This is gonna be a LOOONG season

It is gonna be a long season. I am highly disappointed. I thought they played a great first half, and then lost it. Shot the ball horribly in the 2nd half. Doesn't matter what type of defense you play if you shoot like that you're going to lose by double digits. Moss is timid and crazy loose with the ball. I really wish Connor was available. I think Christian Williams would have played a lot now looking back in hindsight. I'm still gonna watch every game. I still like all of the players. I think Nunge and Garza will both make big strides this season. I thought Cordell played well. Cook has made incredible strides. Baer, is a nice player, but last night he was hunting shots, which is weird you'd think he'd ease back into his return. Jordan, love his offense and his quick shot. He is a liability on defense. I actually like Wagner, his role just needs reduced. Dailey has a long ways to go.

I still support Fran and the staff. He's been great for Iowa and a slow start doesn't make him a bum to me. But that's just me. You're free to express what a terrible coach he became over night.

You won't see me trashing the players in this program either. Sheesh. You guys are really tough. I am not gonna sell hope or tell you not to air your frustrations. I fell for the hype as well. I expected more and now I am just hoping we see progress.
Yeah I agree we blog based on emotion because we want the kids and team to look good for them and for all the fan base. I don't think Fran is a bum he just has some huge coaching issues from recruiting to teaching defense where it's glaring to the point where we can't even cover it up. Again Fran is who he is nothing is going to change and even when the young kids are Jr and Sr the same things are going to happen like with saw with Marble and crew etc.

If you think the only issue on this team is PG, then you are an idiot.
This! Defensively they look lost. We have bigs that float around the perimeter instead of working the low post. Nobody can create their own shot. No clear leader on the floor. We recruit Juco caliber guards. I could go on all day.

And all of those teams have another thing in common: February fade away

White's senior year they indeed did not fade away in February. They went on a tear. Not really last season either. They started off slow but then reeled off a nice run. I still get what you're saying, just not really true.

Can someone please explain to me how getting a new point guard will help Bohannon on defense? Or are you suggesting Moss play the 2 over Bohannon and he ride pine?

Missed shots from 5ft and in were plentiful last night. Pemsl missed 5-6 from that range himself. I've gotta think that many close misses is an aberration - make 5 of those bunnies and it's an entirely different game and energy level. This doesn't excuse the fact that Iowa's 3pt shooters were AWOL (other than JB). I was satisfied with the 1st half defense, but once the missed bunnies added up and VT started their run, the team defense concept used in the 1st half totally evaporated - chalk that up to youth not knowing how to respond. This is definitely a team with issues, but I don't think the sky is falling. Now, lose to PSU this weekend and that may change.

This team will have games where they will seem unbeatable...that is how the game is when you have tall, wing players who can shoot the 3...other times...dead in the water pathetic...compare blowing out Ohio State to losing to Purdue at home...same circus ride...

This team will not be able to impose its will on other teams defensively...great teams can play great defense and have outstanding rebounding...when the shots aren't falling...and still win ugly...

That would be tough, but Iowa lost a game (to a likely NCAA team on the road) yesterday so it's open season to say whatever you want.

I'll give him two then to make it easier. Uthoff's senior year and Marble's senior year. I'll even let him Google past schedules for help.

It's a major issue on this team. Don't you see how easily the opposing teams PG blows right past JB? Every time that happens it breaks down our defense and if the PG doesn't get an easy layup he's dumping it off and all we can do is foul. Iowa cannot defend man to man because of this and when they switch to zone it leaves wide open shooters on the perimeter. Not having a decent point guard ruins everything you try to do defensively.

This has been a glaring problem that a few of us on here have been trying to point out but every time JB drains a 3 pointer all of the sudden he's a good point guard. Some people on here will support JB being a point guard to the death and yet anybody that watches the games should be able to see how glaring the problem is.

I disagree on this. PG isn't the issue. We won just fine with Gesell at the PG, and he was limited in many ways himself. This is and always will be a team game. Cook, Pemsl and even Garza just can't hedge a ball screen at all, they are awful at it. Woody was tremendous at it. Marble was a good defender, Uthoff was a good defender, White was a good defender, Woody was a tremendous defender, Olesani was a good defender.

Acting like this is all Jordan's fault isn't looking at the entire picture. Yeah, he isn't great defensively, but if he was surrounded by defenders that Mike G. got to play with, he would be just fine. Unfortunately he is surrounded by other poor defender, and calling only him out and ignoring the other awful defenders on this team is short sighted to me.

You were the one defending Fran saying he got the point guard he needed and that we didn't need those athletic four star guards he went after first. You argued all off season that Jordan was a better point guard than Moore, Carr, Winston and all the other ones we targeted first.

You are a Clown troll. You are CyTwins. All you did all last year was troll Jordan, so yeah I'm gonna defend him.

I disagree on this. PG isn't the issue. We won just fine with Gesell at the PG, and he was limited in many ways himself. This is and always will be a team game. Cook, Pemsl and even Garza just can't hedge a ball screen at all, they are awful at it. Woody was tremendous at it. Marble was a good defender, Uthoff was a good defender, White was a good defender, Woody was a tremendous defender, Olesani was a good defender.

Acting like this is all Jordan's fault isn't looking at the entire picture. Yeah, he isn't great defensively, but if he was surrounded by defenders that Mike G. got to play with, he would be just fine. Unfortunately he is surrounded by other poor defender, and calling only him out and ignoring the other awful defenders on this team is short sighted to me.

You sir are clueless.

Yeah but do you really want to give up .500ish or slightly better seasons with the occasional really good season for the unknown? Iowa could go backwards. (See what I did there!).

All joking aside, dude has to go if he can't consistently make the tourney.

I know you are joking, but BB and football are two different beasts. 8-4 makes you a legend (Hayden Fry). 20-10 gets you on the bubble.

I don't know ... there are distracting alternatives.

Let's see ... Hawks play Penn State at 4 this Saturday. That's a damn good reason to watch UGA & Auburn at 3.

With no dog in the fight, just for fun, make an effort to watch all the bowl games throughout December. There will prolly be some entertaining games to keep your mind off things and start to make you oblivious to the schedule.
(Yes, you will suffer through the Hawk's bowl game but, it's just 1.)

It's gonna be a very intriguing playoff. That takes you through January 8. Then switch to NFL playoffs, which, let's face it, is the only interesting time to watch any of their games.

Now you're into February. Time to start watching all the other games around the country to scout for the NCAA pool picks.

If you do this right, you can completely avoid this eyesore. Not only reduce stress and anger but actually promote excitement / anticipation for '18-'19, when Joe Weis joins the team and the Soph's + Jrs should be seasoned and ready to play up to their abilities.

You are a Clown troll. You are CyTwins. All you did all last year was troll Jordan, so yeah I'm gonna defend him.

This is standard for you when you are wrong. I told you we needed an athletic point guard who could defend and you said we didn't. I ended up being right and instead of acknowledging that you were wrong you just make yourself look dumber and call me a troll.

This is standard for you when you are wrong. I told you we needed an athletic point guard who could defend and you said we didn't. I ended up being right and instead of acknowledging that you were wrong you just make yourself look dumber and call me a troll.

I don't think anyone ever denied you were right about Jordan not being a good defender. So, you were right all along. He's part of the issue with this team, there is NO doubt. But there are more then just him. He isn't the MAIN issue. He is 1 of the issues. We need another guard. We need another PG, we don't have it. That's not JORDAN'S issue... it's Fran's. But it's easier for you to just say "well, I told ya about Jordan" when they lose when there are positions all over the court to blame.

Like it or not, one of the myriad problems this team has is point guard.

Bohannon is a shooting guard, not a point guard. Plain and simple. He’s a great ball player but he’s also a square peg in a round hole at Iowa and it’s starting to burn them.

You can shit rainbows and call me a clown fan (your go to defense) all you want, but if you’ve watched a game and understand basketball at all it’s plain as day.

Comparing Gesell to Bohannon just because Fran put them in the same spot is absurd. They are nothing alike.

That would be like comparing Easley and Matt VB. they play the same position but do two totally different things. It doesn’t work.

It isn't my standard, it is what you are. I have been saying it forever. You aren't even upset about our BB team, you just show up to troll. It is what you do. You were trolling hard saying we weren't going to make the NIT last year when we were struggling, and you were nowhere to be found when we beat teams like Wisconsin and Indiana.

I'm not sure why you still do it, just sign in as the Clown fan you are and people will treat you like BryceC, or any other Clone fans that post here.

I don't think anyone ever denied you were right about Jordan not being a good defender. So, you were right all along. He's part of the issue with this team, there is NO doubt. But there are more then just him. He isn't the MAIN issue. He is 1 of the issues. We need another guard. We need another PG, we don't have it. That's not JORDAN'S issue... it's Fran's. But it's easier for you to just say "well, I told ya about Jordan" when they lose when there are positions all over the court to blame.

I agree with this but I do think the point guard position is the main issue. We need a player who can defend the other team's point guard and someone who can create offense at the point guard position. This is in no way Jordan's fault, Fran is putting him in a terrible position. I can't believe deanvogs would say the point guard position isn't an issue though. It's like he doesn't watch the games.