This is gonna be a LOOONG season

I don't hate either of them, if anything I feel bad for them. Jordan is being asked to play out of position and Isaiah isn't near as good as Pete was and Fran needs him to be for this to all work. Both seem to be good hard working kids on and off the court.

Lol “feel sorry for them”. Always got the Clown troll going.

Pete wasn't that good his sophomore season either. I still think Moss is ahead of Pete because of the RS as a sophomore. We should all face what we all over looked that's fairly important in college basketball unless your a blue blood, and that's Jr's and Sr's. Iowa doesn't have 1. No Marble, No White, No Uthoff, No Jok... just a bunch of potential. It should have been a bigger red flag to those of us with high expectations that our upper class leader was a former walk on who hustles. Not that I would trade Baer, he's a nice player and I am glad he's a Hawk - but he's not like the guys I listed.

or we can just blame Jordan over and over for no apparent reason.

I disagree on this. PG isn't the issue. We won just fine with Gesell at the PG, and he was limited in many ways himself. This is and always will be a team game. Cook, Pemsl and even Garza just can't hedge a ball screen at all, they are awful at it. Woody was tremendous at it. Marble was a good defender, Uthoff was a good defender, White was a good defender, Woody was a tremendous defender, Olesani was a good defender.

Acting like this is all Jordan's fault isn't looking at the entire picture. Yeah, he isn't great defensively, but if he was surrounded by defenders that Mike G. got to play with, he would be just fine. Unfortunately he is surrounded by other poor defender, and calling only him out and ignoring the other awful defenders on this team is short sighted to me.

If JB could even defend like Gesell we wouldn't be having t his conversation. While it is a team game defending the point is crucial and the defense gets broken down time and time again because they cannot stop the dribble penetration.

It's a shame you refuse to acknowledge this because of your ongoing spat with 5656. He's annoyed me sometimes as well but sometimes you gotta give credit where credit is due. Even broken clocks are right twice a day.

If JB could even defend like Gesell we wouldn't be having t his conversation. While it is a team game defending the point is crucial and the defense gets broken down time and time again because they cannot stop the dribble penetration.

It's a shame you refuse to acknowledge this because of your ongoing spat with 5656. He's annoyed me sometimes as well but sometimes you gotta give credit where credit is due. Even broken clocks are right twice a day.

I understand Jordan isn't good defensively. All I am saying is that this isn't the only reason Iowa is struggling. Others also agree with me here, we aren't going to all agree on everything.

This has nothing to do with Cy5656, I will continue to troll him.

I believe the point guard position is the biggest problem on this team and that is on Fran not specific player. I'm not alone in thinking that either.
Everybody realizes it but you keep harping and harping on it! Try a different topic for a change! There's a lot of it to discuss!

I tried telling you a hundred times that this team needed a point guard.
You and I have been preaching that for 2 years now. All we got was grief. There aren't enough seats on our bus for all of these posters trying to jump on. I can think of 2 or 3 really thick headed posters that won't get a seat, if I have anything to say about it.

Everybody realizes it but you keep harping and harping on it! Try a different topic for a change! There's a lot of it to discuss!

There's still a few that don't realize it but I'm not going to try to change their mind anymore. Especially cause they flat out admit they are just trying to troll me by disagreeing about it.

There's still a few that don't realize it but I'm not going to try to change their mind anymore. Especially cause they flat out admit they are just trying to troll me by disagreeing about it.

So, I mentioned this last year ... does anyone think that Fran has had trouble recruiting PGs that play differently than Jordan (and Connor ) because other PGs didn't want to come to Iowa because the coach's son would be here? PG is like a QB in football - one primarily plays for most of the game. Some teams do well playing two if they have 2 good ones.

However, I can see PGs when they are recruited to Iowa seeing Connor and thinking the coach is going to play him as he matures. Connor being hurt and sick has stopped us from seeing him play so far.

This is a different situation that Patrick because he plays a wing position and there are multiple opportunities for wings to play at the same time. Again, just asking.

I disagree on this. PG isn't the issue. We won just fine with Gesell at the PG, and he was limited in many ways himself. This is and always will be a team game. Cook, Pemsl and even Garza just can't hedge a ball screen at all, they are awful at it. Woody was tremendous at it. Marble was a good defender, Uthoff was a good defender, White was a good defender, Woody was a tremendous defender, Olesani was a good defender.

Acting like this is all Jordan's fault isn't looking at the entire picture. Yeah, he isn't great defensively, but if he was surrounded by defenders that Mike G. got to play with, he would be just fine. Unfortunately he is surrounded by other poor defender, and calling only him out and ignoring the other awful defenders on this team is short sighted to me.
Gesell was quick enough to defend and he had Sapp next to him, who was a very good defender. When you have guards that can keep their guys in front of them, it takes a ton of pressure off of the front court and keeps them out of foul trouble. I'm sorry but you're wrong about this. You can hide one poor perimeter defender. You can't hide 2 or 3. That's a recipe for what we have right now. I'd have to put Moss at an average defender, at best.

WE HAVE ISSUES EVERYWHERE RIGHT NOW. To say it is only a PG issue is just dumb IMO.

If this is the direction you wanna take the troll be my guest. I'm not gonna be defending Fran, or anyone on this team with performances like that. I'm all ready to go scorched earth, because this shit bother me and pisses me off. It is just a trolling opportunity for a Clown troll like you.
But that's where it all starts. Put a good athletic PG on this team, slide Bohannon to the 2 and let Moss play the 3. That would stop the bleeding considerably. It's still not a good defensive back court but it would be a huge upgrade to what we have now. You could put Bohannon on the other team's weakest guard, on the defensive end. As I said, you can hide 1 liability in the back court.

Gesell was quick enough to defend and he had Sapp next to him, who was a very good defender. When you have guards that can keep their guys in front of them, it takes a ton of pressure off of the front court and keeps them out of foul trouble. I'm sorry but you're wrong about this. You can hide one poor perimeter defender. You can't hide 2 or 3. That's a recipe for what we have right now. I'd have to put Moss at an average defender, at best.

So if we had another good guard, you would start him and Moss and let Bohannon sit on the bench? I think Bohanoon is the 2nd best player on the team. I would rather upgrade the 2, 3, or 5 spot right now. It's hard for me to say our second best player is the problem, especially when his weakness (defense) is everyone else on the team's weaknesses too.

So if we had another good guard, you would start him and Moss and let Bohannon sit on the bench? I think Bohanoon is the 2nd best player on the team. I would rather upgrade the 2, 3, or 5 spot right now. It's hard for me to say our second best player is the problem, especially when his weakness (defense) is everyone else on the team's weaknesses too.
No. I already said that I would slide Bohannon to the 2 and let him guard the other teams worst offensive guard. I can hide Bohannon's defensive liabilities enough to make his offensive contributions outweigh them.
Edit: You absolutely cannot have an Ellingson type backing him up, however. The only way I would feel comfortable with Bohannon at the 2 is if I had a good defender backing him up.

Don't get me wrong. I like Bohannon. I'm not going back on that but he needs to be surrounded by much better players, in the back court. Players that I can put on the other team's better offensive players.
Bohannon has great basketball IQ. He takes care of the ball, he's mentally tough and his 3 pt shot is money. Those are great attributes. Many of those attributes are offset by his poor defensive abilities.

Just stop. We both tried telling you what the problems were and all you did was argue. Just own it and move on.

This is probably like the 4th time I’ve told you, but I never said Jordan would be good, I simply said it was too early to say he sucked after his first PTL game. Now I had no clue he would be 1st team All Fr. And to your credit you acknowledged he was better than you thought.

Cy5656 just kept trolling and trolling and trolling Jordan, so yeah I trolled his Clone ass right back. Heck remember when Cy5656 was trolling and lecturing poster who said Jordan would be 1st team all Fr? He called them stupid and all sorts of names and said they didn’t know BB.

So yeah clearly I’m gonna troll that troll.

I said Mike was a good defender, and Jordan wasn’t. Neither could penetrate at all, and Jordan can shoot, and Mike couldn’t.

Like I said None of Iowa PG to date have been guys that get to and finish at the rim. It isn’t like I ever said Jordan could do that or play D. I’m just saying these losses aren’t all his fault. Surely you see that Moss, Cook and Pensl are all below average defenders as well.

I said Mike was a good defender, and Jordan wasn’t. Neither could penetrate at all, and Jordan can shoot, and Mike couldn’t.

Like I said None of Iowa PG to date have been guys that get to and finish at the rim. It isn’t like I ever said Jordan could do that or play D. I’m just saying these losses aren’t all his fault. Surely you see that Moss, Cook and Pensl are all below average defenders as well.

Don't forget Garza. I think his play at the beginning of the second half was the main reason they went on their run. He was really bad. I blame Fran's 2 foul rule for that one.

No. I already said that I would slide Bohannon to the 2 and let him guard the other teams worst offensive guard. I can hide Bohannon's defensive liabilities enough to make his offensive contributions outweigh them.
Edit: You absolutely cannot have an Ellingson type backing him up, however. The only way I would feel comfortable with Bohannon at the 2 is if I had a good defender backing him up.

I saw that after my post. Bad timing. If you say you would have him on the floor at the expense of someone else, wouldn't that person deserve more blame than Bohannon?

Cook's lazy defense and lack of rebounding is going to cost him a shot at an NBA roster.
Pemsl would be best suited to guarding the post, man on man. Eliminate that high hedge from his responsibilities. He should not leave that circle under the basket.
Moss is better suited to play the 3. He's long enough and quick enough to guard the 3. And he would pose problems for opposing 3s, if he would get aggressive and attack the rim every now and then.
I'm not trying to blame anything on Bohannon. It's not his fault he's playing PG. He's doing a much better job at it than I had ever dreamed he would, when I first saw him play. And there are more problems with this roster than the PG position. It's a forward heavy roster, full of one way, slow footed players.

Latest posts