The "we" debate, in Olympic context

::high fives Scorp:: He is wearing this shirt today.

TrollFace--SHIRT.jpg

I WOULD TOTALLY WEAR THAT SHIRT. Send me an XXL.

I'm gonna take my Nike bag on a united flight and eat McDs in the airport. I will ask each place to make sure a penny goes to the Olympic team. I will then say "weeeeeeeeee" all the way home.

We get it Vinny, you're cool, you're ******* edgy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8CFVpys-Bk]Mitch's Rant 2 (Waiting) By Request - YouTube[/ame]

and another poster who can't explain his weird possessive expressions is heard from

lol wut? that right there is a big ol' plate of word-spaghetti :eek::rolleyes:

I am Italian so the spaghetti reference fits.

We all use the possessive all the time so it is all right. Using, "we" and "our" and "us" does not imply ownership or being an actual member of the team.

Think of it as literary license.

Oh an pass the Parmesan cheese.

and another poster who can't explain his weird possessive expressions is heard from

Another post from a condescending ******* who has nothing better to do than live on a message board under like three different screen names.

I am Italian so the spaghetti reference fits.

We all use the possessive all the time so it is all right. Using, "we" and "our" and "us" does not imply ownership or being an actual member of the team.

Think of it as literary license.

Oh an pass the Parmesan cheese.

you're making me hongry

I am surprised at the people who say you cant use "we" or "our" in reference to teams, etc yet billions of people listed to priests, ministers, etc all the time saying "our God" and the lord's prayer starts "Our Father ..." Yet we dont own God nor are we necessasarly part of God's team.

I am surprised at the people who say you cant use "we" or "our" in reference to teams, etc yet billions of people listed to priests, ministers, etc all the time saying "our God" and the lord's prayer starts "Our Father ..." Yet we dont own God nor are we necessasarly part of God's team.

How many times must I repeat myself??
I NEVER SAID ANYONE CAN'T OR SHOULDN'T USE THE POSSESSIVE WHEN SPEAKING OF A THING THEY DON'T OWN AND/OR AREN'T LINKED TO; I AM MERELY ASKING FOR JUSTIFICATION FOR THE BEHAVIOR.

Cripes, you people go to such great lengths to present strawmen; why don't you just offer your justification??

I NEVER SAID ANYONE CAN'T OR SHOULDN'T USE THE POSSESSIVE WHEN SPEAKING OF A THING THEY DON'T OWN AND/OR AREN'T LINKED TO; I AM MERELY ASKING FOR JUSTIFICATION FOR THE BEHAVIOR.

Cripes, you people go to such great lengths to present strawmen; why don't you just offer your justification??

I DON'T HAF TO JUSTIFY MYSEWF TO YOU

And when people give you explanations, you either spout off crap like "jingoistic patriotism", or post one of your many "hilarious" memes.

Don't blame us for the fact that you just like to troll.

I own a Toyota. I'ma start referring to Toyota Motor Corp in teh possessive.
"Yep yep yep, we have some exciting new styles coming out for the 2013 model year!"

Latest posts