The "we" debate, in Olympic context

A political debate between people on a message board who can barely get sports analysis right? Nope.

Last edited:
Go our Hawkeyes, Go my Cubs, Go my Packers, Go my Bulls, Go my Blackhawks.

using the packers in your argument here is probably the wrong team to use...as you actually could be talking to someone with part ownership (i am not and am not a packer fan) in that team which then would mean by your justification that they could say "we".

Troll-runaway-golf-cart_o_130060.gif
So hilarious.......my stomach hurts!

I just think that, while not to the extent of the player, coaches, etc., fans also have an investment in a team. Fans also have the ability to give the team they root for a competitive advantage.

On a conditional basis only would I agree.
Anonymous fans do nothing to motivate an athlete. If you're in the stadium shouting and screaming, that's one thing; if you're sitting on your couch munching cheetos while teh athlete is competing, my guess is that you ain't contributing to any competitive advantage.

Thanks for your response; we clearly disagree, but I appreciate that you weren't a jerk about it and that you gave a thoughtful reply. :)

:confused::confused::confused:

you're the only one fired up enough to post a rant like that, Red :(

It doesn't bother me; I started this thread as an attempt to determine if the possessives among us could explain why they use the possessive tense when referring to USA Olympic athletes.

So far, no one has been able to explain it to my satisfaction. I've read a bunch of emotional (butthurt, in some cases :rolleyes: ) and nationalistic responses, but that's about it.

#I_am_entertained

Ha! Guess I should have put more smiley faces in my "rant"!

#ILOVETOGIVEYOUAHARDTIME

I still can't believe I was the first and only one to catch on to the trolling. Guys, it takes one to know one. JS. =D

Latest posts