of you last year because all you did was bust on Jordan all year long. It was fun, tracking the PER stat and using it against you as you said that is the end all beat all (which is funny as well PER!!!!!!!!). Heck if Jordan’s PER is high enough, I might just keep that troll going. Hell I’ll say Jordan > Steph Curry to troll your dumb ass.

Either way, keep trying to troll me, this is fun! Everyone knows you are a Clown troll.

Jordan is not good at helping others score the ball. That is the problem because he can't create for others. And before you go spouting off his assists even you admitted whoever is running the point in Fran's systems will get a lot of unimpressive assists because of the offense we run. That's not being very good at helping others score the ball.
Didn’t one of the mods tell you enough already with endless bagging on Bohannon.i see his shortcomings just like you but he isn’t goin anywhere and until help arrives this is our point guard lighten up Francis

Didn’t one of the mods tell you enough already with endless bagging on Bohannon.i see his shortcomings just like you but he isn’t goin anywhere and until help arrives this is our point guard lighten up Francis

Yeah, he was warned about bashing on Jordan. He is a Clown troll, what do you expect?

If Fran decided to run the clock down to zero before throwing up a 3 every time, he would hold a lot of teams in the 50s too. It's the pace of the game that makes Fran look terrible on defense (even tho they are actually terrible this year and last) and ) Licks teams look good.

True that. Good point. Yes, not a lot of run outs on Lickliter's teams.

PER!!!!!!!!!!! Who had the higher PER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck yeah I trolled the shit out of you last year because all you did was bust on Jordan all year long. It was fun, tracking the PER stat and using it against you as you said that is the end all beat all (which is funny as well PER!!!!!!!!). Heck if Jordan’s PER is high enough, I might just keep that troll going. Hell I’ll say Jordan > Steph Curry to troll your dumb ass.

Either way, keep trying to troll me, this is fun! Everyone knows you are a Clown troll.

Well that's good to know you were trolling when you said Fran did a good job recruiting a point guard. I honestly thought you were serious.

You guys are seriously amazing.

PG matchup:

Next three off guards:

So wait... this does not support the "Iowa loses, see I told you Jordan wasn't a PG theory" at all. We Hawkeye fans like it the clear cut and black and white. If we had a different PG who could penetrate, it would make all the other guys shoot better and play better defense by default. Every one knows this.

This should absolutely CRUSH this topic ... yet it doesn't. Because being right to you guys is more important than what actually happened.

PG matchup:

Next three off guards:

So wait... this does not support the "Iowa loses, see I told you Jordan wasn't a PG theory" at all. We Hawkeye fans like it the clear cut and black and white. If we had a different PG who could penetrate, it would make all the other guys shoot better and play better defense by default. Every one knows this.
No it doesn’t support it at all but as I’ve said in the past, whatever the narrative is around here, that tends to shape the discussion.

I actually thought JBo was pretty solid defensively last night outside of the one play where he lost his footing. The numbers of his opposing PG who he was guarding pretty much show that.

I think our biggest issue right now is no spacing on offense, and that comes from playing several bigs who cannot shoot and are being asked to play outside of their abilities. We need to start going smaller, with less minutes to Garza, Kriener, and likely Pemsl.

Only issue....No. The biggest one,Yes.

You could see this coming a long time ago. Fran loading up on wings instead of pursuing ball-handlers was a clear foreshadowing.

If we had a post defender like Woody, it would help mask Bohannon's defense. Instead we have the worst post defenders ever.

PC I think the reason why this team is so reliant on transition offense is that he's not capable of initiating the offense because he's not someone that can break his guy down off the dribble. That matters the way offense is played now. It wouldn't be as big of a deal of Tom Davis was still running the flex offense here but it's clearly a problem. I'd be curious to see what the synergy sports numbers are in regard to Iowa's offense in the halfcourt.

I would say we are fairly good on offense most of the time.

Last edited:
This should absolutely CRUSH this topic ... yet it doesn't. Because being right to you guys is more important than what actually happened.

PG matchup:

Next three off guards:

These numbers prove precisely what people like me have been saying about him. Yeah, he had 12 points. Let's break that down.

4-8 from 3, and 0-4 from 2 with zero free throw attempts. The guy struggles mightily inside the three point line. He's absolutely dynamite when he can step into a three. It's not that I think he's bad - it's that I think he's playing a position not best suited to his strengths.

Again, I'm an ISU fan. Jake Sullivan was a great player for us. There was a year he was forced to play PG. It wasn't the best situation for him and I think we're looking at a simliar situation here.

Latest posts